• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 8thday done with Poppyseed Tea/Wash! Week of Hell!

Day 11. No sleep really. I didn't get Muscinex because I was too tired and afraid to drive to the store. I did take 2 Immodium and 2 Dramamine. Did nothing but make me sick. How in the world do you take that many Immodium tablets? That cannot be safe or good for you. My mouth was as dry as cotton all night and in between my 5 hot baths to take the surges of hot flashes and cold feet away, I drank glasses of water. My brain will not shut down.

I'm not sure what happened. I just typed a bunch of stuff and it is now gone! crap

10yearsgone, I can't imagine what you have been through. How do you keep going through withdrawals? This is so unbelievable horrible! When did your sleep pattern come back? How long did it take you to start sleeping on your own?

Chris, you have all been so wonderful to me. I am so exhausted today I can hardly see straight. How long did the not sleep and sweats/hot flashes last for you? I'm day 11 and still miserable.

Terrible, Terrible day. Dark thoughts and not feeling well. I went for a walk without saying anything to anyone and my hub shows up behind me. I know he is worried. I didn't want to talk to him. I can tell I am a big stress for him right now and on the entire family. This is so hard in so many ways. He wouldn't leave me alone, so I sobbed to him as we walked in the sunshine. We walked maybe 1.5 miles and I was feeling better. All I need is some sleep. I don't know how I am going to push through this week and do everything I have to do with no sleep. Very worried.

8thday, you may not be ready to stop. A large part of this is mental. I'm not saying that the withdrawal symptoms are "just in your head". They are quite real. I know how difficult it is.

You've read through iamgollums thread, if you haven't already, read SoCal's thread, Hickfromstick's thread, Debbie Combs' thread. If I left anyone out, my apologies.

Something SoCal (Dale), reiterated frequently us you have to really have your mind made up and want to stop. You're going to hit quite a few tough spots. You're going to cry. You're going to possibly start punching the bed because you're going insane from restless legs, arms, body. You may even just flip out, and feel "I can't do this. I just can't". All par for the course.

If I wasn't locked in a cell naked (to further add to the humiliation), I probably would've gave in when the seizures started. They were terrifying. I thought I was dying, or something was terribly, terribly wrong. They (the guards) allowed me to have 5 seizures before they radioed a medical emergency. I could tell you the entire horror story, maybe another time. It's posted somewhere, unless it was deleted. I don't know.

These are your options - don't take anything, and tough it out. It's going to last for a little while. Make yourself as comfortable as possible. Try to hang on - it eventually is going to end. We can't tell you exactly when. Everyone is different. But, there are what seem to be averages. iamgollum said 3wks was a decent improvement. If you feel up to it, read through the aforementioned threads. The members I mentioned went through PST detox and methadone detoxes. Both are drawn out, that is why they are so torturous.

You're other option is take some comfort meds. 2 loperamide isn't going to touch withdrawal. Not the kind you're going through. I never took Dramamine for w/d, so I can't comment. Mucinex combined with the correct amount of loperamide was a lifesaver. Sometimes, you need to regroup. As I mentioned, the tone of your posts sounds like you've had it. I'm being honest with you, it's not my style to bullshit anyone or blow smoke up their ass so they feel better for 30seconds.

Another option is a quick, Suboxone or Subutex taper. Like 10-14days. It would make this process alot more bearable.

It seems that you don't want to go any of those routes. That's perfectly ok. This is your detox You call the shots.

You're going to have to just power through. Stay as hydrated as possible. Try to get something in you for energy, even if it's sucking on hard candy that you re able to tolerate.

The answer to your question is, I hate withdrawal. I have less tolerance for it now I already played this demented game.

I don't want to make excuses, but my husband isnt quite be ready to completely stop using. I've pleaded, begged, cried, flipped out, been understanding, etc etc. I know I cannot make anyone stop if they aren't ready. Just as noone could've forced me to stop. I'm not in a position to leave him. If I was, I would. And I'd tell him that I'd be back when he felt ready to stop. It's a very difficult dynamic.

