European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Can't Pay We'll Take it Away

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I've stumbled across this dumb UK show on youtube, it appeared in my playlist as a recommended footage and I continued watching it. It's about some high court enforcement agents, we don't have bailiffs here so it made me pretty curious, but damn some people are so dumb and sketchy when lying that they are not the person that owes the money.

or look here at minute 18 how this guy who has a small weed growing operation evades the bailiffs on some dumb ass excuses.

I'm thinking that 90% of the show is fake, maybe some repossessions are real. What can you guys from the UK tell me about this institute of enforcement?

I don't watch TV either or own one since I sold my ps4.

but I wanted to know if there in the UK debts can be enforced this way. here in Romania if you owe money, you resolve it in the court and you have to pay somehow but we don't have agents that seize assets.

in some situations the banks can take your flat,house or car but other than that not really much. in some of these episodes they tried to intimidate the people by removing the restaurant's kitchen machinery, sofas, tables etc and TVs, sofas and a telephone boot from a hotel etc.

the job seems real and the guys seem genuine ( they may act for the camera, but the two old ones seem good willed ), only the guys that owe the money seem to complicate the situation as they don't understand that the money does not go directly to the claimant and they can still dispute and contest the money.

One of my guilty TV loves, I agree with the OP the people are shady as fuck when they try to lie about their debts.
One reason why I default on payments & tell banks to go to hell is because if they sent a high court bailiff to my flat the most they could take was a roll of foil or my pipes & nobody would want to put those up for public auction.

It's all true, if the door isn't locked or a window is open they are in and take stuff. It gets sold in what are supposed to be public auctions [but nobody knows where or when] for peanuts

^ These so called public auctions are only known to certain people and they never tell others because of the absolute steals they get. I happen to have found one local to me, but only because my storage unit is exactly opposite. I've had a few bargains from there lately!

Some debt I do feel for, but taking out shit loads of credit and then not paying it, you've only yourself to blame. One thing I don't understand though, is to declare yourself bankrupt, it costs about 6/700 pound, surely if you've got that amount of cash to stump up, it could have gone towards paying something back, but if someone is genuinely broke, how can they afford to declare themselves as bankrupt? Seems counterproductive.

I hate the show my gran used to worship it the idea of seeing felt collectors fleece someone who isn't you i can see the appeal but nah boring

It's worth pointing out that only County or High Court bailiffs have right of entry. The bully boys employed by debt collection agencies do not and you are totally within your rights to tell them to fuck off.

They once visited a credit card company over a debt of 18k, that's one of the rare occasions you agree with bailiffs.

Also, they can't seize anything that's a tool of your trade -- the idea of not depriving a person of the means to earn the money to pay off a debt predates the Magna Carta.

Also, they can't seize anything that's a tool of your trade -- the idea of not depriving a person of the means to earn the money to pay off a debt predates the Magna Carta.

so if you had to use a van for your job they cannot take it from you?
That bit of info will sure be of use to someone I know who has these pirates on him atm sadly.

if the bussiness is on your name and the debt and bussiness are precised on the writ I think they can put you out of bussiness, because in one episode there was a printing company and they wanted to seize theirs assets and on other ocassion they wanted to empty an entire hotel for a 8k debt.

I?ve watched a few of these shows and it?s mad. If they confirm that the person who owes the debt is living in the house they are at, they can take whatever they want. So if I owe ?2k and am living with a friend, they can take my friends belongings unless they have kept the receipts.

they can take anything - tools inc if they are worth more than ?1350 (i ythink may be 1250 but around that figure)

I?ve watched a few of these shows and it?s mad. If they confirm that the person who owes the debt is living in the house they are at, they can take whatever they want. So if I owe ?2k and am living with a friend, they can take my friends belongings unless they have kept the receipts.

Reciept's would help him hang onto his stuff, but ultimately if it is not yours they cannot take it provided he signs an affidavit claiming as such. If everyone was potentially liable for any financial problems facing their co - habitants then there would be no limit to what enforcement officers could take in any given circumstance, which is not the case despite the amount of instances during which they overstep their boundaries.

I would like to see them get past my grandma even the police dont mess with that crazy bitch

I would like to see them get past my grandma even the police dont mess with that crazy bitch

This.

I've met some crazy cunts in my life but pete's grandma is all kinds of crazy. Even her nightmares are scared of her..... never known a woman who rolls her own tampons while eating a broken glass sandwhich

Fucking legend

^ oh my god :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I want kingofwessex as my uncle, I'll find you an aunt to fuck just give me some time

Holy fuck! I forgot this show existed. Infuriates me like nothing else. Thanks...

When watching those episodes, every now and then some lady narrator talks about financial & real estate statistics etc.
She's usually saying something or rather about "Property", only her strong pommy accent sounds like Pro-Pa-Tea...not unlike Cup-o-Tea lol lol
ooh ahh ooh I luv ma Pro-Pa-Tea...time for ma Cup-o-Tea :ROFLMAO:

Love the poms....funniest people in the world.