• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Whats your experience with smoking Vicodin?

yo_roxxy

Greenlighter
I have some hydrocodone 5/325 that I usually crush and snort. Ive heard mixed things that snorting or smoking them are better. Obviously taking it intravenously would produce better or faster results, but I will not try that method. Was wondering if I should try smoking them or stick to snorting and if I do smoke it, what would be a safe amount. I used to drink it using cwe method, but I actually prefer to snort them.

Last edited:
The snorting might be a bit of placebo effect as Hydrocodone has the majority of it's activity through active metabolites similar to Tramadol or Codeine. The active ingredient hydrocodone being about 1 60th the content of APAP and then another 100+mg of excipients and binders on top of that means a lot of crap to get through for each mg of API. Same with IV use, Hydrocodone isn't even used for suppositories anymore since there's no up side to other ROA's as hydrocodone needs to be metabolized to "be all it can be".

One way you can double check this is to look for any formulations of the drug available for hospital use that differ from oral/PO use. I mean even Tramadol is available in vials because it has a slight advantage with parenteral use but hydro just doesn't. Smoking is another head scratcher seeing as you have to get through roughly 100+ mg of apap, filler.binders & excipients for each single mg of psychoactive drug. I couldn't begin to imagine all of the pyrolysis products that form when those are combusted just to get a minuscule amount of drug that needs metabolizing to become fully "activated".

Snorting and smoking are for drugs that don't need metabolizing to work or are severely limited in their effectiveness when consumed orally due to first pass metabolism. If you want to experiment with Hydro, try doing a CWE and then plugging it. At least that way most will be absorbed through the section of anus that is processed by the hepatic portae and a small amount will make it to direct systemic circulation.

Take a look at the Hydro wiki page vs say the oxycodone wikipedia page and check out the clinical ROA's listed. While hydro can be used intranasally, it would make far more sense to do so with a single entity pill like Zohydro that's maybe 15% active pharmaceutical ingredient-API- instead of a combination hydro/ APAP pill that's far too little hydrocodone (1%?) vs APAP + fillers.

The best thing about snorting vicodin is the part that drips down the back of your throat into your stomach so it can work.

Thank you very much for your message! I never knew some of the info you shared, I appreciate it! I guess with all that apap, it?s wise to continue cwe, never thought to plug though maybe I?ll give it a go. Going that route, should I start off with a lower dosage? (I use about 20-30 at a time)

You?re right about that placebo affect though because I noticed when using, it doesn?t give me much of a feel as compared to cwe. I use the snorting route mostly due how much less work and how discreet it can be vs cwe.

Sure , no problem :)

Good idea, starting off with half to 2/3 your normal oral dose until you know how it effects you is always prudent and will make plugging easier while you perfect your technique. Plugging can set in faster than oral so it's good to know what to expect before pushing your max dose. If plugging doesn't seem like your cup of tea, oral still has a high bioavailability and a CWE isn't required if you keep the APAP under 1.5 -2 grams. If it becomes an everyday thing or several times a week then CWE is a good idea at anything above 1 gram of APAP.

Hope it works out and report back if you like. In the future if you switch to Oxy or morphine or something then playing with different ROA's can be more rewarding. Stay Safe & Have Fun!