View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How often do you dose?

Anthem Acid

Bluelighter
Everyone knows a person (or is that person) that says you should only take psychedelic drugs sparingly, if at all. After all, you don't want to burn a hole in your brain!

There are people that say you should only use psychedelics once a month at most, once every 6 months at most, or once a year at most. Some people think you should only use them once in a lifetime.

So, as you already know based on the title, how often do you use psychedelic substances? And do they still have the magic?

And do you believe that your life is better or worse because of it? (Relating to health. I think most would agree that your view on life has been positively affected.)

For myself, I tend to "trip" once or twice a month. And I've been doing so since the summer of 2012. I've taken multiple months off before. As many as 3. But generally, if I can get my hands on LSD or Mushrooms, I will take them at the very least once a month. The most I've ever tripped in a month was probably 4 in 3 weeks last May. Or when I was in college doing mushrooms what seemed like every other weekend for 4 months. My usual dose is 1 hit of LSD (most likely 100ug but occasionally noticeably stronger) or 1.75g to 3.5g of mushrooms. 1 hit of LSD has lost the magic for me. I do believe I need to up my dose. It's still fun, but not nearly as fun as it used to be. But alas, I get fairly nervous before and during a trip that I'm gonna experience the big ED like I have once before and it was not fun. So upping my dose doesn't come lightly.

If I were smart enough to use the DNM or had the scratch for it, I would honestly like to trip every weekend. I do not smoke weed or drink. I don't do opiates. I don't do cocaine. The only time i get to be "high" is when I'm doing a psychedelic or the SUPER occasional oral dose of meth (We bought what we thought was Molly, was almost certainly meth. I liked it either way and have done it sparingly since.

Do I think I've had any negative health affects from it? No. Maybe. Just maybe I'm a tad duller than I used to be or my anxiety has gotten a teeny bit worse, but I really don't think it's because of the drugs.

So, how often are you dosing?

When I first ever took a psychedelic, LSD, I wanted to do it constantly and was doing it 3-4 times a week for almost 9 months, then I got strange and stopped and now take psych probably once every two months, unless you class K as a psych and then it is every weekend more or less. They are a hugely beneficial drug for me and while I am trying to remain sober these substances are more of a tool for me than a drug. You can't exactly escape reality on these every time.

When I first ever took a psychedelic, LSD, I wanted to do it constantly and was doing it 3-4 times a week for almost 9 months, then I got strange and stopped and now take psych probably once every two months, unless you class K as a psych and then it is every weekend more or less. They are a hugely beneficial drug for me and while I am trying to remain sober these substances are more of a tool for me than a drug. You can't exactly escape reality on these every time.

How long ago did you first take it? And i imagine your dose was pretty high doing it 3-4 times a week. How many hits were you doing at a time, if you don't mind me asking.

Tbf it was more like 3 times a week and doing between 3 and 7 depending, wasted a lot of acid and often has mild trips but also man life changing and mind altering trips. I am now 29 and the first time was when I was abut 24, very shortly after trying itfor the first time I started providing it to friends and had it around me readily for ages and wasn't working so it filled the time. Like I say though I take more away from trips now they aren't as often than I did when I was doing it loads, it almost became too familiar and lost the sparkle for a while.

There have been times I've tripped once a week for a few months. And others I've gone for a year or so without tripping. I just do it when I feel it's right. Supply isn't an issue so it's really about where I'm at in life. I think that's a good way to do it; whenever you feel, as long as it doesn't interfere with whatever else you have going on.

I've cancelled trips the morning of, and I've decided to trip five minutes before. Flexibility is key in life.

Last edited:
It use to be every weekend for a couple of years but that wore a little thin, I lost a lot of the magic what comes with tripping, now I'm a little older its about 3 or 4 times a year and its as beautiful as ever

At the height of my psychedelic use, I was taking LSD daily for about 5-6 days. Yes it worked every day and my tolerance did not go up.

I did not lose any sort of magic but I am not into any drugs at all now, unless you count caffeine.

At the height of my psychedelic use, I was taking LSD daily for about 5-6 days. Yes it worked every day and my tolerance did not go up.

I did not lose any sort of magic but I am not into any drugs at all now, unless you count caffeine.

How long were you doing it daily for?

How long were you doing it daily for?
I used LSD daily for about 5-6 days just 5-6 days consecutively in one calendar year. I would do this when I was taking classes, and it was the first week of them for the term or semester, and I did not have to do lots of work for the classes or at my job.

My first LSD experience was back in the mid 60's. In the beginning I would trip much more frequently, sometimes more than once a week; but personally I have found it much more rewarding when I integrate the experience. Now I tend to use it 4-6 times a year.

My first LSD experience was back in the mid 60's. In the beginning I would trip much more frequently, sometimes more than once a week; but personally I have found it much more rewarding when I integrate the experience. Now I tend to use it 4-6 times a year.

Wow. An absolute seasoned vet. That's awesome. Do you mind me asking what the longest break you've ever taken was? In 50 years, I'd assume you've gone ONE of those years without, right?