Addressing your mental/emotional health is not-negotiable. You try and fix what it is that made you use in the first place. It can't work if you don't do that.

I suffered severe anxiety and panic attacks. If I wasn't on something, it was miserable being me. Last week, I skipped my meds for 3 days and had a severe panic attack. It's been a long time since I had one that severe. I don't know how I lived like that. It was quite a reminder. My medication is life-changing. Now I know how other people feel. In a good way.

8th day, I'm on your side. I support you in however you decide to handle this. It is going to end. Try to stay as positive as you're able.

Btw, when I detoxed, I was still sick on day 16. On that day, I was prescribed medication. And it changed my life for the better. I have a hard head and had to learn through brute Force. I'm sending healing prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of you 8thday. Hoping you're well, and stop by to give an update.

Day 13. This is absolute hell. I am so exhausted. I never, never, never realized it would do this to my body. My sis brought over Xanax for me on Sunday night with Unisom. She knows what is going on. She never sleeps and has a million pills, so she was great to share. I hope that is not my future since we have the same gene pool. I never had a problem sleeping on PST. I wouldn't take it before bed or anything, I would take it in the morning and then around 2 in the afternoon. I wouldn't do it to get a buzz, just to feel positive enough to get the house cleaned, dinner made, laundry done and help kids get all of their homework done. At 9-10 I'd get in bed and be asleep in 20 minutes. I have never had an easier time going to sleep. Slept all night too. Is that typical of opiate use? Sunday night, I took a 1 Xanax and half a Unisom and I was out from 10-5. I felt a tiny bit better yesterday since I wasn't as sleep deprived, but I had no energy and felt drugged. I don't like that feeling at all. Anxiety all day too, but I did manage to make it through the day. I called my doc and talked to him about my intense insomnia. He prescribed some Xanax and Trintillex? Some new anti=depressant. I read about it and it gave me more anxiety at the thought of taking it. Not sure what to do. I need some sleep and my body isn't doing it on its own for some weird reason. Seems like some of you can get at least an hour or two, but my brain won't shut off at all.

Last edited:
10years, I love you. You are an amazing person. Everyone on here needs you. This is such an ASS KICKER!!! Thank you for actually caring about me and wondering how I am doing. It means more than you'll ever know :>

10 years, you okay? Hope so! What about a GABA supplement? Does it help with sleep? Not excited about taking Xanax at night.

8thday you are doing amazing. Yes. You truly are.

The reason we care about you is we know how damn hard it is. You get pushed beyond your limits.

I remember during one of my detoxes in jail, just lying there, unable to move, staring at a cement wall thinking "I'm losing everything today". I was on day 3. I wanted to die. I was praying to die. We really, truly understand what you're going through. We also know, with absolute certainty, that it ends. We're here to remind you of that. As many times as necessary.

You mentioned that you stopped decorating the house. I know what a big deal that is as a wife and mother. You're going to get there again

Hang in there 8th day. We're standing at the finish line, cheering for you. We're also standing on the sidelines, rooting for you. Always. xoxo

@8thday: You are a warrior. I know how hard it is to push yourself feeling like you do, but it is great therapy. Normal routines will help shorten the withdrawal.

And, 10DaysGone is absolutely right that it will eventually end and there is life on the other side. Do not beat yourself up over what has passed--the past cannot be changed. Learn from it and plan a better future. The addiction/withdrawal is not going to be the story of your life, only a very short chapter.

^^Yes, yes and yes!

Though it feels like it now, this will not define who you are.

Depression, being really emotional is w/d. Please don't beat yourself up. As soon as you start to, stop. There's nothing useful about beating yourself up.

