• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Who am I and what's my caper?

BrianBrain

Greenlighter
A large Hello to all! I've been a lurker for some time but I'm looking forward to participate in discussions. I'm here to learn and to receive advice and hope that what I bring in will be useful or entertaining at the very least.

I'm in a pickle, and will try to condense the backstory. Like so many others, I too have experienced the indescribable benefits of Phenibut. I've suffered from Major Depressive Disorder and Generalised Anxiety Disorder for around 30 years. I'm a reasonably intelligent and talented man and have always had the potential to be awesome, but my brain has kept it all under lock and key. I began looking into cognitive enhancers about four to five years ago and I discovered that Aniracetam could pick that lock, and for the first time in my life I was able to think clearly and solve problems. I was able to access my natural intellect. I think I abused the dose and and to my horror, after a year over a week it ceased to work at all. I waited another year and tried again, but nothing. Then I tried Phenibut. I am prescribed dexamphetamine (as it's called here in Australia) and discovered that the two together were fantastically synergistic and I experienced so much more than the absence of anxiety. I learned about the dangers of not respecting it and quickly established personal boundaries and safety parameters. I recognised the potential for abuse but I wisely maintained controlled use because it was far more beneficial as a supplement than a party drug. It enabled me to be more motivated and creatively inspired than I had ever imagined possible. My music, my singing and my writing was better than it had ever been. Then I fell in love with wood and began teaching myself freehand power carving.

I began to spend a significant amount of money building up my tool base and spent every spare minute collecting wood and practicing shaping it. I had ideas for other wood products and had ideas that would create a very good income stream for myself. I had plans to finally get myself off the Disability Support Pension and set up a business and pay taxes and take my place as a functioning contributor to society. I was actually happy, and for the first time I was ecstatic about the future.

Then one day in 2017 my world crashed down around me as I was horrified to discover that my government's Therapeutic Goods Administration had made the decision to ban Phenibut, placing it under Schedule 9 of banned substances in the same group as heroin. I was gutted beyond belief. It was like taking away my antidepressants without warning or time to ween off them. Soon I began to struggle with life once again. I lost interest and motivation to work with wood and I went back to watching bad TV on a daily basis. I've been heartbroken ever since. My own psychiatrist and doctor both advised me to keep ordering it and hope that it slipped through customs, but my supplier, ******* and all the other reputable sources I had come to know suddenly refused to sell and deliver to Australians. I was grateful to find one sympathetic supplier, but his prices were exorbitant and the quality of his product was poor and lacked the effects I was getting from ***** . I discovered a great alternative with fluorophenibut from *******, but they too suddenly enforced rules that made it impossible to buy.

I've been continuing to order it from the sympathetic supplier because it's better than nothing, and governments laws have effectively made me a criminal. I am desperate to find another supplier. I've been researching my pants off for an alternative. I have tried a long list of potential candidates that haven't even touched the sides. There must be something out there that can activate my creativity and motivation safely through different neurological pathways, but I am overwhelmed by the vast amount of options and the chequered reputations of providers.

I would love to hear from anybody who can advise me. And if there are other Australians reading this I would love you to PM me with your stories, suggestions and strategies.

Thank you for reading my spiel and I look forward to your replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brian, Welcome to Bluelight.

Have you cchecked out the Sober Living or The Dark Side sub forums? I think there's a lot of info there and a bunch of non judgemental folks who can help you sort things out, if you'd like.

I'm going to have to edit out the references to source as Bluelight does not allow discussion of sources. I hope you continue to post here, none the less.