• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

new Ambien formulation help, please

Teajunkie

Greenlighter
Just looking for general support, others experience with meds opinions and how to experitment with what I have. Also just starting Prozac. and having a issue with my zolpidem (ambein) suddenly not working since it was switched to Northstar brand wondering if any had experience with this.

Hi Teajunkie, this thread wasn't getting much traction in NMI.

I moved it to Other Drugs where experienced users might have a better chance to see it. Hope you get some answers.

W R

-----------------------

NMI to Other Drugs

Forget the fact that it's generic. It doesn't mean anything afa Ambien goes.

You just started Prozac, which is known to have some stimulant properties.

Give the med a chance to work and let your body adjust..

If things don't adjust, let your doctor know.

I had this issue before Prozac in fact I think it has no effect on my energy. I just got out of the hospital. The brand they gave me was a generic brand they said it was mylan worked great the best. I have always taken generic never had a problem just with this one brand but I've noticed the mylan worked the best. when they gave the white, didn't work at all, they switched it back to the mylan or teva brand.I was fine it's not the Prozac. I had issues with this before Prozac. I even found a old extra bottle with a few extra left I had that was a different brand, tried it, worked fine, went back to the Northstar, same thing again. I find no stimulation from the Prozac at all I've been on it a month and a half I feel more tired.I feel drained no matter what antidepressant I tried for the past ten yrs.even when my mood improves my energy levels are no better. Also been on Wellbutrin on and off for awhile which they say is supposed to stimulate you I feel no energy level at all. I have taken just a bout every antidepressant there is never felt any major energy difference. Never had issues with ambien. Been on ambien for about 2 yrs. I couldn't sleep before without it. Mentioned to the doctor to increase the dose of Prozac won't do it. I don't think I want anymore antidepressants now anyway because my situation currently is affecting my mood. Until my botched surgery gets fixed I will still be depressed.

Last edited:
We?re not here to help you get high off of your prescription medication ... take it as prescribed,

^^^ That came off as a little rude, unless maybe you replied to the wrong thread. :)

Tea Junkie: I just started on Wellbutrin for lethargic depression after a very quick detox from Zoloft. I can?t believe how quickly this medicine started working for me! I?m definitely getting stimulating effects (not ?high? lol) in that I can finally get my ass up off the couch, shower, be productive, and leave my house. I?m no longer exhausted ALL DAY LONG and my sleeping schedule is continuing to normalize. THANK GOD I?m starting to feel like myself again. This last bout of depression was horrible, and the worst I?ve ever experienced.

Were you on the ER version of Wellbutrin? How long did you take it for? I should add: my husband was on Prozac for years and it did absolute shit for him. There are so many antidepressants and they affect everyone differently. From what my Psychiatrist said, Wellbutrin is a pretty fast acting antidepressant and I would know in about two weeks if it would work for me. So far, so good.

Hang in there! I don?t know your full story, but it sounds like you?ve been through something pretty terrible. Please consider therapy too, if you?re not already doing that. It can really make a huge difference. Take care. Sorry I can?t help with the Ambien question.

Last edited:
Excuse me blackout. I'm not asking to get high off any medication. I'm just asking advice for people who have had similar experiences with these med combinations. If I wanted advice on getting high I wouldn't put it in a thread like this. I'm not a drug addict thank u very much. And I have always taken as prescribed, sometimes I undermedicate myself.

Last edited:
^^^ That came off as a little rude, unless maybe you replied to the wrong thread. :)

Tea Junkie: I just started on Wellbutrin for lethargic depression after a very quick detox from Zoloft. I can?t believe how quickly this medicine started working for me! I?m definitely getting stimulating effects (not ?high? lol) in that I can finally get my ass up off the couch, shower, be productive, and leave my house. I?m no longer exhausted ALL DAY LONG and my sleeping schedule is continuing to normalize. THANK GOD I?m starting to feel like myself again. This last bout of depression was horrible, and the worst I?ve ever experienced.

Were you on the ER version of Wellbutrin? How long did you take it for? I should add: my husband was on Prozac for years and it did absolute shit for him. There are so many antidepressants and they affect everyone differently. From what my Psychiatrist said, Wellbutrin is a pretty fast acting antidepressant and I would know in about two weeks if it would work for me. So far, so good.

Hang in there! I don?t know your full story, but it sounds like you?ve been through something pretty terrible. Please consider therapy too, if you?re not already doing that. It can really make a huge difference. Take care. Sorry I can?t help with the Ambien question.

I have been on both versions of Wellbutrin on and off for a yr. Just restarted a few months ago from xl to regular back to xl again. And yes alot of terrible things have happened and keep contuining. Been in therapy on and off for years, had not helped or I get I therapist I like and get attached and they leave, my last one I got too attached to him and was switched to another one and I'm going through too much physical discomfort to focus on the therapy anyway. They all do the same generic cbt techniques that never worked but made me worse. Plus I think I do better with male
therapists for some reason, most of what I had were female, like my new one is. In fact since the switch I really don't want to go to therapy again, I just feel more annoyed with most of them and every 2wks is not enough so why bother. If I could get my surgery redone I think my depression would improve more.

I had this issue before Prozac in fact I think it has no effect on my energy. I just got out of the hospital. The brand they gave me was a generic brand they said it was mylan worked great the best. I have always taken generic never had a problem just with this one brand but I've noticed the mylan worked the best. when they gave the white, didn't work at all, they switched it back to the mylan or teva brand.I was fine it's not the Prozac. I had issues with this before Prozac. I even found a old extra bottle with a few extra left I had that was a different brand, tried it, worked fine, went back to the Northstar, same thing again. I find no stimulation from the Prozac at all I've been on it a month and a half I feel more tired.I feel drained no matter what antidepressant I tried for the past ten yrs.even when my mood improves my energy levels are no better. Also been on Wellbutrin on and off for awhile which they say is supposed to stimulate you I feel no energy level at all. I have taken just a bout every antidepressant there is never felt any major energy difference. Never had issues with ambien. Been on ambien for about 2 yrs. I couldn't sleep before without it. Mentioned to the doctor to increase the dose of Prozac won't do it. I don't think I want anymore antidepressants now anyway because my situation currently is affecting my mood. Until my botched surgery gets fixed I will still be depressed.
Normally Prozacwill make you fell a bit up
I have been on both versions of Wellbutrin on and off for a yr. Just restarted a few months ago from xl to regular back to xl again. And yes alot of terrible things have happened and keep contuining. Been in therapy on and off for years, had not helped or I get I therapist I like and get attached and they leave, my last one I got too attached to him and was switched to another one and I'm going through too much physical discomfort to focus on the therapy anyway. They all do the same generic cbt techniques that never worked but made me worse. Plus I think I do better with male
therapists for some reason, most of what I had were female, like my new one is. In fact since the switch I really don't want to go to therapy again, I just feel more annoyed with most of them and every 2wks is not enough so why bother. If I could get my surgery redone I think my depression would improve more.
in my experience as patient and as pharmacist, that Prozac will have an impel, arouse more than to make to make you drowsy. For me i suggest to take prozac in the morning and take zolpidem around 20-30 minute. I haope this can help.
But f not and you feeling that you are struggling with your sellping.
You can consult your doctor about Seroquel that can help mania and depress quite very well.
You can take seroquel and ambien at night ; both foe sleep. Try it. God bless you..

I can't take Seroquel. Makes my heart race and doesn't work. and I don't have manic symptoms. Had Prozac increased no energy difference