• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Synthetic cannabis/spice

Baxster898

Greenlighter
I?ve really been wanting to try synthetic cannabis for awhile but where I live there is no way getting hold of it
I was wondering if anyone knows any current cannaboids that are available in the uk and any mixtures or combos I could try out
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Why do you want to try it? Just smoke, vape, or eat high quality cannabis or hash instead.

I know many people who used cannabis research chems like spice, JWH, etc. and they said how it was addictive, way too easy to overdose on just from smoking, not nearly as good as actual cannabis or hash, and they only did this to avoid drug tests. I read a study that said how they are highly carcinogenic.

https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/474536-New-evidence-for-cancerogenic-metabolites-from-JWH-018

I never smoked any of the research chems since I figured they were fake herbal blends that you would read ads for in magazines like cannabis culture and high times, and I had access to high quality cannabis.

Last edited:
That stuff is nasty and should be avoided. Most of them are actually opioids and highly addictive. i've never tried one so i can't speak for the high, it just never seemed worth it to me to get addicted to an opioid when i could be smoking actual, popper bud.

I?ve really been wanting to try synthetic cannabis for awhile but where I live there is no way getting hold of it
I was wondering if anyone knows any current cannaboids that are available in the uk and any mixtures or combos I could try out
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Recommending a drug or helping someone source a drug is not allowed here at BL.
As all non prescription psychoactive substances are illegal in UK, the only source of synthetic cannabinoids is the illegal drugs black market.

If you manage to procure some, be aware that some of this substances, if pure, can be extremely powerful, with some having an active dose range starting from less than half a milligram.
Yes, 0.0005 or even less on a scale.
Beware of blends of cannabinoids and smokable herbs as a uniform concentration is not guaranteed, ie there might be hotspots and weakspots in the same bag.
In case of an overdose CBD will greatly help reduce any negative symptoms.
CBD is legal to purchase in the UK.

Last edited:
Recommending a drug or helping someone source a drug is not allowed here at BL.
As all non prescription psychoactive substances are illegal in UK, the only source of synthetic cannabinoids is the illegal drugs black market.

If you manage to procure some, be aware the some of this substances, if pure, can be extremely powerful, with some having an active dose range starting from less than half a milligram.
Yes, 0.0005 or even less on a scale.
Beware of blends of cannabinoids and smokable herbs as a uniform concentration is not guaranteed, ie there might be hotspots and weakspots in the same bag.
In case of an overdose CBD will greatly help reduce any negative symptoms.
CBD is legal to purchase in the UK.

Excellent advice..!

I witnessed a very scary 5F UR 144 OD episode once, three buddies in my living room.
2 of them got paralysed and overheated into sweaty messes, only able to turn their eyes.
The other one lost consciousness for about 30 minutes in total and cramped in fetal position.
After 15 minutes the two managed to get up and ask for help, still in total ego loss, panic attack, initially unable to speak and then to make sense and profusely sweating.
One proceeded to shit and puke at the same time sitting on toilet while hugging a bucket.
The other one was afraid to open his eyes because he did not know who he was, and who he was supposed to see upon opening his eyes, himself or his friend.
The guy that was unresponsive had a heartbeat and was breathing, and slowly relaxed a bit.
Upon wake up he said nothing and punched me right in the cheek, luckily to no effect as he is much smaller than me and was not in a position to generate much power anyway.
After a few seconds of struggling he realized he knew us, and explained he was dreaming that he had been knocked unconscious and restrained while stealing from a stranger's home, so his plan had been to lay down until he felt a bit better and then punch and run before the cops would arrive.
Everyone was well in the end.

Last edited:
I had the dubious pleasure of trying Spice when it was still legal to buy in the UK. I also had access to good bud and so was able to compare directly. I think it was probably a concoction with one of the JWH series of synthetic cannabinoids. The 'high' was cold and 'colourless' (i.e. totally un-psychedelic) compared to bud and for me produced pronounced tinnitus. The cold effect reminded me very much of Salvia dissociation. When mixed with a bit of bud it was not unpleasant, but good quality cannabis still seems to me, after over 40 years experience, the best by a long shot.

If you don't get to try it you're probably not missing anything, although different folks get off on different things. As others have said above, there are lots of variations in the synthetic cannabinoid range and some are extremely anxiogenic. People have had very distressing experiences (although the same could be said of strong marijuana).

