• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just taken 14 DHC's (420mg), will it feel like an Oxy dose?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I know this is an insane amount to take but ive got a 120mg daily Oxycodone tolerance. I've taken Fexofenadine and Chlorphenamine to prevent any histamine release. Will 420mg DHC feel like any sort of dose of Oxycodone like maybe 30mg or 60mg? Cheers guys.

I really hope you did a cold water extraction if those tablets had any APAP or a aspirin in them...

I really hope you did a cold water extraction if those tablets had any APAP or a aspirin in them...

No they only contain Dihydrocodeine in them, no APAP. So what do u think? Will I get any form of buzz out of them considering ive got a fairly large oxy tolerance?

No, there is a limit to how much DHC can be metabolized into more potent opiates which cause the euphoric effects, it will never feel as good or as strong as oxycodone unless you take a very long break from all opiates.

Usually weaker opiates, even at equivalent doses, will not feel as strong as stronger ones. I'm not saying you should dose higher but rather that you might not get satisfactory effects from dhc.

I'm sure you will get some decent effects but don't expect it to feel exactly like oxy.

If your tolerance to oxy is 120 mgs, i think that 420mgs dhc will at least keep the withdrawal at bay, an' if you're lucky enough you'll also catch a pleasant buzz. I nowadays have a huge tolerance to oxy, like never before. Before i had all this oxy prescribed/available (for legit reasons, fybro and other issues, including risk of relapsing in h, doctors understood that a legal prescription keeps me away from clandestine market, and in my country even tho opioids are looked upon like everywhere else, oxy's got very less stigma than in the US, at least for the moment) i relapsed often on smack. And when i were done with the smack, if my oxy dosage of the moment couldn't keep me well, i sometimes used to add small quantities of that blessing called dhc, ranging from 60 to 180 mg, and it cancelled all withdrawal or so. Sometimes, i also comboed the same dosage range with 20mgs methadone, and i felt quite well, at least for the physical aspect. I also used to read somewhere in internet that dihydrocodeine used to be an experimental option in Scotland for heroin detox. It were provided following a quick tapering scale, maybe patients were started from 4?5?600 mgs a day and in one month were tapered to zero. I guess (but i'm not sure) such option used to be intended for people detoxing for the first time, an attempt not to get them hooked on methadone or subs. I also used to read various experiences here, in drugs forum and in erowid, of persons that sought and find a reliable help in dhc for heroin/painkillers withdrawal (and for methadone tapering too, i think). Someone defined it like a "baby methadone". Some of us tend to love dhc, while others seem to dislike it. I can assure you that if you tend to like it and find the right dosage, it is an amazing substance. The first time i had it, i used to state that "dhc can be an opioid entheogen, the mushroom of the opies". Other people told me that i overrated it, that it was my personal experience/reaction, and maybe it were, but i can assure you that i'm not the only one to provide a good feedback to dhc. She's got her own magic, some understand it, some don't. Let us know how did you do.

Last edited:
420mg DHC is less than 120mg oxy, but you should get a buzz going. DHC has no real ceiling to it like with regular codeine, but taking more than 5-600mg can create side effects that aren't that pleasant. Hops you enjoy. I reckon you will