• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Codeine Normal Relationship

Bigfp

Greenlighter
i discovered codeine many years ago - I had access to 30/500 tabs and would occasionally take one dose of this. I have aspergers and found that codeine helped any social inhibitions I had - it made me feel ?normal? or what I felt was normal.

In April 2016 I bought a first bottle of codeine Linctus and there started a downfall. I would have a 30/500 and top up with a bit of Linctus on a Friday, Sunday and Monday. Slowly I would buy more and more bottles of the Linctus and then that got a little more difficult so I discovered nurofen plus and the weekend romance became a daily problem.

Then I managed to get some codeine 30mgs prescribed and this added to the problem.

Doses have been as high as 600mg but from reading up I read the ceiling was 450 or so and so I came down a bit. Daily amounts varied and I could take a lower amount around 250 but would feel worse for it the day after.

For a while I wanted to quit and managed 5 days in August 2018 then had about 120mg for three days then 5 days off again but the cycle started again as often it does!

Anyway a couple of weeks ago I decided to go for it again - and I am now 14 day?s since my last dose...

The 4th day was the worst for those initial withdrawals - I had to leave work early otherwise I feel I did quite well to stay at work - it?s an office job.

Now I?m pretty sure I?m in PAWS - I can get to sleep no problem but keep waking early and feel generally exhausted by 3pm but I?m sure that?ll pass. I am getting the odd craving but at the moment seem to stop myself from reaching for anymore at the moment.

I am able to exercise which definitely helps release those endorphins and starts to get those chemicals back to normal!

My question is whether you can get back to a normal relationship with codeine having had a bad one. Take it for genuine moderate pain. Would this cause withdrawal again at one dose. I appreciate it would be easy to fall back into the trap by taking one dose but just wondered on anyone else?s experience.