View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

need advice dosing Yopo

Troglodyte

Bluelighter
So, i was given this lovely bag of Katukina yopo that was made by a shaman in columbia specifically for a friend of mine. but he is not reachable for a while and i've never done yopo, and so i dont know how to dose it. i'd have to think there's a decent variance in potency when other unknown south american jungle plants get mixed in, just to complicate things.

I've been having some incredible, actually divine DMT trips lately, some of the best of my life. it seems for me, a benzo and maybe a couple beers is the key to avoiding the uncomfortable body load that i used to get. i am getting frustrated by the short duration and the incrediblely fast tolerance.

I have not, however, tried 5-meo-dmt. but i've wanted to. tho i assumed id be smoking it first to taste it in my mind with less commitment. but here i am in this situation staring at a bag of yopo and thinking it's probably the next logical step if im frustrated by smoked dmt's short duration.

So i'm asking 2 things. 1. how the hell much do you think i should do? and if i start small and titrate up, will it cause tolerance issue and keep me from getting where i want to be? I know it'll cause horrendous pain in my face issues. but you've gptta crack a few eggs. and 2. Anyone with experience, how would you compare or contrast the experience of 5-meo, particularly in this insufflated form, to smoked dmt(with or without rue). thanks

Ha, if yopo hit the Mu receptor i bet id get some replies... Whats going on with the world. some years ago i'd def have some replies. but i'm not blaming anyone but the high level H and fent dealers/cartels. We're hard pressed to find anything else these days without serious effort and planning. We're just drowning in opioids. I've been trying to find other drugs to sate my cravings but it's a chore... jeepers

Traffic is down around here lately, sadly (see the Viewpoint: thread right next to this one). I think the reason no one has replied is because it might be no one knows how to estimate dosage of pre-prepared yopo snuff. I know how to suggest a dosage in whole seeds, that then need to be prepared.

I did some quick googling and I saw someone mention sniffing 1 gram of the prepared snuff and having strong effects. If I were you I'd just start quite low and work your way up until you find a good dose.

I sent you a link to the one of the only sites I remember finding with native shamanic yopo snuff info. I would get aclear plastic tube, maybe 1/4" from the hardware store. Like for bleeding break fluid. Thats what I used for rapeh snuffs. Just load what you want in one end, other end in nostril and blow as hard as possible. There are different breaths you can use, i formation should be easy to find. I would just practice a bit. Short sharp hard breaths. Breathe deep from diaphram first.

The only other place I recall having any info was a NL based herbal shop (quite large, easy to find).

Ease post your experience!!!

Well, as a heads up, most of the early literature wrongly attributed the psychedelic properties of yopo to 5-MeO-DMT. When I dug into it, more comprehensive sources confirmed that while 5-MeO-DMT is found in Anadenanthera peregrina (yopo) and colubrina (cebil) seeds, it is found in only trace amounts. 5-HO-DMT (bufotenin), however, is in fact the chemical predominantly responsible for the psychedelic effects. If you have any doubts, the experience will confirm it for you. 5-MeO-DMT is as far away from 5-HO-DMT as you can possibly get in terms of subjective experience. Vaporized 5-MeO-DMT is annihilation of the senses and the self, potentially leading to ecstatic union with the entirety of the multiverse; vaporized 5-HO-DMT is a clear-headed visual feast with little to no headspace or content at all.

If you are enamored with tradition, by all means try the snuff. However, I personally do not have any interest in shoving large amounts of burnt peanut butter-smelling plant matter into my sinus cavities when I can just extract the bufotenin and do with that what I will. I've never tried insufflating it; if I remember correctly, it irritates/burns mucous membranes similar to nicotine, although apparently there can be more content this way than when vaporized. Vaporization is more miss than hit for me--I found enhanced leaf much more reliable. This isn't the place for extraction teks, but a quick Google search for bufo changa should point you in the right direction. I've also heard that predosing with a harmine containing tea can be effective.

Also, my impression is that 33% of people hate 5-HO-DMT, getting only horrible bodyload (nausea, vomiting, cramping, flushing, vasoconstriction, etc.) 33% get milder side-effects and mild effects like color shifting (this is all I have gotten from vaporizing the freebase.) 33% get mild side effects for 1-2 minutes before the visuals kick in, lasting 10-20 minutes. Tolerance appears rapidly, so mixing some harmine/harmaline source into your enhanced leaf will slow down the comeup and allow you to titrate up more easily to get to where you want.

Here's an old report: https://www.bluelight.org/vb/thread...time-quot-Inconsistent-visual-confection-quot

Thank you all for the input. it's all appreciated.

Pfaffed, i was unaware about the general ratio lending primary activity to bufotenine instead of 5-meo-dmt. I'm eventually going to go for it, but the idea of extracting the alkaloids to make it, at least a somewhat, less unpleasant. I would be interested in the activity of 5-ho-DMT vs 4-ho-DMT and 4-aco-DMT. Sounds far dirtier unfortunately, but i'd like to know for my own knowledge. i'm not too well versed in chemistry unfortunatey, but i wonder about the conversion between 5-meoDMT and 5-ho-DMT, since it seems that they repeatedly appear together in nature, as found in the soonoran desert toad, peregrina seeds, and another source that's escaping me right now. I also wonder if there is a part of the life cycle of the seeds where 5-meo content could be maximized. or maybe i need a pet toad...

As for dosing the yopo, whether i extract the alkaloids or just go for the green mystery powder, i'm going to start low. i'm just going to wait til the time is right. seems like an important bit of restraint