• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Past PV/a-PVP abuse & issues with high THC?

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
I abused MDPV & a-PVP for quite some time & after a while on one session of a-PVP after smoking for 8 days went mad, I was locked up in a secure unit (mental health secure unit) for a week & since that time I cannot smoke any of those kinda stims as I get right into a horrific state of extreme Paranoia & act out against innocent people in a really bad way.

Anyway since then a lot of the weed I have had has been high CBD content but the rare times I am sold something with high levels of THC I seem to go mad off it & it brings on the same nutcase state I was in from smoking MDPV / a-PVP, anyone know if abuse of those stims causes a issue with your brain as it seems I have given myself irreversible damage. I've had a horrific smoke a few days ago with DAB / Shatter but I should have known what would happen, the people were looking at me like I was a nutcase, in my head after a smoke they were plotting to kill me & I acted out badly against them, it feels 100% the same as when you are high on MDPV after a few days & begin to block the door to stop "the people" getting at you :(

I wish I had some advice, but from what I understand once you've gone psychotic it's easier to get back there. CBD has some antipsychotic properties. How long ago did you stop abusing the stims?

Have you used any other drugs/alcohol or been on any medications in those 30 months?

Sorry you still have to deal with that. Unfortunately it might never go fully away. Eating healthy, exercise and counseling/talk therapy could help. There are things that have been shown to cause neurogenesis, which is basically the brain healing itself. Things like 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a day. If you google "neurogenesis" you can learn more about that specifically. I don't know much about it beyond it's great for recovery.

I imagine a certain amount of the "process" of you going off the rails is in your head, so to speak. Certain beliefs you hold about yourself or the world can set off negative feedback loops. Things like believing you are worthless or everyone must not like you can make you nervous and uncomfortable in social situations. People might start picking up on this nervous discomfort and behave a little different, making you feel even more uncomfortable and so on. I'm not saying you can prevent psychosis with just your thoughts, but things like cognitive behavioral therapy(CBT) are proven to help. It is possible to gain a little more control over yourself even if it just means being more aware of physical and mental triggers.

Have you used any other drugs/alcohol or been on any medications in those 30 months?

Yes, mainly my DOC (Drug of choice) is heroin & has been 18 years but I have used several RC's since then but not to the extent I used to.
I am fine using anything for some reason apart from high THC which seems to send me mad sadly, I have smoked N,N-DMT several times for example since I went mad on those stims & had no issue at all.

Sorry you still have to deal with that. Unfortunately it might never go fully away. Eating healthy, exercise and counseling/talk therapy could help. There are things that have been shown to cause neurogenesis, which is basically the brain healing itself. Things like 30 minutes of aerobic exercise a day. If you google "neurogenesis" you can learn more about that specifically. I don't know much about it beyond it's great for recovery.

Thanks for that "Sorry you still have to deal with that" comment, I actually believe you mean it too for some reason so your kind words mean a lot to me. I am going to Google this "neurogenesis" in a minute & read up on what it is etc so thanks for the tip, I am willing to try anything tbh with you.

Since I came out I now practise Qigong breathing (Chinese method of self healing) & do "meditation" most days as it seems to help, I don't do any fancy New age type stuff, I am not sure what the style or tag-name to the style I do is, I just learned it from a book written by some Zen teacher in Japan, it does seem to help balance my head out a bit when I begin to feel myself becoming a bit loose in my thinking.

Things like believing you are worthless or everyone must not like you can make you nervous and uncomfortable in social situations. People might start picking up on this nervous discomfort and behave a little different, making you feel even more uncomfortable and so on

The ideas that go round my head are a lot darker than thinking people see me as useless, they are a lot of the time about people making plans to hurt me & kill me etc, if I was just thinking people didn't like me I wouldn't care one bit, when you think people are talking about you & making plans to have you killed is is quite something else.

Taking a break from everything might help, but I understand how difficult putting aside an opioid habit is. This is the place(at least online) to ask for support if you do decide to. It's almost 2 years off opioid for me, something I didn't think would have been possible.

I'm familiar with how scary and real psychotic thoughts can be. I'm not sure if that is what it happening, but it sounds at least similar to a psychotic episode being induced by high doses of thc. I was just using that as an example of how thoughts alone can make a normal person go a little crazy. It's the same type of thing with a psychotic episode, just it seems that the ability to control it once it starts seems to disappear. So little thoughts of suspicion can lead to overwhelming fear and panic. Things like a disingenuous smile can lead to fear of murder and conspiracy in the paranoid mind. I've been convinced my neighbor, who was a good friend at the time, was out to get me because I had caught him in some white lies in the past.

That's where talk therapy can help, but it might be difficult to find a therapist to work with someone who is actively using. Sorry there isn't much I can tell you besides getting in recovery. Which I'd imagine you don't care to hear someone telling you to do.