• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ritalin snorting made me get panic attack or mini stroke wtf help me

noctrnaldrm

Greenlighter
I snorted 10 mg of methylphenidate(Ritalin IR) 3 hours ago and 10 mins after snorting, my heart gradually went to fast (from 100 to 160BPM) and I felt extreme hot(it was like extreme adrenaline) my hands and legs started shaking and I felt short of breath which made me think that I was going to die.(no chest pain was felt-)I ran to my room and immediately took 40 mg propranolol. I really don't exaggerate this, I felt the death. I don't know whether it was a mini-stroke or panic attack cause I have never got any panic attack during 18 years of my life and my family has no tendency to get a panic attack. Can somebody tell me what it was? Anyway, I feel better now(HR:60-80)and I don't feel any bad thing as to heart or breathing just feeling sleepy.

I have never experienced this with 10 mg but, I have snorted daily 20-60 mg of Ritalin since 15/02/2019, I haven't eaten enough food recently, I study too much like 12-15 hours daily(that's why I snort rit, I don't use for recreation), also I just sleep for 4-6 hours in a day. I think that the stroke or panic I experienced was a warning for me to stop using this drug and change my bad lifestyle. I have already thrown 2 packet of rits to trash
. Because day by day, I am not feeling like my heart and my mind doing well. Should I go doctor?

i take ritalin daily, 10mg, orally that is, for my ADHD, what your describing is somewhat reminiscent to what i get when snorting it, instead I got a really fast heart rate, along with pain in my left arm, shortness of breath, and overall feeling really jittery and panicy. Not good. But my friend can snort up to 10-20 pills in one go and feel amazing, nothing wrong with him, he actually loves it, but hes the type of guy to inject a barrel-full of heroin and still be like "yeah this is pretty good" so no surprises there. It sounds like ritalin just isnt for you, and on top of your unhealthy routine that you've described, it amplified the ritalins effect. Some of us just cant handle certain drugs, maybe stimulants/amphetamines are your kryptonite. Also I wouldnt recommend snorting ritalin daily. Thats just my opinion though.

We can't tell you whether this was a panic attack, stroke, or what. My bet is on the former but your next step should be to see a doctor, they'll be able to tell you if you're healthy. We can't diagnose you from over the internet. Stimulants like ritalin can cause people to become extremely anxious and obviously the heart rate increase is going to compound that fear.

Just stay calm, you are young, the body is good at healing itself, and you don't even know for sure if you did any damage. Definitely go see a doctor

I'm in the medical field and I can tell you it definitely WASN'T a stroke by any means. From what you are saying, I'm guessing it was probably a panic attack. Everything you describe fits that perfectly. Increased body temp, tachycardia, 'feeling' short of breath, tremors in the extremities, etc. One of the main side effects of stimulant-type medications is panic attacks.

If you’re so hell-bent on claiming your use is for functionality and not recreation, you really shouldn’t be snorting. You’d get much more utility out of oral ROA.

I'm in the medical field and I can tell you it definitely WASN'T a stroke by any means. From what you are saying, I'm guessing it was probably a panic attack. Everything you describe fits that perfectly. Increased body temp, tachycardia, 'feeling' short of breath, tremors in the extremities, etc. One of the main side effects of stimulant-type medications is panic attacks.

this

a stroke would have been severe and at the least left u confused and shit

i dont know many people who have a clear headed panicky stroke. its not how it happens

I snorted 10 mg of methylphenidate(Ritalin IR) 3 hours ago and 10 mins after snorting, my heart gradually went to fast (from 100 to 160BPM) and I felt extreme hot(it was like extreme adrenaline) my hands and legs started shaking and I felt short of breath which made me think that I was going to die.(no chest pain was felt-)I ran to my room and immediately took 40 mg propranolol. I really don't exaggerate this, I felt the death. I don't know whether it was a mini-stroke or panic attack cause I have never got any panic attack during 18 years of my life and my family has no tendency to get a panic attack. Can somebody tell me what it was? Anyway, I feel better now(HR:60-80)and I don't feel any bad thing as to heart or breathing just feeling sleepy.

I have never experienced this with 10 mg but, I have snorted daily 20-60 mg of Ritalin since 15/02/2019, I haven't eaten enough food recently, I study too much like 12-15 hours daily(that's why I snort rit, I don't use for recreation), also I just sleep for 4-6 hours in a day. I think that the stroke or panic I experienced was a warning for me to stop using this drug and change my bad lifestyle. I have already thrown 2 packet of rits to trash
. Because day by day, I am not feeling like my heart and my mind doing well. Should I go doctor?

The fact that you can type tells me you didn't have a stroke. Can you feel both sides of your face? Can you remember what you had for breakfast today? Can you feel a pencil tip running through your forearm? If you answered "yes" to all of these questions, then you didn't have a stroke. Unlike amphetamines and cocaine, methylphenidate usually doesen't increase blood pressure much even in overdose. It is possible to have a stroke from MP if you combine it with massive amounts od caffeine. Caffeine significantly increases the pressor effect of MP. But, even then, you'd have to take a ridiculous overdose, say snorting 100 mg after having eaten a gram of caffeine. Most likely, you are fine. I have taken MP in higher doses than this many times and never died. But MP is a pretty harsh drug on your liver, kidneys and cardiovascular system anyway. You can end up with serious complications in the long run. But, for the time being, you're fine. Just don't do stupid shit again.

