• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Novel benzodiazepine: Imidazenil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jekyll

Greenlighter
Imidazenil is a benzodiazepine drug that does not build tolerance and maintains efficacy after continuous dosing. Wikipedia states the following:

Imidazenil[1] is an experimental anxiolytic drug which is derived from the benzodiazepine family, and is most closely related to other imidazobenzodiazepines such as midazolam, flumazenil, and bretazenil.
Imidazenil is a highly potent benzodiazepine receptor partial agonist[2] with an unusual profile of effects, producing some of the effects associated with normal benzodiazepines such as anticonvulsant and anxiolytic effects, yet without any notable sedative or amnestic[3] effects. In fact, imidazenil blocks the sedative effects of diazepam, yet without lowering the convulsion threshold,[4] and so potentially could be a more flexible antidote than the antagonist flumazenil which is commonly used to treat benzodiazepine overdose at present.
Imidazenil has not yet been developed commercially for use in humans, however it has been suggested as a safe and effective treatment for anxiety,[5] a potent yet non-sedating anticonvulsant which might be particularly useful in the treatment of poisoning with organophosphate nerve agents,[6][7] and as a novel treatment for schizophrenia.[8]

-----

With such an amazing compound that could be the ideal solution to GAD, social anxiety, ~snip~

Thread preserved for drug discussion only. No synth discussion, sorry. -CH

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry man, as interesting a topic as this is, we can?t be discussing that here :(

-GC

I don't want a partial agonist I want to go back in time where downers were stronger. Sounds interesting though.

200px-Imidazenil_structure.svg.png

No sedative or amnesia effects? Quite disappointing. Sedation is the #1 thing I need from BZD's and I would never use this chemical.

Very intriguing though; for the people who find regular BZD's all too addictive.

^^^You speaking of the days of barbiturates and ludes? Yea sounds like the downers were more desirable back in the day. I tried Etaqualone once and if it?s anything like Qualludes then I missed out.

My dad still talks em up, they used to call them ?gorilla biscuits? cuz of their size and also because, according to him, they made you strong/invincible in a way similar to PCP though obviously nowhere near as intense. Note that my dad was one bad MF that hung around an interesting crowd so YMMV lol.

I found Etaqualone pretty damn euphoric and horny, but too short lasting.

Sorry for the tangent, thanks for keeping this open I?m curious about this one..

-GC

I don't want a partial agonist I want to go back in time where downers were stronger. Sounds interesting though.

200px-Imidazenil_structure.svg.png

No sedative or amnesia effects? Quite disappointing. Sedation is the #1 thing I need from BZD's and I would never use this chemical.

Very intriguing though; for the people who find regular BZD's all too addictive.
I want midazolam analogs (the nitro version should be very good), phenazolam, pynazolam, the thieno versions of clam/fnlam/flam (since they seem to be stronger a bit than benzos), desmethyltriazolam, and a GHB analog that's actually as good as the original :)

^^^You speaking of the days of barbiturates and ludes? Yea sounds like the downers were more desirable back in the day. I tried Etaqualone once and if it?s anything like Qualludes then I missed out.

I am sure I would particularly like barbiturates. They are still obtainable though and I will try them one day.

The quaaludes intrigue me less. I have no experience with them though, and reserve judgement.

I'd be interested in something in between like Bretazenil, it's more sedative and potent than diazepam, binds to α1, α2, α3, α4, α5 and α6 subunits containing GABAA receptor benzodiazepine receptor complexes, which is 2 more than the classic 1,4-benzos and has less tolerance or withdrawal problems. They're cross tolerant with classic benzos also. With the direction the war on opioids is heading I'm sure the 1,5-benzos/ partial agonist will be forced on us sooner or later though.

Like the new pain meds in the works:

The future of pain control?? No fun but gets the job done??

A bifunctional nociceptin and mu opioid receptor agonist is analgesic without opioid side effects in nonhuman primates

AT-121 suppressed oxycodone’s reinforcing effects and exerted morphine-like analgesic effects in nonhuman primates. AT-121 treatment did not induce side effects commonly associated with opioids, such as respiratory depression, abuse potential, opioid-induced hyperalgesia, and physical dependence. Our results in nonhuman primates suggest that bifunctional NOP/MOP agonists with the appropriate balance of NOP and MOP agonist activity may provide a dual therapeutic action for safe and effective pain relief and treating prescription opioid abuse.

http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/10/456/eaar3483

Last edited:
tried Etaqualone once and if it?s anything like Qualludes then I missed out.[/QUOTE]
I tried ethaqualone and mebroqualone and they are pretty shitty. Qualludes are supposedly much much better.

We're having trouble getting to B and not A. Any help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been researching this compound in more detail and found that this compound was cross-referenced against bretazenil, another GABA alpha 5 PAM for the treatment of schizophrenia and BPD, and was equally as effective as traditional AP's at treating these disorders. It's actually a fun fact that GABA agonists like Diazepam are effective at treating schizophrenia and psychosis, which is abundantly clear to anyone involved in combating stimulant-induced psychosis. The game changer quality of Imidazenil is that it lacks tolerance and dependence liability unlike traditional agonists and partial agonists, which lose their efficacy through receptor internalization and other compensatory mechanisms associated with agonists and some partial agonists.

IMO all RC benzos are weak as fuck. I have to take shitloads of them and even then it's still a minor effect. Diclazepam was the worst out of all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.