• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzo slip-up at the methadone clinic...

Benzo-'Done Cuffs

Greenlighter
So I had actually quit the 3mg/day klonopin scrip(+Xanax on top) of everyday for 4 years cold turkey while going to the 'done clinic the whole time, I made it about 4 months before having a slip-up of 1mg of kpins 3 separate days, unprescribed. I tried to search specifics and ask at my clinic, but I'm wondering what the clinic will do if I get tested soon and come up positive for benzos? I've heard of possible dose drops, it would be my first benzo offense without a scrip... I live on the west coast U.S., any info, experiences or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I'm in the UK, but this has happened once. I feigned if ignorance and said I'd been taking a lot of valerian root. My doc said as long as it was only once, which it was, and it wasn't opiates, she wasn't worried.
Think it depends a lot on the doctor and your relationship with them.

It depends completely on your clinic’s policies.

^ This is the best answer. The staff at clinics expect people are going to slip up. Whether or not they penalize you and how they do it is up to their discretion. With that said, we try to stay away from the legalities and logistics of clinic's policies because we just can't give you an accurate answer. They will let you know soon enough if there is a problem so just be prepared and try your best not to use disallowed meds.

They won't take you off methadone but maybe suspend take homes, piss you more often or just counsel you but cutting you off is cruel, unless you've had problems following protocol/the program then they wouldn't do that.

Thx I think I'll be alright considering how much water I drink and not being tested last few days, appreciate the input

It will depend mostly upon your clinic's policy. They might be okay with it and give you a pass, but the typical practice is to immediately cut the Methadone dosage in half until a Benzodiazepine negative drug-test can be produced.

Depends on the clinic. Kpin sometimes won?t come up on a ua, depends on dose and person.

At my clinic in sf you would lose a take-home.

I haven?t come up clean for any of the 2 years I?ve been going.

Haven?t had any issues but I don?t get any takehomes.