• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Switching it up

Neeperkat

Greenlighter
I have been taking oxy for a while now and I'm wanting to take a break but like most of us withdrawals scare me so much. I wanted to get advice on my plan and see if it is a good idea. Right now I can't afford oxy so I got some H, yes I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box. I have only been doing it for a day and a half. I will probably get some norcos on monday, if I take those for a few days I should be able to stop taking anything without withdrawals. Do you think it will work?

Not a doc but oxy to H to narco?
One can expect WDs if quit suddenly I would think.
One may need to reassess. IDK but this has never been helpful for my coming off opies.

It should work. There's not much difference between oxy and hydrocodone or norcos. Good Luck!

This all highly depends on what your doses are and how much you are decreasing per day. Have you been through withdrawal before?

I have many times, I have quit many times and end up relapsing so I have been thru them many times. I was taking a lot of oxy, probably about 30-40 mg each time, about 3 -4 times a day. I have not had one since Sunday, I started the norcos Tuesday, took 50 7.5s from Tuesday to Thursdsy, then friday like a dumb ass I got H for the first time and have been doing a few lines here and there. I have an opportunity to get more 20mg oxy but I really do want to stop, I'm just scared of the withdrawal, so that's why im mixing it up

It's my opinion that you don't have a full understanding of the big picture with this stuff. Acute withdrawal is the type commonly spoken of and portrayed in the media, but Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome is, for lack of a better phrase, the same total amount of pain, but spread over the course of weeks or a few months. What you're describing here is not even a sound plan for getting through the very first phase of this, namely the acute phase. To be clear, the answer to your question is a very firm no.

There are a lot of medications that you can take to help ease the withdrawal symptoms and although I would normally break several down for you here, I've done it a few different times over the past month, so I would really appreciate it if you could do a tiny bit of digging and refer to some of my older posts. They are applicable to many situations. Start with the list of medications, what they do and how they might benefit you. If you have specific questions that you can't find answers for, please don't hesitate to send me a PM and we will figure it all out.

It doesn't have to be scary, don't worry.

If it mean anything ur my favourite mod kief I've learned a lot from your lectures.