• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Beginning Opiate Detox with Suboxone - Will Kratom influence Precipitated Withdrawal?

mersic

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

I'm deciding to kick my opiate habit - I have a very low tolerance as I kick once a month to reset my tolerance (only for about 2 or 3 days - also only smoke so my tolerance is never huge) so I'm getting into a seriouse relationship and dont want to bring this demon with me. I have accumulated 10 8mg suboxone which I think should be more than effective considering my low tolerance.

I know I need to wait until withdrawals start to take the sub but I also have alot of work and other things I need to do this week so I'm trying to stay atleast semi functional for the next 24 hours till I can take the sub. I took what I thought would be my last dose of H at 5am yesterday (smoked about .2) slept woke up and then scrapped some tiny residue from the left over H and railed prolly half a point today at 3pm. I also have a bunch of kratom so know I am wondering if I can take the kratom over the next 24hrs until its safe to take the subs or will that still cause them to induce precipitated withdrawal?

Or if anyone has any other advice per the described situation it would be welcome!

Edit: Forgot to mention my plan is to start dosing the subs at 1mg sublingual - figuring out dose once Im there and see what it takes to get the right effects and then cold turkeying the sub after about a week or two

mate don’t CT off the subutex- its longer than heroin. stabilise yourself on the subbies quickly then taper with what you have left.

anything that binds to an opiate receptor will precipitate withdrawals, so kratom will. that's why you have to be in withdrawals to start, you don't want anything binding to those receptors.

it took me longer than i’d have liked to learn that quitting drugs isn’t just about quitting drugs, which is why i failed over and over again without psychological help. i’d strongly urge you to get some in depth psychological help to work out why you’re using and how you can replace what drugs are doing for you in a healthy way.