• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is there any point? GBL to GHB

smackydowners

Bluelighter
Is there any point in converting good quality GBL to GHB?

I'm not the biggest fan of GBL. It's nice in doses of 0.6-1ml, but any more and I either feel sweaty and rank or pass out.

Does converting to GHB make it any more euphoric or is it just safer as more liquid needs to be consumed? I mean, the body converts it anyway.

Anyone much prefer GHB to GBL?

Thanks!

No, it's the same drug it just hits more quickly and has a shorter duration of effect as GBL. If you want to make GBL behave more like GHB pharmacokinetically, without converting, you could take it after a fatty meal.

You can make the potassium salt of ghb and it wont taste like salty chemicals but will have a pleasant taste then

I prefer GHB to GBL as ime GBL fucks up my stomach really bad and it tastes worse than GHB
And you need slightly higher doses for GHB so it's a little harder to OD

I may not bother then. I find the only way to enjoy GBL is to drink 0.6ml every 45 mins maximum, otherwise I find it quite dysphoric when I've taken too much. Anyone else find this? I hear of people taking 1.5ml and feeling amazing, which has happened like twice to me, the rest of the time I just feel ill.
I suppose I'm lucky my tolerance isn't shooting up, but I find GBL to be quite a subtle high, which is contrary to most reports

Last edited:
I only notice the difference in taste. GBL is fucking disgusting. Yet I took it like 6 months straight without sleep : s (don't ask)

it doesn't taste like paint thinner

of course if you fuck up the conversion it can be even worse