You're a wonderful wife and mother. If you weren't, you wouldn't worry about or care about disappointing your family. Hang on tight 8thday. There is an end to it. Soon, you're going to notice improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 16 still. It has been double the days since I signed up for Bluelight and started recovery. Today has been a rollercoaster. Felt horrible, cleaned, hiked, felt a little better but not like I did when the sun was shining. It is dark and rainy today. A little of my old self came back as I started up the hiking trail. Two teenage boys started behind me. My competitive side kicked in and I thought (just like I use to) I will not let them pass me. My legs feel like rubber but I kicked it and kept hearing them behind me until I couldn't anymore. I hiked up about a mile and half and sat on a rock that I did earlier this week and sobbed and prayed and begged for help. I started down and saw a young couple probably a quarter mile ahead of me. I kicked it into gear and passed them. I know it might sound crazy, but it is a good way to make yourself get in shape. I am clearly competitive in nature when it comes to training myself to get in shape, but this is a completely different beast. I have no control. I can't push myself or discipline myself into getting sleep or giving myself energy. My brain and body are in control and not me, my spirit. I believe there are two components to you. Your body, and your spirit. When you die, your spirit leaves and you still exist as the person you are now. Your body and spirit combined, make you who you are. Your body has physical limitations and struggles and your spirit learns to try to deal with and overcome the physical body. I haven't struggled like this, with mind over body since I was diagnosed with MS. You simply can't make it better. You can do things over time to help it heal, but we are human. I hate that I am not in control. I am running on sheer will power. My depression and anxiety are at an all time high today. My body is still trying to kick this thing. My bowels are still sick and I feel nauseous. I wish I was feeling better. The is such a frustrating process. How people do this multiple times is so beyond me. Wowwww this is hard. Maybe it really is like having a baby or running a marathon, you forget how absolutely miserable and painful it is until you are right in the middle of it and then you remember, but the joy that comes from getting through it is worth the high. It has to feel empowering that you did it! That is what I am looking forward to. The day that I don't feel like this anymore and it lasts forever.

8thday-

I read every single word of every single post. It's important to me. What you share matters to me. I want to know and understand where you're coming from.

Is it weird to want to be perfect? Not at all. Is it realistic? Of course not. I know exactly how you feel. That extra kick of energy from opiates was nice. The dulling effect on my extremely sensitive heart was a relief. The slowing of my nonstop racing thoughts, anxiety and panic attacks, yes. It was like I found the cure to everything. On top of everything else, being a perfect size 4, perfect makeup and hair.

You really don't know how great you're doing. While feeling this shitty, you take care of your children, do laundry, run errands and stop at a friend's house? Are you kidding me, you're a superhero. Alot of people, while in withdrawal, barely get out of bed. Other than going to the bathroom.

You're getting through this

You can really be of great help in this opiate epidemic. Like you said, we like to go to counselors and therapists that we know have been there. That may be in your future. You have a different understanding and empathy of this now.

You're really doing great. Hang in there.

10years, We sound so similar. The extra kick of energy, the taking the anxiety away and not feel so deeply about everything, no more panic or excessive worrying about everything, not worrying about weight because food didn't matter as much and staying skinny was easy. Always feeling happy and getting everything done was like the anti-depressant I never could find. Dream come true, but there is no such thing. Comes with a cost....it isn't as perfect as it seems.

How do I read your blog or story? It says I don't have access to read it? You are the biggest cheerleader on here, so I'd like to get to know you better by reading your life and struggles and what you have been through.

I just talked to my mom who told me about a neighbor of hers that is a little older than I am. She was in a horrible car accident and is a paraplegic and her husband has been fighting cancer for years and just died yesterday. They have a teenage son around one of my kids age that goes to the same school. My heart. Here I am boo hooing about poor me and I CANNOT imagine being paralyzed from a car accident and losing my husband with a teenage son to raise. wow. Put some things in perspective for me today. Life can turn on a dime. Am I exhausted and scared because I'm not sleeping? yes! Could it be worse? X10000000. Just need to always be looking around to see who needs some kind of help, like you. Thank you for being so incredibly supportive and sweet to me. Wish I knew you better.

