View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Worst trip of my life

shgrmama21

Greenlighter
Ive tripped on psychedelics many times in my life. Ive always had great experiences whether that be at a music festival, the comfort of my home or out and about in public. Im not new to tripping by any means and I have always put myself in a good mindset prior to tripping. I am always aware that I am on a drug while tripping and that Im completely safe.... which always give me the best of trips. Ive been able to take 4 doses at a time, nothing more than that. Ive always been very responsible and respectful while tripping and never had a bad trip up until this point.
Last winter, I took 4 doses of lsd at home with my husband. I remember as soon as I started to come up and I started feeling wavy and euphoric... I started to get very sleepy. Which was weird for me, usually Im up for hours and hours at this point so would anyone. I fell asleep and started to have this dream. I knew I was in my home and I could not go outside.... but that was it. My mind started channeling my worst fears and insecurities which was strange. They were just thoughts like you would have while dreaming. I had no idea what was happening. It really felt like I was lucid dreaming or something. 8 hours later I ?woke up? and I was sitting on my couch and the sun was up. My trip was over at this point. My husband told me that for 8 hours I was mindlessly roaming around the house saying weird shit and in my own world. I don?t remember doing anything of what he said. It felt as if I was a crazy person who completely lost their mind. Ive never had this experience before where I just lost control. Ive been afraid to trip ever since... it gives me some sort of PTSD just thinking about it.
I havent been able to find answers of what might have happened to me. Any ideas? Did I really fall asleep... was I sleep walking? Id like to trip again at some point in my life but after that theres no way right now.
No judgement please-

I had a similar experience with mushrooms. Probably 4g's of some gnarly looking things. I always say they looked they grew out of the grim reapers shit. Anyhow, the trip started normal, but it came on rapidly. Long story short, after about 30 minutes of the hardest tripping of my life, I got outrageously thirsty. I almost felt like I was dying of thirst. I got one of my friends to make me a glass of water, and as I was chugging the water, i got the feeling of drowning. Like I filled up my lung with water. In my head, death was coming. And there was nothing I could do about it. So I just sat down, puked all over the place, and in my mind, drifted off into death.

To everyone else around me though, I had just thrown up and went to sleep on a lawn chair outside. I was so inconspicuous that they brought out a pong table, invited people over and proceeded to have a party around me. Because to them, I had just fallen asleep. But in my head, i was on a tour through literal hell. I was sure I was dead. Eventually, they "woke me up" and took me upstairs and essentially put me to bed, but I was still deep into the worst hell I could ever imagine. They put on one of my favorite albums and tuned the lights off. Unfortunately, the album they put on has moments of somewhat scary, trippy beats and vocals, which somehow put me into an even deeper hell. All the while, I guess i was crawling around the bedroom picking up old drinks and pouring them on my head.

Eventually, I was somehow able to come back to life a little bit and I guess i turned the TV on and put on one of my favorite movies and I slowly came back.

I honestly do think I somehow fell asleep and just had the scariest nightmares I could ever imagine. I think that can happen.

You'll be okay. I also got some sort of PTSD to this day when a certain song on that album comes on that they put on for me. Like, that song was the soundtrack of hell to me. Also, i don't come close to approaching that much mushrooms anymore. I've done them countless times since then, but always a smaller amount. So if you're scared, just do a lower dose to ease yourself back into it.

These drugs can be scary. I would say you're lucky that you've been taking 4 hits this whole time and never had a bad trip or an ego death. It was bound to happen. Either way, I hope you can find peace with what happened to you and get back on the train! For what it's worth, after I came to, I had the afterglow of a thousand suns. I felt like I just took a bath in God's shower. I felt like the coolest SOB that ever lived. I also know that these things can be a double edge sword.

I had a similar experience with mushrooms. Probably 4g's of some gnarly looking things. I always say they looked they grew out of the grim reapers shit. Anyhow, the trip started normal, but it came on rapidly. Long story short, after about 30 minutes of the hardest tripping of my life, I got outrageously thirsty. I almost felt like I was dying of thirst. I got one of my friends to make me a glass of water, and as I was chugging the water, i got the feeling of drowning. Like I filled up my lung with water. In my head, death was coming. And there was nothing I could do about it. So I just sat down, puked all over the place, and in my mind, drifted off into death.

To everyone else around me though, I had just thrown up and went to sleep on a lawn chair outside. I was so inconspicuous that they brought out a pong table, invited people over and proceeded to have a party around me. Because to them, I had just fallen asleep. But in my head, i was on a tour through literal hell. I was sure I was dead. Eventually, they "woke me up" and took me upstairs and essentially put me to bed, but I was still deep into the worst hell I could ever imagine. They put on one of my favorite albums and tuned the lights off. Unfortunately, the album they put on has moments of somewhat scary, trippy beats and vocals, which somehow put me into an even deeper hell. All the while, I guess i was crawling around the bedroom picking up old drinks and pouring them on my head.