Agreed, it was not any sort of stroke. It sounds like a panic attack based on what you wrote about the experience. You are able to talk, move, and type.

Yo guys I am fine. I am going to cardiology tomorrow. It has been 4 days since I quit using methylphenidate. Day by day I am getting OK, but sometimes I feel irregular, slow and fast heartbeats, increased adrenaline and anxiety for my heart, also feelin' tired and unfocused. (I think tiredness and unfoc are due to withdrawal)

Also, even a piece of cigarette or a cup coffee is increasing my heartbeat exceedingly (with respect to past)

Also, even a piece of cigarette or a cup coffee is increasing my heartbeat exceedingly (with respect to past)

Tell your cardiologist this, as well as how you snorted the Ritalin. You will not get into any sort of legal trouble. Good luck, what did the doctor say?

yo, guys, I got ECG, treadmill and Doppler test. Everything is fine, my heart is durable and works well (BP, rhythm, bpm, valve, and size are OK, healthy) (I think it was psychological cause I don't feel any palpitation or tachy after being checked up) He said that I got a panic attack. I told everything I did, the doc rebuked me vigorously not to do these shits again and long-term effects could be permanent as to psychological and physical status). I also gave a blood test for dizziness that I feel (everything was included in blood test from hormones to electrolyte). I will reveal blood tests tomorrow here.

yo, guys, I got ECG, treadmill and Doppler test. Everything is fine, my heart is durable and works well (BP, rhythm, bpm, valve, and size are OK, healthy) (I think it was psychological cause I don't feel any palpitation or tachy after being checked up) He said that I got a panic attack. I told everything I did, the doc rebuked me vigorously not to do these shits again and long-term effects could be permanent as to psychological and physical status). I also gave a blood test for dizziness that I feel (everything was included in blood test from hormones to electrolyte). I will reveal blood tests tomorrow here.

Im glad everything was fine. If you ever think you're having a stroke there is a acronym that we use in the medical field (its just a basic stroke assessment). Its called F.A.S.T.____ F--Facial drooping (smile and see if part of your face isnt symmetrical with the other side...'drooping'), A--Arm drift (hold both arms up and see if one drifts downward), S--Slurred speech (Repeat: "you can't teach an old dog new tricks), T--Time (call 911 or go to a hospital). Like I said, this is a very basic "test", but its pretty easy to do, so anyone can do it.

I have never experienced this with 10 mg but, I have snorted daily 20-60 mg of Ritalin since 15/02/2019, I haven't eaten enough food recently, I study too much like 12-15 hours daily(that's why I snort rit, I don't use for recreation), also I just sleep for 4-6 hours in a day. I think that the stroke or panic I experienced was a warning for me to stop using this drug and change my bad lifestyle. I have already thrown 2 packet of rits to trash. Because day by day, I am not feeling like my heart and my mind doing well. Should I go doctor?

Can be some sort of depersonalization too.

That can last a bit longer (few decades) than a typical panic attack. Panic brings it out.

Had it now for ten years or so. Panic triggers it, and DP triggers panick. Not nice. The word "death" describes it pretty "nicely".

I do methylphenidate, and when I do too much similar things happen. So, to me, this sounds like, yet another panic/DP episode. 120mg propranolol, 2mg xanax, hot shower, shitload of sugar, waiting one hour. Not so nice.

Methylphenidate did this to me a few times already, so, can relate to it. Depersonalization can be triggered by events like this, especially if childhood was abusive. DP is not nice. Can last days, weeks, months, years. Be on the safe side with DP. Don't push it. Really not nice. I have it "lucky", some are walking dead 24/7. I am only 10-25% of that.

I think its just hits harder and gives more worry and Anxiety while snorting ritalin.
Much better effects if taken as they suposed to and mabey cuse the drug abbuser is having carvings snort a llittle bit but defently Not full capps..

Hello guys, I haven't touched MP, AMP or any stims since posting this(March 14). Recovering from psychological side effects took longer than I expected, nearly 2 months. I am healthy now and not hooked. I don't regret having abused these substances because I understood that being hooked and abusing are not good things. It got me to true way. However, sometimes I miss that rush, but I harshly say to myself. Do not forget, an addict is still an addict, even if it has passed months or year since being clean. You have to hold the grip all the time.

You also could have had a droopy side of the face or body.
Yo guys I am fine. I am going to cardiology tomorrow. It has been 4 days since I quit using methylphenidate. Day by day I am getting OK, but sometimes I feel irregular, slow and fast heartbeats, increased adrenaline and anxiety for my heart, also feelin' tired and unfocused. (I think tiredness and unfoc are due to withdrawal)

I already read your check up answer, but you jacked your heart up. Feeling worn out and withdrawal causes you to be tired. This is pretty normal.

This is no good. Your using chemicals. Nicotine and caffeine are exactly what you do not want to use. They stimulate some of the same neurotransmitters you have over used . This would be a good time to take a break, IMO.