• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Found some old heroin about 10 years old is it safe

Hemavore

Greenlighter
i got in a car wreck today and when i looked down on the floorboard i noticed something familiar and thought to be lost for a long time a stash bottle and when i opened it iknew the smell and look its obviously old between 5 and 10 years old is it okay to use?

Assuming it was in a sealed container its safe to use but will have probably lost a lot of potency due to the heat inside the car and humidity, if it was in a dark cold and dry place it would mantain potency and be safe for decades.

Was this your heroin or pharmaceutical grade? If not how do know it's actually H?

Besides that fact unless it was medical grade and in a sealed container it's going to be covered in bacteria and possibly mold. Also unless it was very very dry it's likely to have degraded into morphine by now if it hasn't completely degraded.

I highly doubt it will be any more covered in bacteria than any other Dope. Unfortunately it will be degraded. Fortunately it is likely to degrade into morphine which obviously is still active.

Cook in hear before shooting. Any other roa don?t even worry.

Was this your heroin or pharmaceutical grade? If not how do know it's actually H?

Besides that fact unless it was medical grade and in a sealed container it's going to be covered in bacteria and possibly mold. Also unless it was very very dry it's likely to have degraded into morphine by now if it hasn't completely degraded.

its black tar mexican dope its dry but no mold and its seemingly okay ill go ahead and cook up a dose and lety you guys know how i feel so future people can get an idea of what to expect. FOR SCIENCE

UPDATE: its still good enough. i did around .4 and got pins and needles all over my body after i hit. my god imimpressed it survived desert heat for a decade

Last edited:
its black tar mexican dope its dry but no mold and its seemingly okay ill go ahead and cook up a dose and lety you guys know how i feel so future people can get an idea of what to expect. FOR SCIENCE

UPDATE: its still good enough. i did around .4 and got pins and needles all over my body after i hit. my god imimpressed it survived desert heat for a decade

I think the acidity of tar keeps bacteria from growing.

When I lived in New Jersey, if I reused a cotton that?s a few hours old I was pretty much guaranteeing cotton fever. With tar, I?ve never gotten cotton fever ever.

Pins and needles indicates it had likely in fact degraded to morphine but not h gets converted to morphine in the body anyway.