That poor woman (your neighbor). I've thought about being in that position. Terrified is the first word that comes to mind. Learning to depend on others for every - single - thing. Including using the bathroom. My heart goes out to her. Do you ever talk to her? She probably has an interesting story and alot of wisdom to share.

Something I learned 8thday, when I was in rehab, is when people annoyed or irritated me, I would mentally tell myself "Take a couple steps back. This person is more than likely in pain" (aren't we all really?), It just varies in what degree of pain we're in, depending on the timing really. I also told myself that it wasn't personal or directed at me. (the behavior I found irritating). It worked 9 out of 10 times. I didn't learn this from the rehab itself, I meant the timing happened to be while I was in rehab. There's alot of different personalities, in different states of detox. So yeah. I really loved rehab, it was one of the best experiences of my life. I was in a chronic pain program. For people that need pain meds, but also abused them.

I honestly don't know how to tell you to.look up my story. But, when you're feeling better, I'll tell you the entire, very public, horrifying but poignant (for me) story.

The bright side of your current situation is, you are definitely going to recover from it. It really does come to an end. In the case of being paralyzed, the same may not be true. But, what you're going through is still difficult. I think if our anxiety and depression weren't so amplified during w/d, we might handle it better.

It's the all-consuming attack on everything, that causes us to lose our shit. You feel so uncomfortable, which gets irritating, and we're already short on patience. We feel very sad and emotional, then the guilt and regret starts , add an emotional baseball bat to beat yourself senseless with and it's...alot.

That's why you need support. 24/7 support. It's not like one "Your're going to be ok" is enough. Unfortunately. That's why you found BL. We get it 8thday. I'm happy to be here for you. I hope it's really sunny where you live today. It is in PA. The last few days have been dark, rainy and cold. Have a good day! You're another day forward. Getting closer and closer.

8thday, Thank you so very much!!!!! I come here everyday to read your posts and the support that is given to you, by this amazing group of people promoting and supporting Recovery!
I am struggling with a Hydrophone addiction. I started with Radiation TX for head & Neck cancer ( brutal TX 10 weeks 5/days a week) so long term side effects are just the Price of admission.
been over 5 years on pain meds, started with Oxy, then Dr moved me to Norco 10/325.
so Taking 20 - 30 mg a day, and want to stop!! But between pain,withdrawals,cravings, and just an over all addictive personality, not there yet. But you are amazing
thank you
JP

8thday-

To find my story go up to the upper right corner of the page, do an Advanced Search. The title of the thread is "Coming Out/Back From the Wreckage" by Stargazer.

My original name on BL is Stargazer (which I'm trying to get back, I was unable to get into my original account). One of our awesome mods toothpastedog, somehow put my old and new threads together.

Hey Iceman,

You have been through alot. Things happen when they happen. The fact that you evenhave an inkling of wanting to stop, is great. We're here for you. Welcome to Healthy Living.
There was a time I had no intention of stopping - both pain meds and IV heroin. I had an obscene habit and tolerance.

It was a miracle that I even came to the Sober Living forum. Why would I want to be sober?

Well...things beyond my control happened. Glad to see you here Iceman. ❤️

10 Years Gone,
Thank you for the reply. I am not sure where I will go with my CLEAN living. I have been Sober for a Very long time, not all in a row but 95% of the last 35 years ( Damm that is a Big Number Lol LOl Ha Ha)
I will continue to try and see there are other emotional issues in my life at the moment as well. Loved one ( 61) with Stage 4 Lung cancer, not a very good prognosis there!!! CANCER SUCKS!!
So my norcos may be a crutch there as well, at least not to go through active withdrawls???

I am so glade to be here, everyone is from My Tribe, and we all feel the same thing

" IF YOU DON'T GOT THIS.......................YOU DON'T GET IT"

I have stopped arguing with non Addicts about Addiction
all is well
thanks
jp