• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can weed increase your tobacco addiction?

keops

Greenlighter
I have been smoking 5 cigs per day for years. Then, recently, since I smoked weed for the first time with a friend, I find myself craving more. Has this happened to any of you guys?

The exact opposite happened to me. When I started smoking weed, I felt like I craved less. I suspect it really depends mostly on the individual.

I also eat more, even though it's been almost two weeks since I smoked the weed.

The exact opposite happened to me. When I started smoking weed, I felt like I craved less. I suspect it really depends mostly on the individual.

I jave to agree with this because for me when i smoke weed i actually dislike cigarettes and even just the smell when I'm baked puts me of. Weird how we react differently.

I find mixing it does as it makes the cannabis and tobacco stronger wouldnt say smoking cannabis pure would make u crave a cigsrette

I had a similar reaction as White_Rose where the more I consumed cannabis the less I smoked, but I had friends who were completely different. Some loved smoking "chops" which were tobacco and ground weed out of a bong. It's a gnarly headrush, but I never really felt the weed so I wasn't a fan, but I had friends who went through pipe tobacco bags for their chops. They'd chop like every hour or two and felt cigs were too weak.

I had a similar reaction as White_Rose where the more I consumed cannabis the less I smoked, but I had friends who were completely different. Some loved smoking "chops" which were tobacco and ground weed out of a bong. It's a gnarly headrush, but I never really felt the weed so I wasn't a fan, but I had friends who went through pipe tobacco bags for their chops. They'd chop like every hour or two and felt cigs were too weak.

i agree, and tobacco added to raw cannabis just kills the high of the weed with the head rush tobacco adds which i dislike very much. So its either clean green or nothing. If you wanna mix then i will just roll my own clean joint rather

It can, but only if you're the type that regularly mixes the two. Eventually it can get to the point where smoking weed makes you crave a cigarette, and where smoking a cigarette can make you crave some tree.

It definitely wouldn't happen all of a sudden, though. Addiction and forming new bad habits tend to take time and dedication.

orb pus

It can, but only if you're the type that regularly mixes the two. Eventually it can get to the point where smoking weed makes you crave a cigarette, and where smoking a cigarette can make you crave some tree.

It definitely wouldn't happen all of a sudden, though. Addiction and forming new bad habits tend to take time and dedication.

orb pus

nam rekkeL

Why it should? If you are a regular tobacco smoker like me then you will not feel anything from it even if you mix them.

regards,

Winter

i don't smoke weed but if weed increase tobacco addition then its serious!! smoking marijuana clearly damages the human lung.

For me its entirely dependent on the strain. Sativa makes me want to smoke more, but smoking an indica dominant strain cuts back on my cigarette intake. I smoke pall mall reds, which are packed with nicotine and tar and shit though, that may have something to do with it.

i agree with most of the other replies. when i started smoking weed i stopped caring about nicotine. i did start using again to give a little bump to my high and that's when it grabbed me. then i ran out of weed and was stuck with a mild nicotine addiction. i kicked it and just want to stay away from it now. weed helped alot though.

Smoking tobacco and weed together in the same bowl/joint/pipe gives a different effect and is far more addictive (as in habit forming and hard to quit) than just weed or tobacco.
Speaking from lots of anecdotal experience, mine and many friends'.

The joint was mixed with tobacco.

If you roll joints or spliffs with tobacco then absolutely. For me, smoking cannabis made me smoke tobacco a lot less; but I never mixed tobacco in pipes, bongs, or joints/spliffs.

I was never really a daily smoker of cigarettes and would just occasionally a few times a year, smoke cigars mainly with friends when we would party or go to concerts.

I've noticed the same thing, but for me it's very psychological.
The act of smoking itself is actually addictive. (People don't become psychologically addicted to nicotine by nicotine patches.)
And every time I smoke weed, I have the urge to smoke a cigarette too.
Or I just have the urge to smoke more weed because its right in front of me, but I'm already stoned. So I smoke another cig ?

The act of smoking does have something going on visually, but mostly it is more addictive due to the speed of the delivery.