I witnessed a very scary 5F UR 144 OD episode once, three buddies in my living room.
2 of them got paralysed and overheated into sweaty messes, only able to turn their eyes.
The other one lost consciousness for about 30 minutes in total and cramped in fetal position.
After 15 minutes the two managed to get up and ask for help, still in total ego loss, panic attack, initially unable to speak and then to make sense or to and profusely sweating.
One proceeded to shit and puke at the same time sitting on toilet while hugging a bucket.
The other one was afraid to open his eyes because he did not know who he was, and who he was supposed to see upon opening his eyes, himself or his friend.
The guy that was unresponsive had a heartbeat and was breathing, and slowly relaxed a bit.
Upon wake up he said nothing and punched me right in the cheek, luckily to no effect as he is much smaller than me and was not in a position to generate much power anyway.
After a few seconds of struggling he realized he knew us, and explained he was dreaming that he had been knocked unconscious and restrained while stealing from a stranger's home, so his plan had been to lay down until he felt a bit better and then punch and run before the cops would arrive.
Everyone was well in the end.

That is crazy, and it makes me glad I never used any of those research chems or any research chemicals.

As some have seen above poster's Cannabinoids, not allowed offcourse. do have some resemblence with what I bought in my synthoid era and that's were it ends. They change so rapidly that alone is a reason to not touch them. In order to not get 'sucke-r-d'up in the never ending quest finding alternatives for the ones you liked. They disappear sometimes to never surface again. Seeing how aggressive these Chinese market there product on Bluelight is a warning sign.

Besides the common risk's of taking untested materials, the good ones allready gone for years. Leaving more questionable products as replacements. But the never ending cycle of discovering a new good one is a real turn off imo.

So what's more to say, myself I didn't find them more addicting as Cannabis. The short halflife seemed to do the opposit for me. The withdrawal is equal but over way faster. But that could also have to do with smoking weed 4 times a day and being constantly THCfied. Take the same ritual vaping noids and I was sober big parts of the day. Vaped 4 to 5 times a day, probably why I didn't get the horror withdrawal I read about.

The ammount of fuck ups they created in the race for the noid's is immense. Some so strong and hard hitting any resemblence to the real thing was lost. But then again on the noids I could get revelations, like one gets while tripping. That no Cannabis ever could give. Probably has to do with them being full agonist's oppossed to partial nature of Weed. They can make you trip and can knock you out.

My preference were the ones with a certain feel. Very like Cannabis some more energizing. But had some fuck ups with ones to strong for use. Herbal blend's are a disaster by them selves, one of your English 'mild' blends, only one I tried besides Spice. Spice felt like placebo, to low a dose inhaled. That other one floored me, litterarly couldn't stand on my feet went to bed with Etizolam and slept it of. Embarassing ;)

As my granny witnessed it, was about to call ambulance weren it that I could coherently speak. Motor skills gone but mind and mouth 120% Just one little bit a 1/4 of what I would smoke of strong weed. So that's how dum these blends are!

During my usage contrary to how normal and lucid I felt from the outside, someone close observed this, I appeared hammered, not like smoking weed. Worse. One of the reason's I stopped that shit eventually.

And if we use Cocaine to Crack as example the synthetic's are kinda like the Crack version of Weed.

Last edited:
And if we use Cocaine to Crack as example the synthetic's are kinda like the Crack version of Weed.

Exactly, they're a worse, more dangerous product designed to take advantage of people who can't get the real thing for one reason or another. Why weed is illegal this shit isn't I'll never understand. But that's about the only reason people use it. If it where the other way around and weed where legal and spice was illegal I don't think many people would go near it and I doubt anyone would complain.

Exactly, they're a worse, more dangerous product designed to take advantage of people who can't get the real thing for one reason or another. Why weed is illegal this shit isn't I'll never understand. But that's about the only reason people use it. If it where the other way around and weed where legal and spice was illegal I don't think many people would go near it and I doubt anyone would complain.

The first synthetics were actually invented because THC and Cannabis are scheduled. They were created to make research on the CB receptor's possible.
J.W.Hoffman/ JWH would himself never inhale one of his inventions I read. He is afraid the concequenses it might have when used for that purpose and feels responseable for his creations.

But after it's quite accurate taking advantage of the law and demand.

Spice gives me a sort of psychedelic high for 15 minutes, then the remainder of the high I just feel stoned.

It can be very uncomfortable in large doses.

Spice gives me a sort of psychedelic high for 15 minutes, then the remainder of the high I just feel stoned.

It can be very uncomfortable in large doses.

You worded it, that first 15 minutes are real intens. And when I had those psychedelic effects that are unique for the synthetic cannabinoids