• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides: Can I make it past threshold again?

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
Been tripping for 30 years this year, but my last five trips have been only physical side effects, no visuals or and head trips. It is like lysergamides don?t do their thing in my mind anymore, they just cause serious discomfort in the form of massive temperature fluctuations, sleepiness, and general unease. I know these are typical, but they used to pass when the peak started, now that is all I get for 8 hours or so.
So, I started to titrate back up and can?t get past 75mcg. I?ve tried 1p, eth-lad, 4-ho-met, 5-meo-mipt (i know), and they all do this to me.
Now I am stuck, because I can?t keep enduring flu-like trips with no candy. I would happily go thru the crap to get to the rainbow, but it just isn?t there.
What would you do?
One thing occurred to me: mushrooms are still smooth for me, and I haven?t done real lsd25 since 1990s.
Are these RCs just less predictable, or is there some magic, perfect ratio to number 25 that is more high than side effects?
cheers and thanks to Bluelighters!=D

While some RC move my curiosity (in theory), when it comes the time to score something, and spend the money i can spend, i prefer without a hint of doubt the real acid. If you can, find a fuckin' connection to real Lsd 25 and then later, IN CASE, try to find out new drugs fitting for you. If it's since the '90's that you don't do proper Lsd you can't even make a true guess on your true reactions. Maybe RC fucked your let's say "Acid affinity" up a bit. R u on some phamrs of any kind BTW? If you're on antipsychotics, high dosage methadone, high dosage benzos, etc. the effects of psychedelics can be reduced, it's old news. And some antidepressant - even some herbal ones - can truly fuck you up if you do acid. Find yourself some real deal, if you're on meds temporarilly taper A BIT down to the point that you feel comfortable but that the pharms won't reduce 1)the therapeutical efffects for which they've been prescribed and 2)the intensity of the psychedelia. Oh, and DO NOT ADD other hallucinogenic drugs - old or new - to your acid, at least at the first new experiences. I also feel to share one more recommendation: build your way up. If you score, say, a blotter, take a quarter or a third every 15-30 min. or even more . You said you had Lsd 30 years ago for the first time, me i had it 20-21 years ago, so i think we're experienced enough to know how to treat this marvellous Sacrament. So i think we're experienced enough in order NOT TO NEED COCKSIZING DOSAGES LIKE KIDS AT THEIR FIRST EXPERIENCES AND, ON KIDS, IN A HARM REDUCTION SITE THE "ELDERS" ' GOT A RESPONSABILITY TO THE YOUNGEST, IN HOW THEY/WE BEHAVE AND IN HOW WE/THEY SHARE EXPERIENCES. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY IS A LIFE PRINCIPLE, NOT A STEREOTYPE.Be well mate.

I appreciate your advice assurdo and I certainly agree there is no need to "dick size" dosages. But the OP has been tripping for 30 years and just recently has started to not get good effects from lysergamides, and he is trying to take small dosages and work his way back up... I don't think that applies in this case.

To the OP... I had the opposite problem. For some reason, lysergamides used to not give me a full trip no matter how much I took, right from the beginning of my tripping days. I had to take LSD 10-12 times before I got anything more than threshold effects. The time that finally did it was an absurdly high dosage, and I finally tripped. Since then I have gotten more and more sensitive to them to the point that a single hit of ALD-52 (125ug) will make me trip pretty hard and I hardly ever take more than that. But back in the day I could take 2-3 times more than my friends of the same batch and barely feel it while they were all tripped out and hallucinating and barely able to form sentences. it was quite weird, especially since every single other psychedelic I ever tried I was quite sensitive to from the very beginning and they all affected me normally... except LSD/lysergamides.

Yes, I had been off these for a few years, then started back up again last year. But never stopped mushrooms. I don’t take any meds, never have, thank god. This may be just a case of building gack up slowly. Also, I dig the advice not to mix things. Mixing 1p and eth-lad should have been fun, but nope. Mixing eth-lad and metocin was sickly as well. Also, daily cannabis use for 30 years (guess that’s my meds, hey) may play some role in my dopamine levels.
Anyway, thanks for the advice, folks. Will keep slowly adding.
I never did try doing a 1/4 every 15-30 minutes, will see how that goes.
cheers

Last edited:
How long are you waiting between trips? Increase that time, double it, triple it. If you are doing it more than monthly you are doing it too much. People say you can get your tolerance back in 2 weeks but I have found there is a weird sort of perma tolerance that is hard to get rid off if you do it for long periods of time. If you want to continue to enjoy this hobby you are going to need to take a long break or the magic may never come back. I have to take 5 hits for visuals and i used only need 1/2 a hit.

One thing occurred to me: mushrooms are still smooth for me, and I haven?t done real lsd25 since 1990s.
Are these RCs just less predictable, or is there some magic, perfect ratio to number 25 that is more high than side effects?

No, it is very much a question of set and setting.
Now, hear me out, because there is one major aspect of set/setting that people tend to massively underestimate: The placebo/nocebo effect.

If you are convinced that the drug you're ingesting is some sort of inferior substitute, then that will negatively impact your psychedelic experience. 1p-LSD and ALD-52 are both rapidly converted into LSD-25 in your body, and are in all likelihood inactive before that metabolic conversion has taken place. So there would only be a very minor difference in pharmacokinetics at best, but this kind of variability would also occur from small changes in the route of administration of plain LSD-25 (ex.: keeping a blotter against your cheek, under your tongue, or just swallowing it outright).

