• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Experiences of Rispiridone, anyone?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia today and told my anti-psychotics would be changing from Chlorpromazine and Quetiapine to Rispiridone.
I don't really know anything about Rispiridoneso was hoping to hear people's experience or reviews of it.
It's an atypical anti-psychotic so it it similar to Quetiapine? Does it have the same mild abuse potential that Chlorpromazine and Quetiapine do?

Never tried it but i don't think it has any abuse potential.

Made me feel shit
didnt work raised me to the max dose of 6mg
where I had horrible restlessness and I actually hallucinated more.
Put me back on quetiapine the only one I can tolerate of the atypicals I can tolerance olanzapine vbut makes me feel like shit above 7.5mg

Clinical trials trump anecdotes, though. I think this is important to remember.

Also, many bad side effects tend to decrease to toleration as time goes on.

But it's true that meds change us. There's no perfect medication that just makes us feel better while retaining ourselves 100%. But meditation would be the closest to that, in my experience! And exercise.

I know that they used to give higher doses of Risperdal, like 8-10 mg, but found that lower doses are more effective because therapy doesn't compute nearly as well at those higher doses. This is along with current theory in helping people recover, not just stabilize.

That said, I was taking .5-1 mg, and definitely needed more. *Token yearning for time machine moment*

i tried it, wasn't for me. made me so fat and didn't give me relief like other drugs (geodon) did.