• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hello, im currently a student with a problem

Nicholasleeking

Greenlighter
So I registered here :)

Im currently a recovering heroin addict and I havn't used for about 2 and half years (October 15, 2016 was my last time). But I am still on suboxone.

I am originally from Seattle, Washington but I now live in Laramie, WY because I am attending University of Wyoming.

For a while now I have been attempting to taper off suboxone, been steadily at around 1.5MG each day for at least a year and a half or so now. But im down to my very last piece, which for the last few days have already been much smaller than normal (I typically would break an 8mg tablet into 5-6 pieces). The last few days have been rough, and im worried about school for the time being.

anybody have any suggestions for me?

Hi Nicholas, I;m moving your post to a place where you will get better answers. If you want you can also start a "Hello" thread in New Members, but this place should get you some solutions much faster than NMI. You've got this ;) Keep us informed of how you're doing.

W R

Honestly my advice is brace yourself it's a rough kick. If there is anyway to get more I would because unless your tough as nails being productive will be near impossible. It's a long drawn out withdrawal. For me it peaked around day 10-14 then gradually became less intense. I didn't really feel better until day 20. But the insomnia lingered intil I relapsed on day 31. That was from roughly 2mg a day.

If your going to do it all you can do is get comfort meds and hold on. Benzos would be number 1 choice. Lyrica, clonidine, gabapentin, Advil, low dose dxm and Tylenol, Advil. Weed.

The best way to get off is too taper down to .1mg. if that's possible I strongly recommend it. That kick I had was brutal. I honest to God didn't sleep more then 30 minutes a night for 16 days. It will get bad once the half life wears off 3-4 days after last dose.

I'm sorry for being negative it's just if your already feeling bad before taking the last dose it's going to be ugly when the half-life runs out

It is quite rough but I got through it. And I didn’t think I could. I felt terrible for at least a whole year.

Just keep looking onwards and like cj said, brace yourself. I personally did it gradually then cold turkey and had a few set backs but regardless, I kept my eyes on the prize. Some advice is to be forgiving to yourself, don't beat yourself up if you feel that at that moment you can't decrease. Frankly, it is preferred that you take your time and make it as smooth as possible rather than making it a mental/physical self torture period. Just keep looking forward.

Gotcha WhiteRose, thank you.

Thanks guys. So I am actually going back to Seattle on Spring break in about a week, Ill probably end up trying to get more when im there.

Since I was down to my last half tablet or so, I was really breaking them down as much as possible. I have one more tiny piece left after today, its either the 8th or 9th piece of it so far. I still feel good, but last night was really difficult to fall asleep. I actually had taken two ibuprofen tablets, 150mg of benadryl and two tablespoons of nyquil. It really made me drowzy/ almost tipsy feeling, but then I had a restless, akathasia type feeling in my chest that was making it hard to fall asleep. Im not sure if that was because of withdrawal or combination of the medications I took.

With the half life being so long, do you guys think if I take my last piece tomorrow, ill feel okay until I get home a week from today? Unfortunately, being out here in Laramie, Wyoming pretty much makes it impossible for me to try and find any more. I may call my old doctor in Seattle who may be able to help.

Is anyone here from Denver?

A week? Probably not. You'll start feeling bad by day 3 full blown withdrawal by day 5 at the latest. Immodium can help stave some of the symptoms off in like 10-20mg doses

A week? Probably not. You'll start feeling bad by day 3 full blown withdrawal by day 5 at the latest. Immodium can help stave some of the symptoms off in like 10-20mg doses

ok what is immodium? ive never heard of it, where can I get some?

It's an OTC anti-diarrheal that's a weak mu opioid receptor agonist. You can find it at any pharmacy. Loperamide is the generic name.

If I was you I'd try to get at least down to .1mg. I myself am down to .06 and can feel wds every time I go down .01mg. I personally wouldn't make it jumping from 1-2mg.

Can you get any of these withdrawal aids?
https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/862934-Big-Ol-Collection-of-Opiate-Withdrawal-Aids
gabapentin in particular could be your best friend. But i dont want to have to write a bunch of stuff twice, so pls check out that thread

oh, and worst case, if your gas stations and headshops are anything like the ones in NY and NC, theyll sell little, overpriced, like 5-hour-energy-looking bottles called things like "sleepwalkers" and other dumb shit, that contain phenibut, which will help you a lot. They take about 2 hours to kick in and you'll probably want between 1.5 and 2.5G of phenibut, depending on weight and sensitivity, which might be 2-5 of those freaking like $6 bottles, but they'll work for a good 24 hours solid. Also, they will likely not actually list "phenibut" on the side of the bottle. It'll say something like "4-Amino-3-Phenylbutyric Acid", "Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric acid", "Beta-Phenyl-GABA", "Fenibut", or "Phenyl-GABA". You probably get the picture.

