• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Full spectrum indica oral tincture vs. 12h extended release capsules of the stuff fx

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
I got some Liquid Gold Indica full spectrum that's apparently 1mg per drop and I have to say it's hard to get the sweet spot, I'm at the bottom of the vial (it's orally active because its mixed with coconut oil), if you mean like hash oil (people call it that even if it's made from weed around here, it's not like one can know), I found that it is better orally but my god, this afternoon when it came up after 3 hours I had such insane anxiety I thought I was gonna die, I'm feeling really good right now though, it completes the oxycodone-CR really well and I can take less of it. Yes it can help anxiety, but take tiny doses if you come across something like this. I'm confused a little because I first hard some caps of the same brand, Liquid Gold, Indica too, but they were like pills that extend the length and invariably kicks in less hard, and they were 50mg, 12 hour capsules, I liked those better than the than the hard to gauge dosage from the dropper, that often drops more than it should, a bit.

So, how is 50mg over 12 hours, which is a hefty dose, if taking say 7 drops that would equal 7mg, sublingually for a little while, 2 minutes then drank away and that will have a much harsher come up, which is inexistant with those 12 hour THC capsules. I mean, it doesn't follow the typical XL/XR/ER/SR/whatever for medication, unless the liquid is stronger than indicated. Say 5mg or 5 drops is fine but 7mg is so drastically stronger when I could handle 50mg if stretched over 12 hours easily.

It was a really uncomfortable panic attack-like state with I guess psychosomatic effects about heart or breathing, but once the come up was done with, I was just fine, hell, even more than fine, I feel jello-y all over in my muscles and it's doing exactly what I take it for.

Strange stuff here, can somebody try to explain this discrepancy?

The numbers don't add up but there very well could be a few different reasons for this happening.

1) Sublingual administration has a much faster come-up than oral dosing, which can make for a "rough" ride if you aren't dosing accordingly.

2) Set and setting can make the difference between a bad and a good trip. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

3) Oils can also separate out of solution given enough time, so it's possible that you hit a "hot spot" and you were actually dosing much larger than you thought. Since the pills can't "crash out of solution", or if they do they simply stay in the same pill, your pills will be more consistent in this area.

Thanks, w01fg4ng. I think 3) might be the reason here, I don't really sub the oil for very long 30 seconds-2 minutes. It's coconut oil mixed with thc oil, tastes pretty good even, compared to making firecrackers with buds at home, but I know sublingual is a stronger route for many things. Could be the bottom of the vial was getting old and the oils seperating, I thought this could be, but I was more sold on the fact that the dropper wasn't very precise when it came to "drops", almost likely I was dosing higher than I thought most of the time, slightly pressing the dropper released more than a drop, I'm pretty sure of that.

I'm able eat heafty psychedelic doses and I still get anxiety from 50mgs THC all at once. Like you said in can induce a panic attack, happened to me at work...which made it even worse. If i take 30mgs though I will be fine and usually dose another 20mgs five hours later. This is with Gummies from the dispensary my buddy gets. For some reason they don't contain any CBD which I think is part of the issue.

I prefer to make my own oil on the stove top using regular Vegtable Oil. Then I like to make brownies out of it, I use an Eighth of very High-Quality Cannabis generally of a Sativa strain. This is full spectrum and I can eat a higher dose, I get 12 brownies per batch. I would guess they are around 80mgs each gauged by how store bought edibles feel to me. I grind up the weed real fine and drop it in a small pot of the oil I will use for the brownies. Heat it up for like 4-5 minutes until the room strongly smells of marijuana, I stir it constantly and once the oil bubbles kill the heat. Then I continue to stir it another 5 minutes, let it cool and then add it to the mixing bowl of other ingredients. This method works VERY well in my experience. You could add that oil to whichever food you like, but I prefer cookies/brownies in which I wrap in tinfoil and put in the freezer inside a zip lock.

So yeah, maybe you can try this in the future. The effects are very pleasurable and it's pretty inexpensive. I've actually stopped smoking weed all together. I eat one of these when I wake up on work days, when I have off two of them spaces out. I'm in agreement when you spoke of them synergistically working with opiates. This combination allows me to spend my days pain free. I've been eating edibles everyday for so long I'm forgetting what it's like to be completely sober...but I don't really care.

Wish you luck finding the sweet spot my friend :)

~Charlie

Last edited: