• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Am I in Precipitated Withdrawal?

sleepy6thsense

Greenlighter
I tried to induct myself this morning after about 14hrs since my last marginal dose. It's been two hours since I first dosed sub - I'm not dying but I feel worse than I did before, am I going into precipitated withdrawal?

This happened to me the other day, I was trying to quit so I smoked a bun the night before. I woke up about 10 hours later and started to feel sick. I started off with 2mg of suboxone to see if it would help. It helped with the nausea and stomach cramps for about 10 minutes, then it was fucking terrible. All of it came back, but twice as worse. I then took another 2mg of suboxone thinking that maybe the reason I want feeling better was because I didn't take enough. Still felt like shit. Then my skin was crawling so bad, my muscles were uncontrollably twitching and I was screaming uncontrollably as well..it was so weird. I then ended up taking 8mg of suboxone in total. That made it even worse. I was about to call an ambulance, but decided to cop another bun to see if that would've helped because I'd rather not go to the hospital lol. As soon as I smoked a bag, my symptoms depleted immediately. So idk what happened...maybe I took the suboxone too early. But once I smoked, I was completely better. Looks like I need detox soon lok

Update - I?ve taken about 5mg suboxone and I?m not dying but I still don?t feel alright either

That's actually normal. I take Subutex. I often feel like shit for 4-5 days, when I re-induct. (I still use occasionally).

I think the bad feeling is the sub replacing the opiates on the receptors.

Also, switching from a full-agonist opiate(heroin, etc) to a partial agonist (Suboxone,. Subutex), is uncomfortable. It will get better.

You're not in precipitated withdrawal. If you were able to type, and actually string thoughts together, you're not in pw.

Precipitated withdrawal causes some hysteria in most people. It's very intense.

The longer you can wait, the more effective subs will be. I've found if I can get to 40+ hours, the induction is much smoother. But, I know how difficult that is. Easier said than done. Hope you're feeling better.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have to ask it's not precipitated withdrawal. Trust me.

Pretty normal. It usually took a day or two for sub to fully work.