• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best starter psychedelic?

I will agree that at 10-15mg 2C-B is generally benign and doesn't hold much potential for bad trips if any.

IMHO: take MDMA or a related entactogen/emphatogen like 5-MAPB or 6-APB - they are psychedelics, just the psychopharmacological action is different. 2C-B is somehow in between entactogens/emphatogens and LSD/Psilocybin-containing mushrooms/Mescaline/DMT/5-MeO-DMT. This is because the action of 2C-B mostly goes through the 5HT2C receptor, not so much the 5HT2A receptor.

PS: I have tried all the compounds mentioned in this post.

Last edited:
IMHO: take MDMA or a related entactogen/emphatogen like 5-MAPB or 6-APB - they are psychedelics, just the psychopharmacological action is different. 2C-B is somehow in between entactogens/emphatogens and LSD/Psilocybin-containing mushrooms/Mescaline/DMT/5-MeO-DMT. This is because the action of 2C-B mostly goes through the 5HT2C receptor, not so much the 5HT2A receptor.

PS: I have tried all the compounds mentioned in this post.

I'd consider cannabis to be more psychedelic than MDMA.

This is true for me as well, especially cannabis is more visual than MDMA.

I could not disagree more, as per my experience and that of anyone I've rolled with MDMA will alter visual in the same way, although to a lesser degree, as phenethylamine and tryptamine psychedelics do, via 5HT2A agonism, which cannabis lacks entirely.
Please also remember that around 20% of the MDMA one ingests gets metabolised into MDA, which is hallucinogenic.
I have never had any visual when using only Cannabis, although it does potentiate the visual effects of hallucinogens for me.

Although cannabis is more psychedelic than MDMA in my opinion, I consider neither of them a 'true' psychedelic. Only oral cannabis can come close to that level of altered perception of reality. Neither of them is very visual for me (oral cannabis can be visual though), but 5-MEO-DMT isn't visual either and we consider it a powerful psychedelic. Still, to experience true psychedlia, I say try some acid or shrooms. They aren't bad as first time psychs, as long as you use common sense (set, setting and dose).

I agree that neither MDMA or cannabis are proper psychedelics, MDMA is an entactogenic stim with some mild psychedelic effects.

There is usually a trade-off between ease and insight in my experience. AL-LAD, 4-AcO-MET, 2C-B, C, or D are easygoing, but for me lack the depth and magic that the somewhat more intimidating 4-AcO-DMT (or mushrooms. Or ayahuasca) can provide. The discussion as to whether starting with a gentle psychedelic is beneficial or necessary hasn't been settled yet in my view.

Good point. The question is, have you actually prepared yourself for the psychedelic experience by taking a 'gentle' substance? An essential part of the experience is to undergo challenging feelings if they occur and to learn to work through them. They will give you true insight, and when you conquer them you can get real euphoria (unlike MDMA euphoria).

This discussion also leads to the interpretation of the term 'bad trip'. Experiencing strong difficult feelings does not equal a bad trip! You can undergo very powerful emotions while tripping, but if you can manage to work through them and not run away from them, you will come out feeling healed. The true power of psychedelics is to open you up and to learn. That will not always be easy, but if done right it will be very rewarding.

An actual bad trip is one that has no net positive outcome. This can happen when you react the wrong way when things get rough. When you recoil in fear and just want it to end it's difficult to get something out of the experience. It's just like in real life, only more intimidating because of the altered state. Also, ignoring set, setting and dose can end up in actual bad trips, where people freak out in public because they took more than they could handle in that situation and the cops get called or something.

So I stick with my advice for first timers, take a classic psychedelic like shrooms or acid, and take proper care of set, setting and dose.

My first time, I took half of a 3.5g chocolate. So, probably 1.5 to 2g's. I hadn't done anything but drink to that point. And I hadn't drank in 2 years. So I was as close to a altered state virgin as you could be.

It was one of the best days of my life.

I agree with the majority of the above posters. Mushrooms or Acid. 2 heads on the Mount Rushmore of psychs. And the 2 easiest to get.
'

Ungelsene_bettlek- In your response to my post all you had to say was ?read my posts better.?

Well good sir I read it just fine. YOU state you?ve never tried MDMA or MDA. Empathogenic RC?s don?t cut it my friend. I was simply stating you shouldn?t be telling others about drugs you?ve never tried. After re-reading your post again, I was correct.

Maybe you should read your own posts better?