It will erase much, or possibly most, of the w/d your looking at. but in the meantime, if you can't get gabapentin, you can order phenibut for as little as $25 for 100g online legally. so the outrageously expensive mini drinks would only be needed for 2 days while the cheaper one is on its way.

Be very aware tho, that phenibut is known to be quite addictive if not used within certain guidelines. Both my mother and myself have never had trouble using it for up to 5 days, or even 7 or 8 days for myself. But then a break of at least 3 days is necessary or else your taking a big risk of dependence. I have had no problem using 2g doses for 8 days, then tapering down 1/4g a day down to none with no problem, and with the protracted nature of sub withdrawal, you might need the extra time. Please be aware tho, that i am not saying that you won't experience any w/d effects from using it for the 16 days(including taper) mentioned above. I'm saying that I didn't. On the outside chance that you did get a little w/d from 2 weeks + of phen with taper, it would almost definitely be quite minor and consist of a little extra sweating, mild anxiety, and possibly a little insomnia. Tho i'd be surprised if you even got that. It's certainly better than the sub w/d, even at 1mg/day. Just don't trade addictions.

Last edited:
Can you get any of these withdrawal aids?
https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/862934-Big-Ol-Collection-of-Opiate-Withdrawal-Aids
gabapentin in particular could be your best friend. But i dont want to have to write a bunch of stuff twice, so pls check out that thread

oh, and worst case, if your gas stations and headshops are anything like the ones in NY and NC, theyll sell little, overpriced, like 5-hour-energy-looking bottles called things like "sleepwalkers" and other dumb shit, that contain phenibut, which will help you a lot. They take about 2 hours to kick in and you'll probably want between 1.5 and 2.5G of phenibut, depending on weight and sensitivity, which might be 2-5 of those freaking like $6 bottles, but they'll work for a good 24 hours solid. Also, they will likely not actually list "phenibut" on the side of the bottle. It'll say something like "4-Amino-3-Phenylbutyric Acid", "Beta-Phenyl-Gamma-Aminobutyric acid", "Beta-Phenyl-GABA", "Fenibut", or "Phenyl-GABA". You probably get the picture.

It will erase much, or possibly most, of the w/d your looking at. but in the meantime, if you can't get gabapentin, you can order phenibut for as little as $25 for 100g online legally. so the outrageously expensive mini drinks would only be needed for 2 days while the cheaper one is on its way.

Be very aware tho, that phenibut is known to be quite addictive if not used within certain guidelines. Both my mother and myself have never had trouble using it for up to 5 days, or even 7 or 8 days for myself. But then a break of at least 3 days is necessary or else your taking a big risk of dependence. I have had no problem using 2g doses for 8 days, then tapering down 1/4g a day down to none with no problem, and with the protracted nature of sub withdrawal, you might need the extra time. Please be aware tho, that i am not saying that you won't experience any w/d effects from using it for the 16 days(including taper) mentioned above. I'm saying that I didn't. On the outside chance that you did get a little w/d from 2 weeks + of phen with taper, it would almost definitely be quite minor and consist of a little extra sweating, mild anxiety, and possibly a little insomnia. Tho i'd be surprised if you even got that. It's certainly better than the sub w/d, even at 1mg/day. Just don't trade addictions.

I just got some loperamide, its my 2nd day completely sober. I just drank it about an hour ago, and Ive been smoking alot of weed, which certainly helps.

What bothers me most is the restlessness and boredom/combined with not being able to sleep at times.

Thanks so much for all the postings everyone, I really appreciate it. Ive learned here that in Wyoming, and in Laramie, I imagine that the head shops aren't anything like what would be in your neck of the woods. its sort of a bummer being out here in a smaller college town, certain resources just aren't in the same availability as the would be in, say, Seattle. Where im from, lol. That and we just had a historic blizzard, school was actually canceled two days in a row which hasnt happened in years and years. So it was really cold and I couldnt go anywhere.

theres a small head shop just a couple blocks from my house, so ill walk over there as soon as I feel up for it and report back.

Kratom might help you too. It came to mind because you mentioned a headshop. From what I've heard they sell it there.

It seems Kratom is a 50/50 thing in regards to helping withdrawal. Some swear by it. It didn't work for me. But it may for you. You're in a tight spot ATM. You just have to make it until you get back home.

I'd definitely slow your taper down and get as lie as possible. Good luck. Hope you come back to update us!