• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 398: The Light and The Dark (VOTING CLOSED)

Please choose your favorite photo from the first post of this thread!

• 1. Shady's Fox

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • 2. bptubbs

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 3. Shadowmeister

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 4. leet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. Zopiclone Bandit

• 6. Phenethylo J

• 7. Subversionist

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 8. F.U.B.A.R.

• 9. mal3volent

• 10. hydroazuanacaine

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • 11. chinup

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • 12. Allure

• 13. BehindtheShadow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED, VOTING OPEN! Please get your votes in. We'll leave this open for at least a week.

Here are your candidates:

1. Shady's Fox
Ucyqmuv.jpg

2. bptubbs
IQeGTfH.jpg

3. Shadowmeister
DdCpV5j.jpg

4. leet
4GmZJTV.png

5. Zopliclone Bandit
guXJWB4.jpg

6. Phenthylo J
iWBXmRV.png

7. Subversionist
MkgtZkX.jpg

8. F.U.B.A.R.
NnXqk9c.jpg

9. mal3volent
4lIkZzO.jpg

10. hydroazuanacaine
FV0Qb0X.jpg

11. chinup
hYeuugi.jpg

12. Allure
Jke5IDB.jpg

13. BehindtheShadow
X7r6nyP.jpg

=================================================================================================================================

This round's theme is THE LIGHT AND THE DARK
as selected by your reigning Beastmaster and moderator extraordinaire: F.U.B.A.R.

Any subject matter is acceptable as long as it is significantly enhanced by the effect of natural or artificial lighting (or lack of). This could include a combination of highlights, shadows, reflections, sun rays, lens flare etc. (but no filters or image processing allowed). The aim is to achieve an atmospheric image that oozes class!

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules

1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.​
  2. Submissions will be taken until March 31st.​
  3. Voting will open from April 1st to April 14th.​
  4. Photographs or variations of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.​
  5. Photographs must be your original work.​
  6. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.​
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].​
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.​
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.

7. This contest, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Lord of Light (or Lord of Darkness if he or she prefers).​
  8. PS don't be boring! Don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competitors.​

Previous thread here

Win the contest and earn a new custom profile title in time for the beginning of Spring, when the light begins to dissolve the shadows. It also comes with special discounts in the staff canteen!!!

Submit as many entries as you want and get feedback on them. But you'll have to pick one for the final submission on March 31st

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Great start! I particularly like your first one, Winter. And tubbs, this is my favorite photo of yours I've seen yet.

This is a photo I took while camping at a wolf sanctuary in the mountains in Colorado, in black and white:

oPliSIh.jpg

Wow those are some exceptional photos Shady, especially that viaduct one, very eerie.

Tubbs already knows I like the garage shot ;-) and that's also a really satisfying professional looking pic shadow.

Not sure I have anything for this round, but I hope hydroazuanacaine posts something as she's done some excellent work before on this theme iirc :)

Zopiclone Bandit, if I recall, has a lot of great stuff he used to post in the photography thread that would really fit the bill, too.

Can you believe that shot is just using my iPhone 5? Those things can really take some great pictures.

There are already some excellent entries. But I've just realised that having suggested this theme, I've got absolutely fuck all to submit...

Hehe, shot yourself in the foot, didja?

It's never too late to take some photos.

Hmm, I'll work on varying the theme

Sun, clouds and sea takes a lot of beating imo mate.

But have you noticed how straight those horizons are? Definite proof that the Earth is flat... ;)

Thanks Shadow
I love Winter's second photo and of course my Tubbs is always a master! Lovely pics everyone

I'm sorry this is very similar to my entry in the last compo, but it's the best I've got at the moment...

Your pug is a real star. :) What's his/her name?

She's called Myla and is nearly a year old.

Now I know how the breed got that name, as she's a right pugnacious little shit - but cute with it :)