• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lower adderall tolerance?

macdeemily

Greenlighter
So I know this is posted everywhere and anywhere but I wanna be specific with my usage. I?ve been using adderall for around 3 months. Not daily. I?d take like 60-80mg once or twice a week. This last week I have taken 20-80 a few times I am not feeling it at all anymore. What is a way to feel it again as quick as possible? I saw microdosing but thankfully I did more research and that seems to permanently mess you up forever. How would dxm work? Would me just taking NyQuil for 2 nights be enough to fix this insane tolerance I developed?! I feel like I?m wasting my pills at this point. Is there an actual quick way to bring back any of the euphoria without taking a huge break?

No, there is no quick fix. Take a month off and when you start back up keep your doses as low as possible to stay effective. A tolerance break is the only way, higher dosing doesn't even fix this problem.

I'll second this. There is no way to lower an amp tolerance other than just good old time off. Long term exposure to high doses of amps are can have negative consequences for your dopamenergic neurons. While taking higher doses at first work, in the long run they will only offer negative effects.

When you decide to jump back on, there are ways to "potentiate" a smaller dose. With amps pH is everything. To remain most effective in absorption in the GI tract, you want amps to stay in it's base form. It is more lipid soluble in this sense. So by lowering the pH of your stomach before ingestion by taking antacids you can help it stay in the base form. Additionally, the more basic your urine, the slower it will be excreted from the kidneys to your urine. The difference in half life is quite astounding in low vs high pH. Certain foods will alter the pH of your urine. Most citrus fruit and dairy/cheese will lead to higher (basic) pH and meat, cranberries, prunes can lead to lower (acidic) pH. This list is not exhaustive and I'm sure you could find more with a google search.

Keep in mind a physiologically healthy body will regulate the pH else where pretty tightly. Stomach and urine pH are the ones we have some control over and even the stomach will quickly acidify when you take antacids.

Using amps for euphoria will never last forever. Potentiating will help for a bit, but it is not a permanent solution. Welcome to BL!

I won?t agree or disagree as to whether there?s a quick fix, but I?ll offer some tidbits.

Citicoline resensitizes dopamine neurons.

Mucuna pruriens is a rich source of l-dopa to replenish dopamine levels.

CBD oil, rhodiola roses, Maral root, and a high quality fish oil (like Carlson?s) are good to investigate.

Dissociative are also somewhat effective to potentiate stimulants - but be careful, especially if you use DXM.

I will say though, amphetamines are fucking intense. Even withdrawing from street speed was a nightmare - I can?t imagine pharmaceutical grade WD. I?ve been off amphetamine for almost 3 weeks now and I?m finally starting to feel normal, regain weight/muscle, have my hair thicken, and not need insane amounts of caffeine just to stay awake. Tread carefully with this drug.

It may also be worth noting that people use baking soda/tums to get more out of their speed. A basic pH increases absorption, inversely an acidic pH lowers it.

Also, the half life of speed varies from 9 to over 30 hours - try some liver supportive herbs, or NAC and Brazil nuts.

One more thing - people sometime spend a week taking a daily dose of speed that is below threshold effects. I don?t feel like finding the study, but it does something that dramatically and permanently increases your neuronal sensitivity to dopamine. This can be good or bad.