• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

So DBZP is active after all?

Pomzazed

Bluelighter
It is known that Dibenzylpiperazine is a common impurity in illicit street piperazine as disubstitution is lokely to occur even in controlled synthesis. It is widely percieved that DBZP is inactive, however from this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29909719

It indicates that this thing is also active, it?s not surprising to me tho, as methylbenzylpiperazine is also active albeit having a lower activity.

Piperazine stimulant (benzyl type, not phenyl type) seems to overlay well with cocaine and methylphenidates and should follow their SARs and not phenethylamine?s.

Anyone know if N-desmethyl-N-benzylcocaine analog or N-benzylmethylphenidate is active?

If it really follows the SAR of cocaine, what about N-benzoyl-N'-methylpiperazine? Is that amide group twisted the wrong way?

I find that claim confusing, though, because in cocaine the arene is far from the nitrogen, but then again cocaine only has one nitrogen, and I guess BZP should have a higher pKa at the distal nitrogen (pKa of 9.32 for benzylamine vs. 10.75 for triethylamine).