• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What is my dope?

amberdam

Greenlighter
Good morning, fellows. It's my absolute pleasure to be making a thread concerning methamphetamine!

I come from an area where the anhydrous and shake and bake is only just now screeching to a halt for what appears to be indefinitely. I just recently spent about the last 18 months incarcerated. Before I took leave of the streets, the period of a few months prior is kind of hazy... I say that to say maybe my judgement is hinged on a lot of imagination and brain damage from lack of sleep, BUT... (these pesky meth posts can't be short as a rule)... I feel like the shit I was getting before I left, well, it was immediately apparent to me that the landscape had shifted while I was away. The difference in quality is negligible and mostly non-existent, for better or worse. The shit behaves entirely differently in the pipe, again according to my questionable memory.

So I don't know about you, but when it comes to meth it seems like I'm constantly hearing something crazy. Yknowwuddimeanlol?

Like you ever hear ice grows? I've had people claim that the dope they're getting is fungus that grows from the ground, even so far as to say they themselves are responsible for creating ice-fungus-crystal. For instance I cited a common meth reduction method (anhydrous) and to me that's a way to describe what, in all actuality, the dope actually might consist of. Throughout the course of spending my time, I kept hearing different people talking about the aquarium/number nine shit that you hang floss. I think if my intuition serves me, the whole thing is less urban legend and more a kind of inside joke for those who get it.

So what brought me to ask you all is because when I called a contact I consider to be grounded and a well-adjusted user IMMEDIATELY started rattling off questions about how the vapor recrystallizes in the bowl and outlining different cuts with vitamins, something else.. oh, yeah he claimed the shit was almost absolutely cut with 'steroids' when I inquired about a batch that tasted

TL;DR Are you aware of any methods that could be obscure to me that will gleam any helpful information about the nature of the dope sold as methamphetamines in regards to harm reduction? Good, sound, prudent knowledge about meth seems to be excessively spotty.
- what's the deal about isopropyl and acetone washes?
- what's actually going on with the bleach test?
- do you know where to easily obtain reagent test kits, and I don't?
- is there a chance I'll encounter meth with fentanyl or another such common lethal substance of abuse?
- is there ever steroids on the dope?
I never cared to breach the subject before.

Edit: Gotta love a good spun-out forum post to serve as a handy trail of crumbs leading hopefully my own way back to sanity. Lol!

Last edited:
Steroids are oil soluble and not soluble in water. You cannot smoke steroids and you could eat or snort oral steroids.
It would make absolutely no fucking sense from any point of view to cut Meth with steroids.

Meth is not made by any fungus and does not grow.
Washes are meant to remove what is not meth from the substance being washed, so you are left with a smaller amount of substance that is more pure.
Depending on where you live drug test kits may be legal to purchase and should be available online.

Acetone washes will dissolve most impurity's that are left over from the manufacturing process and depending on who did the synthesis this step is crucial if you don't want a seriously toxic product.

There are reagent tests on dancesafe I believe and if you google methamphetamine reagent tests you should get plenty of results. I believe it's the marquis test that's commonly used when testing MDMA but it will help identify at least a dozen different drugs.

This test does not 100% prove you have X drug but it will tell you if it isn't something else and you can infer based on that information. If you use two or more different testing reagents you can narrow down the drug you have with pretty high certainty. If you are going to do a reagent test you should acetone wash your stuff first, just some none of the stuff left over from the synth interferes with your result.

There have been cases of people cutting stimulants like coke and meth with fentanyl, whether it's intentional or not. It's hard to safeguard against this without testing each batch but you should get into the habit of taking a very very small test dose just to be safe.

I've never heard of steroids being cut into meth, i'm sure it's happened in some rare cases but I don't think it's even close to common.