• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mercury in MDMA

What I mean, can we agree that anywhere in the planet if you had to pick a city where the average person would have access to better quality and more pure MDMA would be Amsterdam

Actually, I 100% disagree. Based on everything we have analyzed in the other thread, whatever they are doing in The Netherlands right now is all kinds of wrong. That is the product that is not producing typical effects, causing LTC etc. There is something really messed up with what many Dutch labs are using as a synth right now. I will not touch any MDMA that claims to be Dutch based on everything I have read.

Im going to speak from experience here, I consider myself a responsible user of MDMA, and I researched extensively on bluelight and other forums as well as other websites on MDMA and I didnt have the most remote idea that there was lethal dosages of mercury in some batches of MDMA, I always test my drugs with multiple reagents made by myself, as well as trying to only purchase from reasonable connects, I personally speaking from myself I would have never in my whole life touched MDMA if I knew this was even possible and I personally know that if people were informed of this as rare as it might be most people would never touch this substance, that would be akin to saying:

Some samples of cocaine might contain lethal dosages of cyanide, we dont even know how frequently it happens, so its a russian roulette every time you take cocaine, the possiblity might be vanishingly small or high, we dont really know, but it exists so take your own decision.

Do you think people would keep taking cocaine or even try it at all? I guarantee most people would never touch it, and if this is true after all then absolutely yes some people with "long term comedowns" are actually people poisoned by mercury, and thats not counting people that have died from mercury toxicity due to mdma if this really happens, so what im trying to say is that we need to clarify this topic and if it really is a topic we need to make the information get out to users and warn them, I personally researched a lot about MDMA and I read a lot on it, I always test my drugs with multiple reagents and I thought I was safe, and I didnt even know about this, and thats me who researched this intensively, the absolute overwhelming majority of even harm reduction users of MDMA do not know about this and we have to get this information out and clarify this topic if its for real.

What I was trying to say Indigo, I dont know if its a different isomer or whatever theory you guys have, but its more likely to be pure MDMA reasonably made without adulterants in the Netherlands more than in any other country in the world, poor syntheses, adulterants, etc... are more common anywhere else on the planet, thats what I meant, maybe its not as good as safrole made mdma or whatever you want to believe but more pure on average it is.

Meaning if mercury contamination indeed happens its even more likely to happen to users in the rest of Europe and North America in which the product is cut with more adulterants on average and synthetized more poorly.

I'm no chemist either, but I believe pure elemental mercury is much less toxic when ingested as it is not water soluble and quickly passes through the body. However, inhaling the fumes from it caused people to go insane - e.g. hat makers who used mercury in their process - hence 'The mad hatter' popularised by 'Alice in wonderland'.

But methyl mercury and especially dimethyl mercury are extremely toxic as they are water soluble organic compounds which accumulate much more readily in the body.

Thats the problem it was dimethylmercury this guy said he found I believe, and I remember another post of another guy who is a chemist right here on bluelight that was shocked by that and found it extremely distressing to if it was for real, im not sure about the username ill see if I can find the post again.

Thats the problem it was dimethylmercury this guy said he found I believe, and I remember another post of another guy who is a chemist right here on bluelight that was shocked by that and found it extremely distressing to if it was for real, im not sure about the username ill see if I can find the post again.

Really? I thought it was methyl mercury that was indicated. Dimethyl mercury is the shit that only takes a drop or two on the skin to kill you.

The strange thing is that the phenomenon known as LTC seems to be much more prevalent amongst US users from what I can gather. The current Dutch stuff may be shit, but it ain't that shit...

Last edited:
"I just tested another batch of white powder (not tan) sold as Ecstasy in Amsterdam and the results are:
77% 2,3-MDP2P Glycidate
8% Methamphetamine HCl
0.6% Dibenzylketone
0.003% Methylmercury !
...and Excipients

Obviously, this will not be consumed.

P.S.
Most likely, this would not even pass the Marquis test."

Yes. That's the post I was thinking of. Obviously any mercury content is undesirable, but if it was dimethyl mercury contamination people would be dropping dead more often than they were at the height of the PMMA days.

Yeah but that guy is supposedly very knowledgeable and he said that amount will send you into a "permanent come down" I dont know what he meant by that but if its true its pretty fucking serious.

Why don't you PM him and ask for clarification?

If he was testing a small sample, then 0.003% is going to be a very small amount. Obviously, any amount is bad, but it may not be a lethal amount. As he said, enough to cause long term comedown symptoms.

Also, methylmercury is the form of mercury found in fish. It is not the form that you can absorb through your skin.

