Basketball 2019 NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge! [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
cEiSMQa.png

WELCOME TO THE 2019
NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKET CHALLENGE !

Click below to join the Bluelight2019 group on ESPN.

Password: "march"
Max Entries: 3

^CLICK HERE^

Selection Sunday is this Sunday, March 17. You will not be able to fill out your bracket(s) until then. You can, however, register your name and join the group right now. The deadline for all entries is Thursday, March 21. Scoring rules are outlined below.

HOW TO PLAY.

a. General.
The objective of the challenge is to accumulate the most points by correctly selecting the "winning pick" for each of the sixty-three (63) match-ups associated with the Tournament.

b. How to make your selections.
You may enter your selections online by following the instructions in the How to Play section of the game.

c. Scoring.
A correct pick in a given round is shown below:

• Round 2: 10 points per pick
  • Round 3: 20 points per pick
  • Round 4: 40 points per pick
  • Round 5: 80 points per pick
  • Round 6: 160 points per pick
  • Championship: 320 points per pick
In the event a Tournament match does not occur as scheduled (e.g., due to cancellation) no points will be awarded.

d. Lock-time.
All picks will lock at the scheduled tip off time of the Tournament currently scheduled for Thursday, March 21, 2019.
Your picks for the matchups must be submitted, received and recorded by the scheduled locktime. Selections submitted after the deadline are considered invalid. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

e. Ties.
Entrants may, but are not required to, submit a predicted score for the championship game (the "Tiebreaker Game Score"). This prediction is used for tiebreaker purposes only. If no predicted score is submitted for an entry, it is given a default prediction of zero (0) points to zero (0) points.

The winner will receive a custom title and the glory of being the Bluelight Bracket Challenge Champion!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Just a reminder...you can register now for the contest then fill out your bracket later. Selection Sunday is this Sunday, March 17. ESPN should be (although I can't find any info yet) airing a marathon of bracketology centered programming starting Monday.

Also...if you are able, I would recommend downloading the ESPN Tournament Central app. It makes the whole process much easier and it has a ton of features you can't find elsewhere.

Here is the current projection from Joe Lunardi:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Last edited:
Oh wait I have to make 63 selections? I'm entirely too dumb to do that, I would need an alogrithm for a better answer

b& from FB for life so I don't think it'll let me in

*shakes on bars on cage*

Look man, here's an example from last year

emmeAfg.jpg

Thats all you have to do...on Sunday the blank bracket will populate with teams. In the example above you would have picked between Virginia and UMBC first (top left corner)...then pick the two teams below them. Then you pick the winner of those two. And so on. Eventually you have a sweet sixteen, a final four, and a national champion.

You can register now.
Tomorrow, after the field is released, you can start making your selections.
Its easy to sign up.

I did mine on time buddy

how do we score this, you or do I post the results in a week or two?

That's the cool part...it scores itself. After you register and make your picks, there's nothing else to do.

once the brackets are locked on Thursday, you will be able to look at everyone else's picks.

then as each game concludes, the results will automatically update.

Nah man, just make the picks on the site, submit it, then you're done. Unless you want to make more. You can have up to three.

the brackets will automatically score themselves after the games start.

A little less than 24 hours left.
You won't be able to make changes after Noon EST tomorrow.

Reminder that you can have up to THREE brackets.​

In, with 3 brackets. All absolutely 100% accurate. I will have 3 champions this year.

Are you sure you got all three in? I'm only seeing tlb1, but maybe it's just taking a while to show up?

I filled out three...even if only one is showing up, they are all winners. Guaranteed.

CJ is crushing it so far!

39EuZBQ.jpg

PPbVPzy.jpg

Lots of chalk so far guys. Shits gonna hit the fan this weekend tho! It's all gonna come down to who wins the last game, as far as whose bracket comes out on top.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.