Anyone else experiencing broken images when posting a reply or init a thread?

RedHat

Bluelighter
A while ago when I posted a thread, I noticed that the WYSIWYG editor images were mostly broken. I didn't think much of it, but that was a couple months ago, and it's still doing it for me.

Right now, I'm at my home network, on an ASYS laptop running Linux Mint. Previously, I was at my work, on a MBP running OSX. The issue has the same symptoms in both environments, and when I send links to the broken images to others (not on my network), they get the same 404 (example link: https://www.bluelight.org/vb/images/aria/misc/blog/top-highlight.png), so I'm pretty certain it's not just me.

My current IP address is 70.59.225.205

Here's a screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/ay5Xkgn

This isn't really a big deal to me, since I can figure out what the buttons are and I don't post too much, but I figured maybe I'm not the only one with this issue.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Thanks.

Totally different OS but I solved that problem by changing the style sheet to "vB4 Default Style."

Good luck, let us know how that works.

W R

Totally different OS but I solved that problem by changing the style sheet to "vB4 Default Style."

Good luck, let us know how that works.

W R

Heyyy, there ya go! Easy enough fix. Took a sec to find how to set the theme, lol.

Still, the admins may want to set that as the default then, or fix the other theme. Just an idea.

Apparently whatever browser Redhat is using is ignoring the default style sheet which, as you have stated, is set for vB4 style sheet as default. Mine does the same thing, I don't try to figure why beyond getting things to work. It never hurts to try to set things manually if you know the correct value.

Apparently whatever browser Redhat is using is ignoring the default style sheet which, as you have stated, is set for vB4 style sheet as default. Mine does the same thing, I don't try to figure why beyond getting things to work. It never hurts to try to set things manually if you know the correct value.

Touche... Also just occurred to me that the only similarity is that I use Chrome/Chromium. So you may be dead on.

Chromium70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 19 (64-bit)
Revision0f6ce0b0cd63a12cb4eccea3637b1bc9a29148d9-refs/branch-heads/3538@{#1039}
OSLinux
JavaScriptV8 7.0.276.32
Flash(Disabled)
User AgentMozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu Chromium/70.0.3538.77 Chrome/70.0.3538.77 Safari/537.36
Command Line/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser --enable-pinch --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
Executable Path/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser
Profile Path/home/jhyland/.config/chromium/Default

asdf

I'm just an old lady who uses computers but knows nothing about what y'all are talking about! My issue is that I can make one post, but then when I try to make another in the same session it tells me I have to log in again. It shows me as logged in but if I hit the login button then I'm OK. It's likely something I'm doing wrong, but do you have a fix for it? When I was here a lot about a year ago I didn't have that problem. BTW, if it matters I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. (and please don't make fun of me--I will never ever buy a Toshiba again, it was a deal involving a relative and I couldn't back out of it)

I'm just an old lady who uses computers but knows nothing about what y'all are talking about! My issue is that I can make one post, but then when I try to make another in the same session it tells me I have to log in again. It shows me as logged in but if I hit the login button then I'm OK. It's likely something I'm doing wrong, but do you have a fix for it? When I was here a lot about a year ago I didn't have that problem. BTW, if it matters I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. (and please don't make fun of me--I will never ever buy a Toshiba again, it was a deal involving a relative and I couldn't back out of it)

No it's not you or anything you're doing wrong. Sometimes checking the box "Remember Me" just beneath where you enter your name and password can help. It's also a good practice to copy your post before you hit "Post Quick Reply", esp on the longer ones.

Another feature that can help if you do lose a post after having to re-log on or refresh is the "restore auto saved content" button that shows up in small letters at the lower left of the reply box you're typing in. One other thing I've noticed is that the more you post, the less you're required to Refresh or re-logon before it accepts your post.

Hope that helps LopLover :)