• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Mexican Church Rebukes Holy Child of Huachicolero, Patron Saint of Gas Thieves

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
He only appeared two years ago but Mexico?s newest folk saint is already being condemned by the Catholic Church in Mexico as worse than Santa Muerte. The Holy Child of Huachicolero (Santo Ni?o Huachicolero) appeared out of nowhere on social media in 2016 and has caused such consternation that both the Archbishop of Puebla and more recently, the Archdiocese of Mexico have rebuked the surreal folk saint as worse than Santa Muerte because it?s a blasphemous distortion of the Christ Child Himself.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thegl...uerte/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=share_bar

Huh, interesting. The article isn't super descriptive... is it intended specifically to provide moral protection for stealing gasoline, or is the article just focusing on that because it's why society cares about it so much?

is it intended specifically to provide moral protection for stealing gasoline

All folk saints are there to protect their devotees, tapping the line to steal petrol is a very dangerous act as you can imagine & people need a saint to guard them as they go about their act.

I'm not sure how great your Spanish is but lmfao..........

Hmmm... this thing I do is dangerous, how do I get God to protect me? ...I KNOW! I'll put a siphoning hose in the hand of a Jesus doll, and invent a new spiritual deity! Everyone knows that makes it real!

People are weird. =D

Hmmm... this thing I do is dangerous, how do I get God to protect me? ...I KNOW! I'll put a siphoning hose in the hand of a Jesus doll, and invent a new spiritual deity! Everyone knows that makes it real!

People are weird. =D

lol

I've never got over the first time I saw the first RATM (Rage Against The Machine) album cover with the photo of Thich Quang Duc on, even through all he went through his heart never burned & it is still in a temple on public display to this day...........

He was reppin' the Patron Saint of Petrol way before it took off in Mexico I feel =D