European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Removing / deleting posts

apocalypse_when

Bluelighter
May I be so bold as to ask who keeps deleting my posts without warning? As far as I'm aware, there was an innocuois post in "benefits of IVing pregabalin" thread and also the one in the "what areas of the UK are not infested by SJWs" theead. Neither of these posts were abusive or had broken any of the BLUA (as far as Im aware) and yet have vanished...makes me wonder what other posts myself and others have made that have been U/Ad for virtually no reason....

Honestly, just as my sickness and distain for the way this place is run starts to wain a bit and i think I've been a bit too hasty, and so return to posting again, I'm reminded why i left in the first place...
[FONT=z.Garamond][/FONT]
INB4 THIS POST IS ALSO DELETED FOR.........REASONS LOL!!!

Last edited:
Give a nobody an iota of power and they?ll run with it. Bit like getting ID?d in Tesco and not having your ID on you, they get some kind of smug satisfaction from it.

Bit like working at McDonald?s I?d say.

Give a nobody an iota of power and they?ll run with it. Bit like getting ID?d in Tesco and not having your ID on you, they get some kind of smug satisfaction from it.

People know I have removed posts in the recent past, something that I have only made a habit of in order to diffuse conversations which were dragging a number of members seriously close to infractions. While I understand how frustrating this has been and know that I deserve the comments made here, I have to use this opportunity to at least address this issue regarding my motivations and that of most other moderators who I have seen work.

Yes I am nobody thanks to my poor choices over the years but the respect and responsibilities I used to have were earned through my personal and professional life. Power is not something I want or have ever had over other people and on the occasions where I have had to use my position to restrict somebodies liberty, such as preventing someone from leaving a hospital and / or forcing drugs upon someone is never desirable. I have had team management roles in my last 2 jobs, firstly as a Charge Nurse running hospital wards on a per shift basis and following my first recovery, as the assistant manager of a care home. I never had and so never felt any power over anyone either my care or professional supervision, only responsibility. Of course this is something I largely lost after becoming first addicted to heroin, with the remaining respect anayone ever had for me going out of the window following my relapse.

I have now been out of work for the longest period on my life (6 years) and along with my addictions have never been more useless or unnecessary, something which has been common knowledge on here since I started my second account in 2013. While I feel comfortable sharing this on here I am in no position to think that I have earned any respect for making some of the poorest choices possible and volunteering to be a moderator, particularly one who is finally getting the notion from members that he is unfit for the role, is not something that I ever thought would elevate my 'status' in any fashion - I have no status and have not for a long time.

All I want is to see the small amount of life that has returned to this board spend more time having positive discussions than negative ones. I do not relish intervening with other members, not only do I gain no satisfaction but I actively dislike issuing infractions and such. While I have my own personal investment in Bluelights success, its still only an informal membership and anyone who feels a sense of power due to their actions needs to get some perspective - most infractions I issue involve NASADD and the amount of members who join to source, but despite having the ability to instantly temp ban new members it does not serve anything more than keeping drug dealing off the board - almost all the members I have had to kick off obviously do not care less, they are just desperate for drugs and could not care less about being kicked off by some nobody or their reasons, as they never return even once the acct. restriction is lifted having no further use for or interest in Bluelight.

I took this role on due to it being one of the few opportunities I have had since becoming employed that I have an interest in and while I may be awful at what I do I still do not regret it as it has been the final thing left that keeps me connected to the world. While I would prefer to continue I have the forums interest at heart first and foremost and if my stepping down would improve the situation then I will do so.

Ultimately, if I was forced to make a choice, I would rather be physically and psychologically fit to work and would be lucky to get a job at McDonalds than continue to moderate on here. It would give me back more self respect than I have had in years but even if I ever get through a full recovery it is still questionable that any organisation as professional as Maccies would ever employ me. As much as I would hate to give up BL, it is ultimately just a website and how I or anyone else could honestly think that it could ever give me anywhere near as much 'power', responsibility and respect that the most menial of paid work would provide.

Stee - I think you do a great job and from reading your posts I believe you do consider every decision you make very carefully in RL and on BL. I think you are a very courageous and caring person and often too harsh on yourself.

It is kind of like working at McDonalds in the sense that, sometimes a customer whose lifestyle seems to revolve around eating shit food has the audacity not only to talk down on the people serving them, but to judge them for their place in life as well.

The fact is, there is no 'smug sense of satisfaction' from working at Tesco or McDonalds. How could there be when people like you refer to them as a nobody and say that they are power-tripping just for doing their job?

If you feel like a drug forum moderator or the chick working the counter at Tesco has some kind of control over you, the problem is yours.

Stee - I think you do a great job and from reading your posts I believe you do consider every decision you make very carefully in RL and on BL. I think you are a very courageous and caring person and often too harsh on yourself.

^Totally this!!

I didn't read your posts before so I don't know much though if someone from Staff decides that a person did an action which's wrong he will back it up to keep the community in order, if the member was right in the respective post and the Staff did not think at that time or didn't learn that side of the story you could explain it and then your posts would reappear & he will be warned, worst case removed but I don't think that's the issue here. Shake your hands, it's just the internet

regards,

Winter

Thanks to all who have brought some perspective to this, please accept my apologies for the above outburst which was made while high as a kite - I try not to take things personally on here any more and have largely dropped the habit of bemoaning my station with a pity dick fucking my mouth hole, as while I have plenty of legitimate gripes things could always be a lot worse. At the end of the day I am and always have been a committed space cadet first and foremost and just want to see people get on. Yes we could do things better but trust me when I say that all volunteer members moderate not only the core membership but each others work and while some are better than this than others (kleinerkiffer, picking one example, has forgotten more about drugs than I will ever know and like his excellent colleagues in the OD and BDD forums, is only ever motivated by the desire to facilitate discussion by correcting misinformation, requiring not only the widest range of pharmaceutical knowledge than the drug specific focus forums but also arguably the most dynamism as both BDD and OD potentially deal with any type of person taking the widest range of drugs with the most variable of habits) everyone I have every seen with BL's interest at heart has only ever tried to be better at what they do.

Yes, the board may somewhat of a shadow of its former self but EADD is objectively the busiest it has been in over 2 years and at the end of the day we are still here, somewhat of an achievement considering the antiquated platform it uses when compared to the instant but largely disposable content provided by Reddit and other, more contemporary message boards.

Yes, the software is creaking so badly that the site is a pain to use at times and from what I gather, a poor experience on mobile but I am sure I do not have to highlight how hard the admins are currently working on getting the new platform up and running, which despite improving the experience will still act a a bulletin board, hopefully demonstrating the niche use we still have for such websites

It's not you Stee' you're a good mod .. as is FUBAR (although he allegedly sucks donkeys cocks...no comment on that though :)

It's some of the other mods who seem to think that respect is OWED to thrm despite being dicks...I even had one tellas an ex soldier I should know how to "follow orders" and "know which side my bread is buttered"...the delusions of grandeur are off the charts for some.

Even alot of the posts in this thread' including those by moderators seem to have been removed too.... this is getting silly..

Please guys don't turn it into OD or BDD where with the exception if one or two.. most of the mods are laughable clowns....

Come on...you're better than this fellas

I agree. The censorship on here is out of control...as it is throughout most of the internet. But I expect more from BL. It's certainly greatly changed from the early days, & IMO, hardly for the better.

Too much censorship, far too many forums, too many mods (though some are excellent, even if all were, the traffic doesn't warrant them), too many rules.