• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

March Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three weeks without alcohol for myself. It feels great waking up without a hangover but for some reason my body still hasnt learned how to have a restful and energyzing sleep. I feel so groggy in the mornings I may as well have pulled an all nighter drinking...

Oh well it?s nice to be able to keep a budget finally lmao.

I've got almost 9 months mostly sober. I've dabbled here and there with things that don't show up on drug tests because I get random drops for drug court which I'm on to stay out of prison.

I start a new job tonight, so hopefully vthat goes well. Congrats to everyone staying sober or away from problematic use and good luck to everyone trying to get there.

After a month and a half sober, then a two week slip up, i am going sober again starting yesterday.

I find stopping relatively easy, but it's equally as easy to give back in.

My many life goals will prevent me from relapsing, IMO.

After a month and a half sober, then a two week slip up, i am going sober again starting yesterday.

I find stopping relatively easy, but it's equally as easy to give back in.

My many life goals will prevent me from relapsing, IMO.

It's always inspiring to see people have a strong resolve to stay clean after a lapse. Way to go madness! :)

You can always stop in and let us know how it's going.

Congrats on the new job, how did it go?

I've got almost 9 months mostly sober. I've dabbled here and there with things that don't show up on drug tests because I get random drops for drug court which I'm on to stay out of prison.

I start a new job tonight, so hopefully vthat goes well. Congrats to everyone staying sober or away from problematic use and good luck to everyone trying to get there.

Congrats on the new job, how did it go?

It went well thanks for asking. My only problem now is I have to get through another 12 hour shift on no sleep. I had so much bullshit to do I had no time to sleep. This is gonna be rough.

I have 3 days off after this so I will rest up. I'm determined to get back healthy living like I was just a week ago until I started messing around with kratom like an idiot. I really need to stay on the straight and narrow so I don't fuck things up.

Today is sober day number 8 for me. (Mostly just Oxy,norco,lyrica) (MME generally in the 100-200 range) Until now, The longest I've made it in the past 4 years is 5 days. Last year I got off of multiple 100mcg fentanyl patches and went through hell of withdrawals only to replace it with regular use of oxy 5 days later. Unlike previous attempts however, This is the first time I've actually felt like I could make it. I'm starting to come out of acute withdrawals now and I know I've built up a tolerance so much that even if I do use again it's not really going to give me what I'm looking for anymore. I have no desire at this time to try any opioids of any kind because my brain, unlike a seemingly normal PAWS brain, keeps telling myself that it isn't going to do a damn thing but make me have to go through all this shit again. I might feel better for a day or two at most, but the trade off of feeling like shit for another 8+ days after I stop again simply isn't worth it anymore. In the beginning I could get high, and stay high, for literally months at a time, then weeks, now days. It's just not worth what I can get out of it anymore and I'm truly hoping this feeling will stick with me. Not really sure where I'm going with this story but I guess even though I'm not currently "happy" (yet) I'm just happy to finally be where I'm at, which is further than I've been in a long time.

Congratulations on the job

Thank you. Unfortunately things are fucked up now. I was so tired form the lack of sleep that I forgot to check if I had a drop on Friday for drug court(have to check every morning to see if I have to drop that day or not). And of course when I checked it later it said I did but it was way too late by this time. So I missed it, which is going to look like I did it on purpose because I was dirty which was not the case. Also, I missed checking in that same day because I didn't set an alarm like an idiot and the reminder that I did have set in my phone calendar was set for 10 P.M. instead of A.M. Fuck!!! They're probably gonna sanction me and lock me back up when I go to court tuesday.

The check in isn't THAT bad, but the missed drop on top of it is gonna look really bad. And they already warned me about missing anything because of this job. And honestly, I don't see these hours working out with all the shit I have to do or drug court and I also can't see myself working some shitty job for even lower pay that has a more flexible schedule. So I'm honestly thinking about withdrawind from the program and just doing the prison time. I really don't wanna be away from my daughter and family, and definitely don't want the slew of felonies that I caught going on my record, but I'm feeling backed into a corner.

This fucking sucks. And I hadn't been in any trouble for years before this. Then two days on fucking benzos I got prescribed at the E.R. to get off alcohol and on the second day I commit a bunch of stupid spur of the moment crimes to try to make my rent money. And I almost didn't get caught but I made one amazingly stupid mistake due to being fucked up on the pills that got me caught.(not that I didn't totally deserve to get caught, what I did was incredibly stupid and it fucked innocent people) Should have just stuck with drinking, I wasn't doing anything really crazy on that. Fuck my life. Sorry for rambling, just need to vent.

Benzos are fucking evil. The only times I've been involuntary taken to a hospital/arrested was under the influence ol EtOH and benzos. It's an evil, evil combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.