• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo tolerance reset

zagor11

Bluelighter
Can someone tell me how long does it roughly take to reset your klonopin tolerance as well as ativan? I am almost off of klonopin (I was taking 4 mg 2xday ) and then will quit ativan which I would take the same dose. Now I know everyone is different but just looking for a general idea. Im 6"1 230 lbs

Every one is different. I was taking 2 10mg diazepams and 1 10mg Mogadon daily. And 0.25 Xanax 30 a month. I cut back on my own, I’ve noticed a difference and I was taking this for over a year. I’ve take bentos and opiates all my life... are you trying to quit for good? Or just catch a buzz again ? If your trying to quit for good I can send you the best tiltration methods. It’s an online book basically. But it’s helped thousands of people if not more.

You used it once a week and developed tolerance? I am trying to quit because it no longer helps for my anxiety.

I was just posting a similar thread before I saw this thread. Wondering about when the tolerance lowers.
You wrote that your quitting because the benzo stopped working for the anxiety, I must ask: did you experienced kind of paradoxical reactions too?
I got suddenly paradoxical reactions and wonder if this may be a sign of tolerance withdrawal.

For me 1-2wks is plenty, & I take on average 15mg diazepam daily.

My benzo tolerance tends to reset after 1-2 days of abstinence; but I'm not pushing doses that high.

It varies a lot between people, I take huge doses (like well over 10 mg several times a day) of all sorts of them (including the ultra strong stuff like flunitrazolam, flubromazolam, flualprazolam, clonazolam (although I'm not a huge fan of this one)) for months at a time eventually my tolerance becomes crazy high that even with the powders being dirt cheap it just doesn't work financially + the best effects go away (euphoria) no matter how much I take, so I take a break for a month maybe two (DON'T do this people but I can just quit cold turkey with no wd symptoms other than very vivid dreams because the benzos were suppressing rem sleep), after about 3 weeks 2 mg diazepam gets me about as buzzed as a small beer.

But then you also have people who take much less weaker ones, have to slowly taper off them and remain tolerant for years.

There's no way to know unless you try... and that can be dangerous. If you're going to try my way have a stockpile of diazepam/diclazepam/n-methyl clonazepam/phenazepam/3-oh-phenazepam/... to taper with and be aware that you might be in for a very long taper and have your tolerance fucked for years.

I assume the distribution is normal so you probably lie somewhere in the middle but that's just a guess.

I've been taking benzos for 13 years now, I am currently on 4 clorazepate 50mg and sometimes one extra or 2 bromazepam 12mg extra. I try to stay on the same dose, i bought 2gr clonazolam once and somehow finished that in what i estimate was a few weeks. If I try to quit completely my memory stops working and I get so anxious I would lock myself up and do nothing, I try to manage it aswel with three seroquel 200mg a day and sometimes a trazodone 100mg to sleep. if i quit for one day, I am in trouble. I drink beer all day normally to go along and feel more free than my insecure self. I will try to taper off my benzos and alcohol use completely with 2-f-dck everyday. Minimum 1gr a day. Psychedelics always helped me before with my anxiety but I have not had the right experience in a long while.

I also will quit smoking this way.

tolerance will return to baseline in a month (more or less depending on dose, benzo, duration of dependence, and other factors).

However, after bing dependent on benzos, it becomes much easier and more likely that you will become dependent once again. Moreover, your tolerance will rise more quickly than it did at first.