• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New old timer

TSE__

Greenlighter
Hey y'all.

This isn't my very first time here, but it was over 10 years ago now & I only made a handful of posts anyway. Can't even remember what my username was.

Sooo then. Hi. How y'doing? That's great/Sorry to hear that.

Me? Oh, you don't want to hear about silly old me. You do? Honestly? Well.... alright then, if you insist:

I consider myself pretty clued up on most substances, but also about the limitations of my own knowledge, having been an active poster on a significant UK drugs forum for a long time. I've direct experience with this'n'that, and have had almost universally enjoyable experiences by paying attention to the right things, doing my research, a positive set & setting, etc.

I don't drink, and haven't for a long time, having found my way into recovery from chronic, abject and debilitating alcoholism. Funnily enough, I've never had any real problems with anything else - although I've steered clear of smack and crack fortunately. Weed is my only regular, everything else is for treats.

And treats I've certainly had today �� After a gap of probably about 12 years, the opportunity to get some decent Es presented itself. I'm not doing anything until Thursday, so I've spent this particular Tuesday afternoon listening to trance, making l'il zoots and going outside to smoke them, trying to work out how many fucking layers of clothing I ought to be wearing, texting loved ones whilst trying not to sound weirdly gushy suddenly, and now mellowing out in the dark with blue fairy lights on, writing this.

And, truth be told, it's all been fucking marvellous. Even the bit where I puked when I was smoking outside.

Okay, not so much that bit ����

I'm also a practicing non-denominational Christian, a Taoist, was trained as a hedge witch, and a raving leftie. I have no doubt I irritate the hell out some people inadvertently, but I do my level best not to upset people unnecessarily. And I believe that as a rule most other people are good too, trying to figure out the 'right' way forward, for them.

Right, time for a smoke. That was far too much concentrating than I want to be doing right now lol...

Last edited:
Very interesting intro TSE__ - welcome to Bluelight once more :)

I agree that most people are "good", and on a search for what moves them. Different paths winding toward what one deems "enlightenment". Even in the cruel and wicked it is likely a desperate cry for help - A wrong turn taken, but a turn nonetheless - moving toward their final destination. Might not be the most morally conscious way of expressing one's self, but it is expression either way. I think love is in everyone's capacity, and it quite literally can turn a beast into a sensitive soul.

Well that's enough from me. Enjoy the rest of your week, and congrats on the 12 years!

Now, enjoy yourself ;p

Hey TSE, welcome to Bluelight.

It takes all kinds to make up a world, and all of them are welcome here. I think you'll find yourself quite at home here, so just find a sub forum that interests you and start writing.

Hope to read more of your posts in the future ;)

Welcome back to Bluelight mate. :)

For raving lefties, our current events and politics forums is the place to be %)

Checked back wondering if anyone would have responded, or if I was just chatting away into the void...

... and a handful of friendly, welcoming and genuine/thoughtful (as opposed to just a *standard* welcome) replies were here waiting for me. Cool. :) And thanks.

So then, current events and politics when I want to let vent my inner communist.

How's about deep and meaningful thought, without being called out too harshly for not really thinking anything through? %)

And... talking absolute and utter bollocks without anyone including the mods getting upset? =D

Any big threads about serious chat about addiction/problematic drug/alcohol use? I'm always happy to give anyone the benefit of my experience managing to quit drink - though I'm only a little over a year dry, so that's as much wisdom as I can offer... All good so far though %)

Peace
<><