Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Heroin - Experienced - First experience with seriously strong H. [Feb 2019]

theavidityrar

Greenlighter
First want to explain, I am a long term sufferer of severe nerve damage/pain as well as other types of pain. Accordingly I have a list of meds that I take daily including: oramorph, pregabalin, fent patches, nortriptyline and other things too and have been on these for a good few years now (obviously with dosages rising due to tolerance!). I at least SEEM to be one of the lucky ones as I don't get withdrawal symptoms if I go a few days or a week without them, it just obviously causes my nerve pain and such to sky rocket which is always fun...

So I had been an idiot, tried some H before but it hadn't done much for me other than a fleeting bit of euphoria but nothing really amazing so had figured would try it once more then never again should nothing happen and gotten a small sample bag from a contact. As I understand the stigma of IV, plus I am in no way qualified to do so, and I detest smoking it had to be snorting like before. I said before had given me very little response despite what I figured were quite large lines.

Stupidly due to previous results I started with quite a large line, approximately 15-20mg of this 'china white' from a new supplier. Holy crap.

Timeline:
7pm - Hot shower so am ready for the chance of a decent time
8pm - Snort a single line of approximately 15-20mg, no burning it felt good/normal etc
8:15pm - Start a conversation with my mom, whilst watching Netflix.
8:30pm - Conversation still going on but suddenly I stop answering her at all. She tries to rouse me from sleep by yelling but no response, practically comatose.
8:35pm - My mom has called an ambulance, who advises her to get me onto the floor and start CPR as I appear to be not breathing (I am not a small person so this is not going to be possible from the position I am in)
8:50pm - Ambulance arrives, my mom has been doing what she can with regards to CPR and slapping my face (emergency caller suggested as such!).
9pm - I come around, with a paramedic in my face and oxygen mask on me. Totally unaware of wtf is going on or who they are. At which point they administer naloxone. I spend the next 30-40 minutes coming round and vomiting a LOT. ECG is done etc etc
10pm - I agree to attend the ER but they perform no new tests just monitor me. Discussion of whether I tried to OD and kill myself (which I did not, it was just idiocy!)
3am - discharged to home for bed rest.

-----------

Now that was NOT a great trip, the euphoria was intense and genuinely better than anything I have ever felt; that being said it was not worth the fact I basically OD'd like an absolute idiot!
What I am hoping someone takes from this trip report is:

START SMALL AND WORK UP, DO NOT ASSUME YOU ARE SUPERMAN/SUPERWOMAN

With that being said, if you are careful and start small working up to your level, plan to trip with a sober partner and know the stuff you are using (testing strips etc) then no reason you cannot have a good time. Education and learning is so much better if done before almost dying from an OD due to idiocy!

Enjoy all!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_heroin
substancecode_opiates
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_healthissues
exptype_disaster
exptype_overdose
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems likely to have been cut with fentanyl if it's THAT strong. Perhaps it even is a fentanyl analogue powder sent either by mistake or on purpose. Fentanyl is very commonly laced into heroin these days and it has caused a lot of deaths. Glad you're okay.

That is what had crossed my mind. I am no slouch when it comes to opiates but I would not have considered a small 15-20mg line able to almost kill me. Still, lesson learned. Never again.

That?s fentanyl without a doubt based on the sounds of it. Real China white is very very rare these days, and the purest is usually an off white/beige colored rocks.

Pure heroin can OD people at that dosage too, but again the chances you came across pure real China white your second time purchasing heroin is like winning the powerball. I?m not sure much heroin even comes from China these days to be fair.

-GC

That is what had crossed my mind. I am no slouch when it comes to opiates but I would not have considered a small 15-20mg line able to almost kill me. Still, lesson learned. Never again.

Ultimately you're lucky. You had a terrifying experience your second time that turned you off to it. So many people have great experiences, and do it again, and again, and more and more often, until it's the only thing they care about suddenly, and ruin their lives. It happened to me except fortunately I managed to get out after 10 years. Opiates are so insidious. No one ever thinks they'll get addicted, and you don't even realize it's happening until you're in it.

