• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Long Time Reader - First Time Poster - ?th Attempt at Quitting

rahzel31

Greenlighter
Hey There Yall,

I've long relied on bluelight for the straight dope. No pun intended. As far as I'm concerned its the finest online resource for reliable honest harm reduction info.

I'm a musician and a brother and son and boyfriend of 6 years.

I'm 32 now and I've struggled with addiction to opiates for the last 12? years. I recently moved from NYC to Richmond VA hoping distance would be an asset to my recovery. I use the term recovery very loosely and in my case I'm really only concerned with my affinity for opiates. If that offends anyone I apologize. I've been to 3 inpatient treatments in the last decade most recently about a month ago. I did something stupid and stopped on my way down to Virginia to cop. A two day 'run' and my cravings are fully reignited and several physical withdrawal symptoms are present as well with rhinorrhea and fatigue being the most prevalent. I've been down here for about a month now and I've been keeping the withdrawal at bay with kratom. This has done nothing but prolong the inevitable. My last dose of kratom was around noon yesterday and I felt good until about noon today. Since then I've been alternating between distraction and obsession with getting high.

I have a friend down here who was able to procure me some marijuana. I smoked and I felt so much better within minutes. I haven't enjoyed smoking since I was 18 or so but today I feel like I'm rediscovering an old friend who is also keeping my mind completely off of getting high. Writing this intro post is kind of triggering my urges actually but I was so pleasantly surprised with the ameliorating effects of cannabis on my previous state that I felt it called for some kind of something. I haven't enjoyed listening to Wilco this much in a while. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and stays safe.

Much Love

Edit: Guess this isn't my first post but its been a long time anyway.

Hey rahzel, welcome to Bluelight,

Dealing with an opiod addiction is no easy task, but I assure you that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't used any for over 40 years, but still enjoy cannabis, so you should not fel bad in the least if it helps get your mind off of being sick. If you haven't already I invite you to check out the Sober Living and The Dark Side sub forums for support. It is a no judgement zone, and a great place to talk and integrate your experience so you can modify the way you think enough to overcome the urge to use.

You've got this :)