View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Antipsychotics (latuda) and LSD

Yoshatabi

Greenlighter
I was taking 80 mg of latuda but I stopped taking it like 10 days ago. Is it safe to take LSD? Or should I wait a bit longer for it to get out of my system? How long does one even have to wait after stopping latuda before he or she can take LSD? Is taking LSD with Latuda dangerous?

Its safe the only.problem is that you wouldnt trip while ok antypsychotics but after 10 days you will be able to trip probably.

The rule of thumb is to wait about 5 half lives for the drug to be completely eliminated. Latuda has a half life of up to 40 hours from a quick google search so you'd be looking at 200 hours before it's mostly eliminated from the body. I don't think there is a bad interaction between this drug and LSD. Typically, with Antipsychotics you're just risking LSD having no or little effect when both drugs are active in the brain together. Since 200 hours is about 8 days you should be good to go to feel the full effects of the LSD.

Antipsychotics will block the effects of psychedelics. It's safe to combine them but pointless. As headphones says above, I think you need to wait longer.

Bigger question, did you stop it just to trip? Or are you coming off of it anyway? Usually people are on antipsychotics for a reason so it can be dangerous to stop taking them to trip (and it can be dangerous to trip at all if you have some conditions that antipsychotics are prescribed for). I don't know your situation though.

There are typical antipsychotics (wich primary act via dopamine antagonism) and atypical antipsychotics (which primary act via serotonin antagonism). The latter ones will decrease the intensity of a trip by a larger degree then the former ones.

Anyways, I guess that you are taking those medication for a reason, and that tripping on LSD is probably a not so good idea for you with your medical background.

If you are on antipsychotic drugs and psychotic, do not trip or use drugs. This will only make your bipolar, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, or whatever you have worse.

If you are on antipsychotic drugs and psychotic, do not trip or use drugs. This will only make your bipolar, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, or whatever you have worse.

Having caution is always good and the OP should really take this advice to heart if he's prescribed this drug for those conditions. Just wanted to point out that drugs in this class are often prescribed off-label for things like insomnia so you can't always assume the OP is taking a huge risk by discontinuing them.