Details: https://www.dec.ny.gov/chemical/28716.html

Organic mercury, methylmercury is most commonly found in the environment. It is converted from its inorganic form by a biological bacterial process. It bioaccumulates in the environment and is most commonly found in fish. Oral ingestion of fish is the most common route of exposure of mercury to humans.

As for LTC, I thought it was more common in Europe than over here in America.

"I just tested another batch of white powder (not tan) sold as Ecstasy in Amsterdam and the results are:
77% 2,3-MDP2P Glycidate
8% Methamphetamine HCl
0.6% Dibenzylketone
0.003% Methylmercury !
...and Excipients

P.S.

Why the hell would one have 2,3-MDP2P in a powder sold as MDMA where the active ingredient is actually Methamphetamine?
Is it not inactive?
And it is 3,4-MDP2P that is used as a precursor, right?
And the Dibenzylketone? is it not something used in MDMA synth?

Well a lot of europeans say the long term comedown is an american thing and I agree, I always thought that it was caused by over analyzing and anxiety because as I have mentioned before I know lots of guys here in my country that have eaten MDMA tabs DAILY for at least a year, this is a guy who is my dealer and doesnt know shit about harm reduction he didnt even know MDMA was neurotoxic and he told me he did it for a year eating on average 1.5 or 2 tabs daily but stopped after a year due to not getting good effects and stomach issues, and he told me that after stopping he was depressed for a week and that was it, and curiously the only people I have ever seen in my life online mentioning Long term comedown is people prone to anxiety and depression already and people who read all about MDMA neurotoxicity and harm reduction, but if as said this is really happening and there are dangerous amounts of mercury in MDMA then absolutely yes this can be a reasonable cause of this symptoms and much worse

77% 2,3-MDP2P Glycidate
8% Methamphetamine HCl
0.6% Dibenzylketone
0.003% Methylmercury !
...and Excipients

P.S.

I think it is fair to say that this is not a sample of MDMA. I have never heard of anyone experiencing mercury poisoning from consuming MDMA.

@Jared - While it?s far from a conclusive study, a thread I posted a while back asking where most people with LTC were from, almost everyone said Europe or that their product was Dutch in origin.

While parts of America are known for having shit product these days, it?s a big place here and other parts of the country are doing just fine.

The dosage found in that sample isn?t huge but I?d argue that methyl mercury along with other potential impurities have the potential to do harm when in combination with MDMA or related compounds.

I believe the above product tested was likely a botched one pot shot synth on bad precursor. Not sure why the Chinese would sell them 2,3 instead of 3,4 but I?m sure it does happen and maybe it doesn?t synth as easily as it?s 3,4 cousin.

-GC

If the starting place was the 2,3 instead of the 3,4, I don't think it would be possible to end up with 3,4-MDMA (which is what MDMA is, the other positional configurations are different drugs).

^^Exactly. My point is that with a batch like that, it?s possible the chemist who purchased the precursor was scammed and consequently maybe the 2,3 positional isomer doesn?t synth in the same way. Hence a bunch of precursor still in the end product.

It?s my theory the chemists these days just use the glycidate as is in a one-pot synthesis which turns it back to PMK then reduces it to MDMA all in one go. This isn?t smart on their end as we see here potentially when they get ripped off.

-GC

I happened to revisit this website for the first time in 3 years, and felt compelled to write this....

I have been suffering from an LTC from an MDMA tablet since June 2015. It was an orange tesla. I can personally confirm that these LTC's are in fact mercury poisoning. The degree of suffering it has caused is unfathomable. For a long time (literally years) it was my goal every day just to not put a gun to my head. I felt like I was being constantly electrocuted 24/7. The buzzing, pressure, and neurological impairment inside my head was unreal. It has been absolutely DEVASTATING to my life, and wrecked my immune system. I've had to treat multiple systemic infections due to the degree of immune suppression. Granted, I do some genetic methylation impairments that makes me slightly less able to handle mercury than other people, but the majority of people out there have some degree of methylation defect. I was also eating tuna frequently around the time it happened, but you know what? I took a pill one night and woke up in what can only be described as a torturous nightmare. I am also not new to rolling, I had taken several pills in the past and been totally fine. This was probably my 15th roll ever

I am significantly better now, but my health is still extremely unstable. I was an engineer that graduated at the top of my class from a highly-regarded university.... And now? On the days when I have enough energy, I deliver pizzas just so I can afford medical treatment. I feel like I already have Alzheimer's. And for what? A one-time roll? It's just not fucking worth it people. Somebody NEEDS to get the word out about this.

The LTC is 100% curable however. There is hope. You can recover.