• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Subs and xanax...

AprilLee

Greenlighter
Hey y'all I'm new here, not sure how this work's but here I go... I've been on 16mg Subutex and 4mg Xanax a day since 2010. I quit drinking 9 month's ago but have trying to "replace" by taking way to many subs and Xanax. I have 1 sub left and can't fill my scripts till next week! Freaking out... I know withdrawal all to well and don't wanna go thru it but I can't relapse! Any advice besides the obvious (searching for em)

Hi April, I'm going to move this to Health and Recovery where most of the expertise for this question hangs out.

You'll you get the help you need; you're in good hands here.

Last edited:
You can stretch that 8mg a long way then try to ride the half-life the rest of the way. In my experience you have at least 4 days after your last dose before withdrawal really gets bad. So take 1mg a day. 2mg if you have to. That should get you thru next week fairly comfortable

ok so more than 8mg of suboxone = not much difference. Shallow dose effects curve past that amount, and it even starts to arc heavily around 2, 3 mg if I remember right (sublingual).

I imagine if you were used to 4mg alprazolam + alcohol that you feel the need to up your xanax dose; DO NOT. It'll be much harder to taper off a high dose xanax prescription (4mg is already high) and if you run out early you'll feel like shit.

Best of luck; keep us posted! How long have you upped the xanax dose past 4mg?

If you run out of Xanax you need to seek medical care. Very high risk of seizure and or brain damage.