• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Favorite Way To Consume THC?

S-Dog

Bluelighter
I pretty much only smoke bud. I've tried edibles and they're too unpredictable for me. I've also tried wax but all it did was make me sleepy and car-sick. i've never tried a dab rig.

What are your favorite ways and do you guys have any suggestions for me to branch out?

I am a proud flower smoker - joints.

It's how i started, and how i will end.

Although i could do without the "stoney" feeling you get from smoking flower unfiltered, it's just wicked convenient and for whatever reason i have a fixation on joints. Because i smoke cigarettes too and enjoy rolling up joints, i find it very personal. :)

I am a proud flower smoker - joints.

joints are one thing i had a problem with for a long time. it was too harsh for me and i can't role them for shit. the last "joint" i smoked i made by emptying out a Hemp-ette (a pre-made CDB cigarette) and packing it with my weed. It has a filter in it and i twisted the top shut so it wasn't even that big but i smoked the whole thing by myself... I was the kind of high where even though you know you can't OD on weed... you're still convinced you're about to die and need to go to the hospitable. it was WAY too much for me lol... though i think i might need to try that again :p

though i think i might need to try that again :p

There are less labor intensive options that get you cleaner head highs.

Unfiltered flower does the trick before bed.

It's all so different - smoking techniques, strains, body chemistry..

Just, don't go to hospital :)

i personally think ROA is not as important as the strain and and potency of the MJ you consuming but with that said i also like a joint as that first hit always gives you the flavor and aroma of the MJ but resonantly i smoke through a dry bud vape pen that gave you the taste and aroma of the MJ you smoking in full and i loved it for that purpose alone but as for affect that depends..

Flower in a quality dry herb vape. Usually Mighty or Grasshopper. Had to stop the smoking. Too much tobacco.

You know one of these days someone will turn me on to vaping the herb to where I will say yeah that's good. Then again I only tried the MFLB, that portable vaporize but I feel it wastes the weed. I know a real aficionado will make me change my mind with maybe a different type of vaporizer or even technique.

Vape pens with oil are good too. It took me a bit to dial in but it works great.

Smoking bud is my favorite. It gets me the highest as far as inhaling.

Edibles are a different type of drug to me. Most I can't feel or if I do it is so strong I get too sleepy.

You know one of these days someone will turn me on to vaping the herb to where I will say yeah that's good. Then again I only tried the MFLB, that portable vaporize but I feel it wastes the weed. I know a real aficionado will make me change my mind with maybe a different type of vaporizer or even technique.

Vape pens with oil are good too. It took me a bit to dial in but it works great.

Smoking bud is my favorite. It gets me the highest as far as inhaling.

Edibles are a different type of drug to me. Most I can't feel or if I do it is so strong I get too sleepy.

PAX3 changed my consumption completely.

I went from an an ounce a month/a gram a day to a gram lasting 2-4 days. It's fucking amazing, and I find myself getting way higher off of .2g in the vaporizer for 10 minutes than I ever have off a ~1g joint. Some people say the high is less intense but I've found it perfect for what I want out of my weed.

The only downside I've noticed is that the vapor tends to dry the hell out of my throat and sinuses. Throw in all the beer I drink and sometimes I feel like a bone-dry skeleton after hitting my vape. I also have to clean it weekly, but that's actually super easy to do-- just need some isopropyl, Q-tips and pipe cleaners, and the cleaning tool that comes with the vaporizer (just to knock the metal screen out when cleaning.)

I make edibles for me to consume daily, love the long duration and the trippy aspects of the high. But I always save one big bud in this jar I have to smoke out of the bong if I feel inclined. But I definetly prefer to eat the weed these days, helps with pain more that way as well.

Cannabis is a must have for me everyday, im terribly addicted to it psychologically. There is worse habits out there tho and it helps me to take less opioids.

I've got a Vape pen I use once in awhile also. It's great for when I'm out and about or around people I don't wanna know I use herb. I'll take a few pulls in the bathroom or somewhere else on the DL and be good for hours.

I make edibles for me to consume daily, love the long duration and the trippy aspects of the high. But I always save one big bud in this jar I have to smoke out of the bong if I feel inclined. But I definetly prefer to eat the weed these days, helps with pain more that way as well.

Cannabis is a must have for me everyday, im terribly addicted to it psychologically. There is worse habits out there tho and it helps me to take less opioids.

I've got a Vape pen I use once in awhile also. It's great for when I'm out and about or around people I don't wanna know I use herb. I'll take a few pulls in the bathroom or somewhere else on the DL and be good for hours.

how much do you take in a dose when you eat edibles? i've never had great experiences with them. for me they always seem to do too much or nothing at all. People also say the high is different but i didn't find that personally. I guess it lasted longer but it still felt like weed to me.

how much do you take in a dose when you eat edibles? i've never had great experiences with them. for me they always seem to do too much or nothing at all. People also say the high is different but i didn't find that personally. I guess it lasted longer but it still felt like weed to me.

Well it's hard for me to give an exact dose because it varies with each batch I make because I'm always experimenting with different strains. I also have no way to really give you an amount in Mg's because I have no idea how much I'm eating myself. But I always use an Eighth of flower per batch, throw it into a half cup of vegetable oil on the stove and bring it up to temperature and extract the goodies.

The last batch was stupid strong and I had 12 brownies. One of those was a pretty powerful experience, so much so that I broke this batch into 15 of them. I don't eat more than one at a time, and only occasional eat a second during the day. I've only gotten edibles from the dispensary a few times and the gummies I'd bought weren't as enjoyable to me for whatever reason.

I'm also a chef by trade and enjoy baking quite a bit. Sometimes I make cookies as well, even pancakes. Now that is a wonderful breakfast for a special person in your life. I'd suggest starting small and work your way up when cooking with THC yourself.

If you take too much it can make you an anxious wreck, which is why it's important to have some of a CBD extract on standby if you need to bring it down and smooth it out.

Finding the sweet spot just takes testing out the batch. After the first day I pretty much know what I'm working with and whether or not I should warn a friend not to eat the whole thing.

~Charlie

Last edited:
i take edibles probably 95% of the time for the last year. trying not to get lung cancer when i'm older. i still prefer smoking though

That's pretty much the same reason I eat it now LucidSDreamr. My lungs don't handle the smoke as well anymore and I only do that on special occasions. Usually when I'm on the come down from a psychedelic trip I will rip the Bong a few times. Brings it back up a notch so I use it as a tool that way. I'm also paranoid about getting cancer myself after sampling so many JWH's years ago. So I smoke much less than in the past.

But edibles are apart of my daily routine :)

1. Smoking flower
2. Dab rig
3. Wax pen
4. Vaping oil from a cart/pod
5. Edibles/oral
6. Vaping flower
7. Sublingual
8. Trans-dermal