You are what?s wrong with the psychedelic community these days. People that talk about these substances and mystical states yet haven?t even tried what they are talking about.

After reading further on it appears you are a liar... Dude I really don?t see how you feel cool lying about the drugs you?ve taken.

-GC

N.B.: I have never done MDMA nor MDA yet, but similar RC drugs (5-MAPB (very similar to MDMA) and 6-APB (very similar to MDA.)

You sir are a liar. I love how you later on in a post state at the end ?I?ve taken all drugs I speak of in this post.? Like some disclaimer to prove your legit.

Also the APB?s are similar, but nowhere near enough for you to talk definitively like you?ve tried them. MDMA and 5-MAPB are both amazing but I could easily tell them apart blindfolded.

-GC

An essential part of the experience is to undergo challenging feelings if they occur and to learn to work through them. They will give you true insight, and when you conquer them you can get real euphoria [...]

This discussion also leads to the interpretation of the term 'bad trip'. Experiencing strong difficult feelings does not equal a bad trip! You can undergo very powerful emotions while tripping, but if you can manage to work through them and not run away from them, you will come out feeling healed. The true power of psychedelics is to open you up and to learn. That will not always be easy, but if done right it will be very rewarding.

An actual bad trip is one that has no net positive outcome. This can happen when you react the wrong way when things get rough. When you recoil in fear and just want it to end it's difficult to get something out of the experience. It's just like in real life, only more intimidating because of the altered state. Also, ignoring set, setting and dose can end up in actual bad trips, where people freak out in public because they took more than they could handle in that situation and the cops get called or something.

So I stick with my advice for first timers, take a classic psychedelic like shrooms or acid, and take proper care of set, setting and dose.

Well said donvliet

I wouldnt bother with 2cb personally. Its neither here nor there.

Contrary to a lot of ppl on here I find MDMA to be includable in the psychedelic class. But definitely not a "classic" psychedelic..it has a very specific role.

I'm gonna go with mushrooms or LSD as the best first timer PD. Set and setting.

More exotic RC choices still suitable for that first trip would be 4-aco-dmt, al-lad, any of 1p-LSD 1a-lsd 1b-lsd

Please don?t advise beginners to combine drugs. This combo is difficult for a fairly substantial group of people, even among experienced trippers.

I should have written, that if you love pot smoking herb while tripping is an excellent combination. Just because you cannot handle it or had a bad trip does not mean that everyone else will.

Nevertheless, marijuana is well-known to cause bad trips because it potentiates them so much. I read a LOT of trip reports and answer a lot of threads in here by people who had bad trips and I can't tell you how many times people indicate that everything was fine until they smoked weed, even if they're daily smokers who enjoy weed. I love weed but I don't smoke weed on trips a lot of the time because it adds an element that makes it much less comfortable and more difficult. Because of this, I think people should state this to beginners. Someone should always experience a trip without weed or any other drugs before they try a combination. This is true of any drug. Furthermore, it is a good idea to state to beginners that if they start to feel anxious while tripping, smoking weed will do the opposite of calm it down and reduce anxiety,

Ayahuasca

regards,

Winter

Seriously? I hope you are joking, only I doubt you are. I know in some extremely primitive and backwards cultures in countries that literally are shitholes compared to the rest of the modern civilized world, they give it to young kids or teens; but it is not something that most people should use or that adults should use as a first time psychedelic drug.

Meh, people make a big deal out of ayahuasca, but I think that's a feature of ayahuasca's social construction in the west. We have created an expectation of it being an overwhelmingly powerful experience, but it's dose dependent like anything else. A light dose of ayahuasca would be more suitable than a heavy dose of LSD. It's a lot shorter, for one.

Honestly, ayahuasca would be a great choice given that it has a lot of the cognitive lightness of a base tryptamine compared to, say, 4-HO-DMT. Unfortunately, working with natural products makes dosing unpredictable for a novice. Add to that the inconsistencies of enzyme inhibiting and the purging, and it ceases to be a good candidate for someone new to psychedelics.

For an experienced traveler, though, a light dose of ayahuasca can add a nice sparkle to the day.

See ayahuasca, misconceptions:
http://disregardeverythingisay.com/post/16326142673/ayahuasca-broken-down-and-described

I personally find ayahuasca /oral dmt to be very hard to dose.
Sometimes a dose of 100mg dmt will floor me and other times i barely feel it.
I know the amount of harmala will also be a factor but i still find it hard to dose.

Usually i end up going quite deep with it since i usually take a little extra for safe measure.