With all the prescription meds you're on, you basically have an obscene tolerance compared to most people. I'm actually surprised you OD'd. Someone else probably would've died.

What is your daily med regime like? What mgs, mcg's? I used to have a very, very high tolerance. 5 80mg OxyContin a day, which went to 300mg of MS Contin a day, #120 Fioricet a month, #90 1mg Xanax w/ 2 refills a month.

Then I added IV heroin to that. 14-21 bags a day (a gram to a gram and a half) a day. I didn't worry about Od'ing.

I asked what you take a day (and for how long), because it's incredulous that you never experience withdrawal. Being able to go a week, without meds and not experiencing withdrawal makes you a medical miracle to me lol.

I'm on Subutex now and Neurontin. Some Lyrica. Im still using 2x/month, which I'm working on stopping. You really don't want to play around w dope.

It can creep up on you. It's almost shocking to me that I developed an opiate dependence a d ended up IV'ing heroin. I would barely even take Ibuprofen, and hated pills, etc. Chronic pain and unaddressed anxiety and panic attacks won in the end. I'm glad my life us no longer like that, aside from the maddening slips. Take care avid.

I've gone out a few times testing people's heroin for fentanyl over the last year. It depends a little bit where you are in the country, but most places and most nights between 80-100% of people's heroin tested positive for fentanyl. Friends doing street harm reduction basically tell people that they're using fentanyl not heroin anymore, to just assume it's fentanyl and use appropriately because it almost always is. The question isn't *if* it's fentanyl, but *how much* fentanyl.

Test, go slow, carry naloxone, never use alone. Also, give naloxone before CPR -- fentanyl and analogs can cause extreme chest muscle rigidity, rendering CPR less effective.

Sounds like it was cut with some fentanyl. Im glad you're okay though! Sounds scary! 15-20mg of Heroin (assuming its not cut with anything) isn't that big of a dose, even with people who have no tolerance at all. Since you have some sort of tolerance, it should have NOT done that to you. Either fentanyl or a fentanyl analog was put in there, im guessing.

I don't even take opiates anymore (street, not pharma) without having at least 20mg of Narcan with me (because there are some CRAZY STRONG analogs out there). If I even think I'm going to OD, Ill just IM myself with it. One time I was on the verge and it saved me.

Glad you're okay.

^^^Depends on the purity. The dosage of pure heroin for someone with zero tolerance is 5-15mg. That?s why it?s dangerous when pure even when fentanyl isn?t involved.

@Pfaffed - I actually really appreciate your post cuz lately I?ve been fiending do to heroin again after not touching it in over 10yrs. The only thing keeping me clean is knowing I can?t get the good pure shit I did in years past. Lately the cravings have been extra bad, I just need that reminder that dope ain?t what it used to be..

-GC

That?s fentanyl without a doubt based on the sounds of it. Real China white is very very rare these days, and the purest is usually an off white/beige colored rocks.

Pure heroin can OD people at that dosage too, but again the chances you came across pure real China white your second time purchasing heroin is like winning the powerball. I?m not sure much heroin even comes from China these days to be fair.

-GC

China white doesn't come from China lol but from Thailand. I used heroin for most of the 90s (in Australia) and that's all that was ever available here.

I narcaned my husband...twice. A day ago. It was scary af. I couldn't believe he didn't come to after one (4mg) ampule. The stuff out there is STRONG.

I don't use without having Narcane. It's a must nowadays. Like another poster said, it's not if it's fentynal, it's how much and how strong. Be safe.

China white hasn’t come from China since like 70’s I’m sure.. But I’m just using the name by which the OP and others are familiar with.

When I used heroin in the 00’s it was dope from the Middle East..

-GC

Deffo laced with fent and you were unlucky enough to get a 'hot spot'. Glad you're ok.
So many people have experiences like yours and say never again, but 10 years later they're still in a habit.
I genuinely hope you mean it.