Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Tapentadol and methadone

smackydowners

Bluelighter
Hi y'all,

It's been a wee while! I'll jump straight in.

I'm on 80mg methadone per day. I've acquired some 100mg tapentadol tablets IR.

Would they be worth using with my daily meth tolerance? If so, which ROA would be best, oral or rectal?

Would I be best having a day off my meth before doing the tapentadol, or would there be a synergy?

Any risk of precipitated withdrawal?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I have never used this drug, it is considered as having an intermediate potency at best i.e. stronger than codeine but not as powerful as morphine or methadone and considering that 80mg is well within the therapeutic range of methadone I would say that, based on personal experience, it would not have much of an effect (as I find heroin useless when taking 60mg+). Considering my only way to get high from even high quality heroin was to self sabotage my treatment for 48 hours and IV the first shot I would imagine you would need a significant break from the methadone altogether to get anything from tapentadol, as its inhibitory effect on neurotransmitters is less pronounced than tramadol (its closest comparison and something I have tried) and appears to behave more like a typical agonist. As such, I cannot see why there would be any risk of PWD's but despite it not likely to have much of an psychoactive opiate effect it may still be synergistic enough to cause an overdose, especially if large doses are taken to attempt breakthru.

This is just speculation however from a junkie erring on the side of caution for HR practises, so bear with us in case an experienced user reads.

Have you tried asking in the 'Other Drugs' forum - both the regular posters and the mods (with the exception of Fubar due to his senility :-D ) really know their shit, coupled with the increased likelihood of an experienced tapentadol user posting?