Yeah there was a few years when I was too busy, but not an extended period for say more than 4 years during my military service. And I think I ran into some even then, but much less frequently ;)

These days I trip at varying rates... usually in the winter I trip less often, once or twice a month. In the summer I tend to trip more often, 2-4 times a month. Usually when I trip I am not going for powerful life-altering experiences, I have already had those, though I have some particular trips planned (like ayahuasca, and also DPT - at some point). So I take museum-level to moderately strong doses (sometimes LSD but often various RC psychedelics) to enhance activities such as hiking, camping, going to shows, etc. During festival season I usually go to a couple of music festivals, and I tend to trip 2 out of 3 days there, usually the first two days, but then I won't trip for a few weeks. I find that it keeps working for me, but I do notice that when I take long breaks of months or more (which happens occasionally), there is more of a magical feeling. At this point I am very used to the psychedelic state and it is usually easy for me to navigate and doesn't throw me off, which is both a good and bad thing.

Part of the reason I am so used to it is because back in 2006-2007, I went nuts with it when I was first starting to explore all the plethora of RCs, and I ended up tripping 3+ times a week for like a year and a half, maybe even 2 years. It got to where I was taking huge doses of things (like 40mg of a 4-substituted tryptamine, 5 hits of acid, 50mg of 2C-B, etc) just to feel a moderate, day-enhancing but not mindblowing effect. Eventually I stopped that and I ended up taking a break for 3 years, with attempts to trip a few times in there but my tolerance was still massive. After 3 years, I was finally able to trip normally again.

The first time I tripped was in 2001, on mushrooms, and I had a life-changing ego dissolution experience where I realized we are all the same consciousness, the universe experiencing itself subjectively. My life has never been the same since. It certainly has been a good thing for me. In terms of my health, I do not believe I have done myself harm even when doing so many psychedelics back in 2006-2007. I recovered from it just fine. I don't think I'm any weirder than I used to be before I ever tripped, but I am more self-confident and it's harder for little things to bother me. I feel like I'm always brushing the psychedelic state, I don't need to be tripping to have that mindset anymore.

These days I trip at varying rates... usually in the winter I trip less often, once or twice a month. In the summer I tend to trip more often, 2-4 times a month. Usually when I trip I am not going for powerful life-altering experiences, I have already had those, though I have some particular trips planned (like ayahuasca, and also DPT - at some point). So I take museum-level to moderately strong doses (sometimes LSD but often various RC psychedelics) to enhance activities such as hiking, camping, going to shows, etc. During festival season I usually go to a couple of music festivals, and I tend to trip 2 out of 3 days there, usually the first two days, but then I won't trip for a few weeks. I find that it keeps working for me, but I do notice that when I take long breaks of months or more (which happens occasionally), there is more of a magical feeling. At this point I am very used to the psychedelic state and it is usually easy for me to navigate and doesn't throw me off, which is both a good and bad thing.

Part of the reason I am so used to it is because back in 2006-2007, I went nuts with it when I was first starting to explore all the plethora of RCs, and I ended up tripping 3+ times a week for like a year and a half, maybe even 2 years. It got to where I was taking huge doses of things (like 40mg of a 4-substituted tryptamine, 5 hits of acid, 50mg of 2C-B, etc) just to feel a moderate, day-enhancing but not mindblowing effect. Eventually I stopped that and I ended up taking a break for 3 years, with attempts to trip a few times in there but my tolerance was still massive. After 3 years, I was finally able to trip normally again.

The first time I tripped was in 2001, on mushrooms, and I had a life-changing ego dissolution experience where I realized we are all the same consciousness, the universe experiencing itself subjectively. My life has never been the same since. It certainly has been a good thing for me. In terms of my health, I do not believe I have done myself harm even when doing so many psychedelics back in 2006-2007. I recovered from it just fine. I don't think I'm any weirder than I used to be before I ever tripped, but I am more self-confident and it's harder for little things to bother me. I feel like I'm always brushing the psychedelic state, I don't need to be tripping to have that mindset anymore.

Oh, I'm well aware that you do psychedelics to enhance every day activities. I recently read an old "trip report" you did (cannot remember the substance) where you basically just took it and chopped wood. You loved it! I wouldn't go within 15 feet of an axe when I'm tripping, let alone use it.

That was a new trip report actually, it was DOF which is a psychedelic amphetamine, I felt more capable actually. But yeah I also wouldn't recommend an axe in general while tripping. =D

Lol @ 2 times a year.

I've been tripping weekly for like 1.5 years...

Ive been to the doctor in this time. MRI/CATSCAN/EEG. Doc says I'm healthy :D

Once a week or even more?

Edit: Nah just once a week. Usually Friday or Saturday depending on if I have to work a overtime shift on Fridays.

Usually the same substance or do you switch it up?

Switch it up. LSD, 1plsd, ald52, 4 aco dmt and 2C-B when I can get it.

Last edited:
You haven't tried 2cb yet? Bruh it's fun. Sniffing it hurts but goes away fairly quick feels like you got punched in the nose. Plugging it also is great because both ways take half the dose as taking it orally. Great substance.