Heck, plenty of people rave about "needle point" LSD being so much better than "fluff" LSD. There is no logical reason why needle-shaped LSD crystals would produce different effects from "fluffy" LSD crystals, especially after they've been dissolved and absorbed on blotter, meaning they've formed completely new crystals. Yeah, people like to talk about "impurities" a lot, but ask yourself this: If, according to Sasha Shulgin, iso-LSD (the main impurity in LSD) is inactive at 4 milligrams, how are ~4 micrograms of iso-LSD in a hit of acid supposed to negatively affect a trip? As I said, never underestimate placebo/nocebo.

That said... there is indeed a difference between ETH-LAD and LSD-25, but this is not because "more natural" equals "better tolerability" (I mean, LSD isn't "natural" to begin with). Whereas 1p-LSD is simply a prodrug for LSD, ETH-LAD is an active compound that fits into your receptors in a subtly different way (in fact they did at one point make a batch of 1p-ETH-LAD, a prodrug form of ETH-LAD, from which it was indeed indistinguishable).

As for 4-HO-MET... a lot of people actually claim that it is more well-tolerated than psilocybin ("4-PO-DMT"), while Shulgin was of the opinion that the differences between most of the 4-substituted N,N-dialkyltryptamines (ex.: psilocybin, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-DET...) were minor to negligible, and that one might as well stick to growing shrooms simply because it was easier to do than organic synthesis. Be that as it may, I've not heard of people finding 4-HO-MET less tolerable than shrooms.

Of course, if you've been tripping for a long time, there is also the factor of tolerance. Not just physiological tolerance, but also tolerance on a psychological level, which can cause psychedelics to lose their magic. The best to get over the former is an extended tolerance break; the best to get over the latter is an even longer tolerance break.

75 mcs of LSD/1p/ALD is certainly tripping territory imo, maybe 40 and less isn't, but I've never taken lysergamides in that range, except for the occasional microdose, which is 10 mics :)
But as he has been tripping for 30 years, I don't think he should worry that much about a low dose freakout ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably need a long tolerance break from all psychedelics or a massive dose.

at 50 mics i start getting first threshold visual effects some people are just naturally tolerant to acid. I recommend doing meditation daily and try a larger dosage

If you can get your hands on some ondansetron, perhaps that would help. It's an anti-nausea med, but sometimes these feelings of malaise can be interlinked in weird ways. Just an idea, perhaps try preloading with a dose of it before you trip. It's available from one of the well known RC vendors, as well as via the medical system.

How are you in your life right now? Could life conditions, health, or other set and setting be off, making it harder to trip? You say mushrooms are fine for you, so that makes me think it's not that.

Maybe you just need to stick to mushrooms! If it ain't broke right? Have you tried 4-AcO-DMT? It's really close to psilocybin, but perhaps even smoother, and way easier to dose accurately than mushrooms.

Drum is it possible you've recently started taking a medication that might be blocking LSD? I take two medications that will block the effects of LSD and leave me in a state that feels like threshold for the entire duration of the trip. The same medications are supposed to mute the effects of mushrooms and DMT as well but I find those to be better at breaking through the blockage. Just something to consider.

I've also found that LSD will sometimes start to not feel very strong if I take it too often. It's a feeling similar to losing the magic of MDMA. Too large a dose or a break usually solves this problem for me. I've had times where I casually took say 3-5 hits of LSD from a batch I wasn't getting strong results from only to get my ass handed to me. Using in a new setting can often make LSD come on and feel stronger. Out of all the substances I use LSD seems to be more prone to getting boring than the others. I'm unsure if this is just the nature of LSD or if things like mushrooms would suffer from the same problem if I took them as often. Having experience with dosing various RCs too often I can say that I seemed to not have a problem with those that I do with LSD. However, they would start providing me with more negative experiences with frequent use while LSD only seems to provide boring ones.

The old advice of: Why keep tuning in if you've gotten the message? Applies too. If you've rocked yourself with ego-shattering trips at some point there is nothing new to discover if you haven't changed as a person since the last time.

Last edited:
I'm gonna give you the non scientific answer here.

You've transcended, you no longer need the substance. Your mind got what it needs from it. For example, back when I used to do a lot of acid, the "awe" factor eventually went away, it was merely faint visuals of tunnels/animals/kaleidoscopes which I could recreate even in the absence of the acid. It's a skill, you should be proud of it.

edit: didn't realize you were taking RCs. Well, that's a factor. We don't know how these unfamiliar, not well researched (IRONIC!) substances are in regards to tolerance and permanence.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I think it may be just bad timing on my part. I recently had a horrible experience after coming home from work, without PDs. I started getting nauseated, sweats, cold, etc. just like the times I combined eth-lad and 1p, or 4-ho-met and cannabis. After a solid few hours of puking, I realized I hadn’t been drinking water for a couple days! Just coffee. I now am convinced that the times I’ve had those bad body things, I was in dehydration. That is idiotically typical for me — not drinking enough water, or having a habit of it.

A few days ago, my wife and I ate some cyans and both had a great trip. We were well hydrated, and I plan to keep it that way. Next week I will taste 1P-lsd again and keep my water of life flowing.

My lesson is to keep hydrated and probably watch that I have enough food energy before the trip.
Wow, took me only 30 years of tripping to realize that.