Eventually, I was somehow able to come back to life a little bit and I guess i turned the TV on and put on one of my favorite movies and I slowly came back.

I honestly do think I somehow fell asleep and just had the scariest nightmares I could ever imagine. I think that can happen.

You'll be okay. I also got some sort of PTSD to this day when a certain song on that album comes on that they put on for me. Like, that song was the soundtrack of hell to me. Also, i don't come close to approaching that much mushrooms anymore. I've done them countless times since then, but always a smaller amount. So if you're scared, just do a lower dose to ease yourself back into it.

These drugs can be scary. I would say you're lucky that you've been taking 4 hits this whole time and never had a bad trip or an ego death. It was bound to happen. Either way, I hope you can find peace with what happened to you and get back on the train! For what it's worth, after I came to, I had the afterglow of a thousand suns. I felt like I just took a bath in God's shower. I felt like the coolest SOB that ever lived. I also know that these things can be a double edge sword.

I feel better that someone had a similar experience as me. I am thankful that at least this happened to me around someone I?m comfortable with.. rather than out in public. I think the most scary thing is just the feeling of not being in control whatsoever. Totally losing it.

It's more likely that it gives you shame, guilt, or anxiety when you think about it. Not PTSD.

PTSD is like nightmares for weeks on end, massive changes in behavior that persist for months or years, extreme thoughts and flashbacks etc.

when you have a negative feeling when you reference a certain thought, that's just a negative emotion tied to a thought. Once the thought goes away, the feeling goes away, right? That's more proof that its just a negative emotion tied to a thought.

and yes what happened to you is a common side effect of taking too much of a drug and then falling asleep on it. Sometimes you don't even have to fall asleep, if you just take a really high dose sometimes it will have that effect, where you begin to get lapses in memory and its like you are on auto-pilot. Basically you might be walking around and talking, but nobodys home.

I had it happen to me once but I was only on a dose of like 5 hits. This was close to the beginning of when I first started taking psychedelics. At some point in the night my room mate flipped out on me and he was like "dude, thats like the 7th fucking time you've introduced yourself to me tonight". and that freak out was enough to snap me back to reality. I felt really horrible so I went in my bedroom and continued the trip alone. I was also laughing my ass off becuase I was like "holy shit, that was wild". basically like 2 hours during the peak passed by where I was unconscious but still walking around and doing shit.

it also happened to me another time when I took like 5g of mushrooms, smoked a bowl, then fell asleep. When I woke up I was high as fuck, but I thought I was in some kind of dream or something. For the next 6 hours I was only sober for like 2 minutes, which happened about halfway into the trip but pretty quickly I went back into the mindless zombie auto pilot mode.

Anyways yeah, whatever that experience is, it definitely a side effect of psychedelics and it's not like your brain or body is malfunctioning. It seems like its likely when people first start taking psychedelics, but gets less likely as you get more experienced with the psychedelic mind-space. (i've doses over 100x times now and I can probably do 10 hits and still wont space out like that. my first and second LSD trip tho I was on like 3 tabs and I spaced out for a few 10 minute intervals).

Also falling alseep then waking up while still high seems to have a high probability of it happening. its also really difficult to fall asleep while high so there are not many stories about it happening. That time I fell asleep was because I had like 5 hours of sleep the night before, and smoked like 2 fat bowls then fell asleep before the mushrooms hit me, then when I woke up I was peaking on the mushrooms and it had that weird effect where I was walking around the house and doing shit but I wasn't really conscious. it was like a dream, a lucid dream, where everything was very vivid and I could remember my thoughts and actions, but during the time I Was doing it there was no conscious choice of my actions, it was like someone or something else (maybe my sub conscious) was doing all the actions for me.

Sounds almost like you?re triggering some underlying dissociative disorder.

I think most people nowadays don't know how to journey anymore, you hear people taking shrooms and sittin on a chair, someone take some E and kiss clothes.. boring shits like that. As for e.g for someone who didn't smoke weed before, even if it's sativa, he or she could fall asleep and possibly even sleepwalkin, psyhedelics tends to do that too, not that often but sometimes. You don't need to have any kind of fear, you experienced a bad trip nothing big relax though who knows? Maybe you were up already & didn't knew, your husband was on tabs too, why would you belive you was dreaming in the first place? and if it was like that, congrats, you had some nice visuals and a little bit different than others in terms of how it was affecting you.

Don't worry, go on and enjoy them.

regards,

Winter