• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Intro for me

Moxymaiden

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,
Geez I?m having a bit of a struggle with my introduction. Ok let?s see. I?m currently a chronic pain patient who was a benzo lover. I take Xtampza twice a day and Percocet for breakthrough. I also take Armodafinil to stay awake enough to be able to work. I?ve been on the opioid merry go round for some time now. Honestly my goal is to get off the pain pills and find an alternative so I can go back to my beloved benzos... alprazolam, lorazepam, restoril I love them all. They made my life so much better. Opioids don?t give me the same effect unfortunately or I?d have it made. My PM dr doesn?t want me to go off the oxy so I?m considering weaning myself off (I hoarded enough medication to be able to do so, I think) but I don?t really know how to do it and I can?t find any good information. Some weeks I feel pretty good but weeks like this one it?s been bad for the pain and I?m popping the percs. Also I want to know if there?s any safer way I could combine both. I asked my Dr and he said well if you take some percs because you?re in pain and then some Ativan because you?re anxious you might end up with a bolus of meds in your stomach that would kill you, so no you can?t take them together. But I mean I?m not an idiot if I take a low dose and I space them apart a few hours I?d be ok no? Especially since I?ve been on oxy for over 8 months now. I just want my benzos back ?

What was your injury when pk's were supplied to you, feel free not to a answer tho. I'm on both of these fences.. I've taken various opioids. Never anything hard or shooting. But I can say I relate to the benzo feeling.

I guess my only advice is to not substitute one drug for another. Always be aware of your actions. It's not a good cycle because eventually benzo will be like being normal so you'll find a substitute. Or you could not. I hope you stay safe.

Welcome to BL:D

Moxymaiden,

You may find the information you're looking for if you use the search function in the sub-forum called Basic Drug Discussion. Changing a regimen is always difficult, and if you need support through it try The Dark Side.

But while you're here with us in NMI, is there anything outside of drugs you enjoy doing?

I'm all ears.

Welcome to Bluelight :)