European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Is there any point? GBL to GHB

smackydowners

Bluelighter
Is there any point in converting food quality GBL to GHB?

I'm not the biggest fan of GBL. It's nice in doses of 0.6-1ml, but any more and I either feel sweaty and rank or pass out.

Does converting to GHB make it any more euphoric or is it just safer as more liquid needs to be consumed? I mean, the body converts it anyway.

Anyone much prefer GHB to GBL?

Thanks!

GBL is a more corrosive substance than GHB which might make you puke easier, OD by smaller dosages that are required and ghb goes down easy as gbl tastes like shit and gbl will after multiple doses make your body odor comparable to that of a third world country sewer. i take 2ml gbl normally, and after a few doses i need 4-5ml already...but don't copy my usage as the normal measure.

Oh, and GBL isn't exactly soya sauce for your rice so how do you come up with "food quality?"

Is there any point in converting food quality GBL to GHB?

I'm not the biggest fan of GBL. It's nice in doses of 0.6-1ml, but any more and I either feel sweaty and rank or pass out.

Does converting to GHB make it any more euphoric or is it just safer as more liquid needs to be consumed? I mean, the body converts it anyway.

Anyone much prefer GHB to GBL?

Thanks!

I'd say not myself. GBL is converted to GHB in the body anyway, so why bother? Although GBL is corrosive, if it is well diluted then that will minimise any problems.

I've not had GBL, but I don't rate GHB at all - I'd much rather have booze. But each to their own.

Furthermore, as it's a sodium salt that requires doses significantly higher than that of GBL, its quite harsh on the kidneys.

Last edited:
@Alien Psyche - typo, i meant good quality.

To all - I guess I'll find out as I'm getting some sodium hydroxide tomorrow and some pH strips. I'll report back. GBL is ok, it's just a weird drug imo.

Someone I know who has had a decent GHB habit for best part of a decade swore by GHB over GBL for a number of reasons that I never really paid attention to (because both seemed like something I could easily have a problem with).

But, he's the kinda person I would trust with these things and I can't have seen him going through the effort to convert it if there wasn't a benefit.

Safer dose response curve maybe?

I always think to myself "I wonder how many of those lot at the alloy wheel garage drink that shit?" each day I walk past, no wonder they all sit around smoking in plastic chairs as they are too fucked up to do any damn work.

gbl will after multiple doses make your body odor comparable to that of a third world country sewer.

Worse than a really good few days smoke of a-PVP?

I swear that stuff was horrific, I have actually puked from going to the toilet for a piss from the smell of that stuff coming outta me, I was able to clear several bus-seats in pure horror when I used to smoke that stuff.

I think there might be a slight difference in how it hits you and duration perhaps, I seem to recall GHB being described as a smoother experience but could be totally wrong. I personally wouldn't bother converting it, I also never noticed any change in body odour after using it.

If it's making you feel rank you're possibly dosing too high or on an empty stomach or something.

I would pick it over booze any day FUBAR!

I remember way back in the 90s when both the powered and liquid forms of GHB were readily available from a certain bodybuilding supplement company that sold certain "under the counter supplements" such as GBH, ephedrine tablets etc and I personally found GHB absolutely foul... It just caused you to pass out and if used as a sleep aid, needed a further dose at about 2-3am due to the short half life... and the adrenaline (or was it dopamine... never can remember) rebound making falling back asleep impossible.

Also the combination of it being a sedative hypnotic and diuretic caused many users (including myself I'm not ashamed to add) to piss the bed... Better than my mate though I suppose, who not only pissed the bed but pissed all over his wife (still married.... Must have been true love).

It truly was amazing what was available "under the counter" (and in some cases over it),in the bodybuilding supplement scene in the 90s and early 00s...lol