• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Delayed rush??

spracktwackular

Greenlighter
Okay so I just returned to the world of freedom and easy access to dope, works, everything. I've done four shots since I got out - they've all been clear - and on a couple of them it took longer for the rush to hit me than it used to. This last one I just did didn't bring the burning at the back of my throat (and a cough, holy shit never thought that'd happen again) until 10-15 minutes after I finished the shot. Not complaining, but i know myself and if I dont get as high as i think i should have immediately I'll wanna push more. I'd rather not do more than i can handle though. Thoughts?

Hows the quality of it? Are you on any new medications? new diet? recent medical problems? etc. etc.

Quality seems to have gotten better since my hiatus but perhaps that's just the tolerance break speaking. No new medications or medical problems. The diet change I suppose occurred from getting out of gaol, though I did also go through quite the altitude change when I moved up into the mountains. You think maybe that has something to do with it? I've noticed I also need to shoot less now that I'm at a higher elevation.

Quality seems to have gotten better since my hiatus but perhaps that's just the tolerance break speaking. No new medications or medical problems. The diet change I suppose occurred from getting out of gaol, though I did also go through quite the altitude change when I moved up into the mountains. You think maybe that has something to do with it? I've noticed I also need to shoot less now that I'm at a higher elevation.

That could be a possibility. Im a Firefighter/Paramedic and I know our Flight Medics have to learn different dosages and other stuff for medications because of the higher altitude (since they obviously fly lol). The pharmacokinetics changes when you're higher up in altitude. (Just in case you dont know what pharmacokinetics means, ill leave a definition).

--- Its the study of the movement of drugs and their metabolites through the body from absorption to excretion. (Basically, what the body does to the drug)

Ill give you a quick story. I had to ride in on a helicopter one time because the patient was in extremely bad condition (and the guys needed help), the medications we gave the patient did SEEM to take a lot longer to take effect for some reason. Was that because of the higher altitude, possibly?...I dont know... But when im on the ground, they usually take effect MUCH QUICKER. So maybe thats why you dont get the effects right way, like you use too.

This might or might not be the reason, im just throwin idea's out there brotha.

Hey there Sprac, I can see that you're fairly new to the community, so I'm gonna fill you in on some of our policies and philosophy. If you want the short answer, the nature of your rush in not our concern. We are here to help adults who have chosen to use drugs do so safely. I can only assume that you're talking about Methamphetamine based upon the cough/burn in the throat thing. I've never shot Meth, but I've talked to enough folks who have.

You are using a drug that by its very nature chips away at your sanity the more you take. By definition, Methamphetamine, in the best of circumstances, will dramatically change your mood, thought process and sensory input (voices, knock on the door, someone in the walls). I'm not saying you've done this, but you should be aware that when something that you consider out of the ordinary when you're using Methamphetamine, you should consider the fact that you're high and that you might potentially be over-reacting.

That being said, yea, we don't actually help people get high. If they wanna get high and they're worried about their safety, that's like the bat signal man. The reason I and most of the other mods do this, is because we want to keep people alive. We have compassion for users. With this in mind, I think you can see why a rush from and injection is not a huge priority.

You've done nothing wrong man, I'm just trying to explain the rules. I'm not gonna sit here and say policy is written in stone. A lot of what we do is based on our subjective opinion of the situation, but we do our best to stay aligned in philosophy. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to hit me up.

Okay so I just returned to the world of freedom and easy access to dope, works, everything. I've done four shots since I got out - they've all been clear - and on a couple of them it took longer for the rush to hit me than it used to. This last one I just did didn't bring the burning at the back of my throat (and a cough, holy shit never thought that'd happen again) until 10-15 minutes after I finished the shot. Not complaining, but i know myself and if I dont get as high as i think i should have immediately I'll wanna push more. I'd rather not do more than i can handle though. Thoughts?

The effects of meth (iv or otherwise) seem to be very different when your tolerant vs no tolerance.

I?ve noticed a fairly long onset for meth iv compared to say h. But 10-15 mins does not sound right.

My best guess is that you accidentally cut off your circulation (eg you did the shot into your hand and then sat on it and cut off the circulation). Or you missed your shot but it got absorbed IM.

The only other thing I can think of is that most of the rush when you are fully addicted actually comes from the anticipation of the drug?s effects rather than the drugs effects themselves (I only have scattered meth experiences but when fully addicted to h, I always felt best when I had money in my pocket and drugs ready to use, Moreso than when I was actually high)