• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Other Any Airsoft "enththusiats" Here? serched giggle and found nada....

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
Just wanted to see if there were any who fu** around with toy guns....
Latest acquisition turned out better than expected.
Peace

I spent many high school weekends getting stoned in the woods fucking around with airsoft guns.

^ same except tweaked instead of stoned lol.

I used to be big into paintball. We had those shitty airsoft guns you had to cock before every shot when I was in school. I saw my little cousins the other day. It was fucking co2 powered fully automatic mayhem.

Yeah... they have come a long way in 20 years. Got an M4 (electric) with safe/semi/full-auto and the pop-up sights (after tweaking) make a scope useless. Accurate as hell.
Found a little group with a ware-house up the street: May get involved and play "army" like when I was a kid with a stick. Could be fun and maybe some off-work socializing will be some good. May find a hookup or be someone elses... never know. =D
If there's any chicks the wife will nix it in a heartbeat.

I used to play often. I had a huge collection of airsoft guns. At it's peak I had three Tokyo Marui's. I was particularly fond of the Marui Sig 552 though. Unbelievably accurate airsoft gun. Can't beat a Marui. My other best guns were usually ICS. Chinese brands, even based out of Hong Kong like Classic Army, always had this cheapness to them that Japanese and Taiwanese guns didn't.

Been wanting to get back into airsoft, but haven't got the spare money for new gear. When I picked up smoking weed I sold my whole collection for half its value and spent it all on bud, like a stupid 18 year old. Two indoor CQB places opened near me and I'd like to check them out.

I was into Airsoft with buddies around 10 11 years old. Then we started paintballing but as soon as we turned 18 we started buying real rifles and shotguns to shoot targets.

Airsoft was way fun tho.

Funny story. After an airsoft battle were walking back to my homies house and randomly runs up on one of our friends and says "message from 50 Cent" and shot him point blank in the cheek lmao. Lucky it was a lower fps handgun.

IChinese brands, even based out of Hong Kong like Classic Army, always had this cheapness to them that Japanese and Taiwanese guns didn't.

Been wanting to get back into airsoft,.... Two indoor CQB places opened near me and I'd like to check them out.
Taiwan and Japanese seem to have better quality pieces/parts in general, IMO.

AEGs are relatively cheap (inexpensive) these days and for a little over a buck one can acquire a second generation that is quite amusing and impressive (to me).
Still haven't joined the CQB here either but one day... just need to work on some basic protective gear (eyes/face mainly). I can take a little pain as it is a release as well as therapeutic. Yeah... not only do I like to inflict discomfort I appreciate a return. Hahahaha

I was into Airsoft with buddies around 10 11 years old. Then ... we turned 18 we started buying real rifles and shotguns to shoot targets.
.... "message from 50 Cent" and shot him point blank in the cheek lmao. Lucky it was a lower fps handgun.
We have a few "live" toys about along with the non-lethal. Love the bang of real sh** but the stealth of urban "warfare" with the "soft" ammo has my adrenaline going and this may be something that will be followed through with. We'll see....
Yeah... since all this is fairly new to me ('cept a brief encounter 20 years ago with some CO2 powered ARs) I'm finding FPS is a good thing (averaging 350 with .25gr) good but weight and accuracy seems to be more effective so far. Again... we will see. :)
Guess they still have low FPS side-arms but I shot myself point-blank just to see what the deal is. Stung like a MF for a good hour. lol

Edit: Oh... they do have femfatales there ( =D ): Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Last edited:
i'd not heard of airsoft guns before but as far as i can tell they're spring, gas or electric-power guns with a pretty low muzzle velocity (compared to, say, a more traditional spring, pneumatic or gas piston air rifle)?

is that correct?

i don't really have any experience of those types of guns but, growing up in the uk, i had a few different air rifles. started with a crossman pneumatic which was a fun first gun.

i later graduated to a weihrauch - pretty much the gold standard of european air rifles - they're elegantly simple, beautiful and powerful (.22 caliber is about 600fps i think). i had a hw35 with a 4x32 scope - something like this:

HW-35-Standard-Zfr.-quer.jpg

alasdair

Last edited:
^The idea behind airsoft is that you can shoot people and not really harm them, much akin to paintball; however, airsoft guns use mechanisms that can fit inside the weapon, thus adding an aspect of realism that paintball fails to achieve, along with the fact that the effective range is doubled or even tripled in comparison. The drawback is that airsoft is an honor based sport, since it leaves no visible marks unless at close range, meaning if you're playing with some dickheaded teenagers (or more often, dickheaded 30 year olds lol) people don't necessarily 'call their hits'.

Classic airsoft guns were usually spring or electric powered (using a motor and gears which pulled back a plunger in a tube which created the force when released; technically spring and AEGs are both spring powered, only the electric one does it automatically while spring required manual cocking. Spring died out years ago as a viable method. Gas is quickly replacing AEGs, as they've become more efficient and cheaper to produce. Gas can more easily incorporate blow-back mechanisms which further simulate real firearms, but generally requires more maintenance and can be more expensive in the long run.

When I was younger Glock trademarks were still legal somehow. I had a gas blow back G23 made by KJW, it was so real I actually couldn't tell the difference between firing a real Glock and firing the airsoft version, save for the harshness of the recoil and of course the muzzle flash/bang.

In classic AEGs and springers, the strength of the spring determined the velocity of the projectile (along with weight of the BB, I found anything less than .23 BBs weren't very accurate and would pay the extra dough for the quality). Generally 350 fps was a cutoff at most fields I played at, 300 fps for indoors. In japan they're required by law to stay below 250 if I recall. Every time I bought a Jap gun like a Marui I'd open her up and fit it with a 350fps spring. Marui made the best guns but needed some extra umph for us Americans lol.

I've found that past about 400fps you'll get welts/bruises and even bleed if you're closer than 50 feet, so I've never been a fan and find it sadistic/childish to use springs any stiffer than that, and even then 400+fps shouldn't be used at ranges closer than 100ft IMO.

Yes I remember BB and pellet rifles as a kid: Can be lethal but have other toys if needed.
They are low FPS (relatively speaking) and as stated the heavier the BB the more likely one will hit a target. There is the cost of speed when firing heavier rounds but that's the trade-off.... unless the spring us upgraded (as mentioned) but then one hast to maybe upgrade other parts to accommodate the extra slam.
350 FPS is the sweet spot where they play war but .28g BBs @ QCB confident target will be down by first or second round.
The .20g BBs are great indoors (speed) with no wind but outdoors they kinda suck getting blown this way and that.
Haven't tried the gas powered in about 15 years or so but imagine they came a long way. I remember a crew-member with one (AR) that was gas-powered and it would bury the plastic BBs in a light/electric-pole about 1/4"deep from 25 feet or so.
It's all basically new to me and need to do a complete tear-down of this thing to see exactly what it is.
It's fun and effective: preventive maintenance has always been key to a long lasting tool.
It's all fun and games until someone gets their eye shot out. hahahah