MY FEST (make your own lineup)

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
Required:
List a lineup you'd want at a festival you would want for YOU. You can jump genres all you wish - make yourself happy. We will restrict this to artists who could actually come to your festival. This means, you can't say "Pink Floyd with Richard Wright on keyboards" because Richard Wright is dead. However, you could put the "Police" because all members are still alive, and in theory, could have a reunion for your festival.

List anyone you like that is feasible, get a lineup of 5-10 artists that would make you happy. Tell us why you'd pick them, which order you'd have them play, and any must-have songs you'd make them put on their playlist.

Optional:
Pick a venue you'd hold it at, and tell us why. You are able to steal an existing festival if you choose, and set up your fest on a given stage.

Cool idea. We should be able to do one like you said and one where we could put anyone living or dead (every act would be in their prime). I have to think.

Aye, that was the plan for the second round - pick anyone, living or dead. Hell, make a mash up band of your favorite people.

Honestly, I'm still struggling myself with this one. Have to check that some of my retired bands can still come together and perform.

My best attempt would be a Techno lineup with:

Charlotte de Witte
Ellen Allien
ANNA
Chris Liebing and Speedy J
Sven Vath
maybe Carl Cox/Richie Hawtin/Jeff Mills (I wouldnt mind Mills spinning vinyl and Hawtin doing minimal)

At a Tomorrowland-esque venue where the crowds didn't suck

At least someone playing Murder Was The Bass.

I wouldn't mind an ambient snoozer with:

Boards of Canada
Aphex Twin (doing ambient only)
Steve Roach
GAS
Harold Budd
maybe Eno doing An Ending (Ascent) live or something

Well, so much for having Prodigy on the list (Keith Flint, dead at 49)

I'm still thinking this over, but I can sketch out some of my thoughts to start with:

I'd kick it off with The Stone Roses at sunset, to ease into the evening.

Likely New Order second, to give a little more energy, and stick with my 90's sound for the opening.

I'm seeing ACDC with Brian Johnson out front (Axl on vocals is like Van Hagar...ok experiment, but not what I want), they'd be somewhere 3-4 in the lineup when I needed to kick
things up a bit.

Back half will be electronica that I need to sort out,

I'm torn on the last two acts. I'd love to have U2 with Joshua Tree tour material to close out and send the crowds home singing "How long...", but I also would likely want my favorite ever to be the climax to the evening - that being Orbital. I suppose it depends upon if I've been using substances and riding the electronica waves and look for Orbital to close...or if I'm sober and want to sing my way back to the car.

I'll think a bit more on it.

Last edited:
wow Flint dead, suicide. That's crazy! Will never see them live together again! DEEP

Does anyone know how to make professional looking festival posters? Like with photoshop or whatever? It would be cool to see our fantasy lineups on a poster like it was really gonna happen....

Hahahaha....yeah, hadn't thought of that. Maybe I'll give it a horrible paintshop effort :D

I suck. So...sure!

= = = =

Decided to shift to bands on the first half, electronic on the back half.

The Stone Roses at sunset with groovy tones
New Order - transition from groovy to energy
ACDC - take the energy up to 11
Rush - soften the energy a bit
U2 - fading down the energy, catch your breath, drop you pills
- intermission, piss break -
Hybrid - waiting for the drugs to kick in
DJ Craze vs Pendulum (subject to change) - dnb to kick hard
Stanton Warriors vs Plump DJs - ride the dnb down a bit
<need one more transition act>
Orbital through sunrise with that good ol' wasted and cracked out feeling. Exhausted bliss.

Every musician,dj or producer in the world on one stage. on the other stage, you're the performer and I'm the only one dancing because I really enjoy your music.

Ok, this is night one of my three night (each night has a theme) festival with no rules.

yZzYyZ9.jpg

two more nights to come

Last edited:
...sorry Mal3volent, but is there any way you could possibly enhance/enlarge that image?...struggling with the small print here

That's odd. It looks fine to me. Can't you simply magnify it or like reverse pinch or whatever

^those goddamn underpaid workers in Asia failed to put a, 'reverse pinch' button on my kehbored! :)

...Modest Mouse looks good tbf ;)

Last edited: