• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

So does it turn men into girly guys. Do you grow tits and loose some hair? Put on some fat on female places, big bud and lovehandles.

That kinda info would deter males from indulging. Pure harm reduction by scare tactics. Throw in some Hops and

"We have identified a potent phytoestrogen in hops, 8-prenylnaringenin, which has an activity greater than other established plant estrogens. The estrogenic activity of this compound was reflected in its relative binding affinity to estrogen receptors from rat uteri. The presence of 8-prenylnaringenin in hops may provide an explanation for the accounts of menstrual disturbances in female hop workers. This phytoestrogen can also be detected in beer, but the levels are low and should not pose any cause for concern." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10372741
You see no cause of concern, right. Count up all the probably hormonal disregulators we have been exposed to since childhood. I see absolutely no case off any concerns, only an increase of chubby guys with big asses and no shoulders coupled with girls that are the opposite.

I do believe hops have estrogenic type properties and reduce male sex drive. For this concerned about this, I would not recommend drinking a lot of hoppy beers like IPAs.

I do believe hops have estrogenic type properties and reduce male sex drive. For this concerned about this, I would not recommend drinking a lot of hoppy beers like IPAs.

Me too but being sarcastic. Did not notice anything supressing maledom pheaturistics in myself through drinking alcohol or hops. But beer with Gruut/ Gruit instead of Hop would def be a improvement. Tastewise and hormonal. To bad they are in minority, beers with Gruit

Gruut/ Gruit : Gagel (Myrica gale), SwampRosemary (Ledum palustre) ,Laserherb (Laserpitium siler) en Laurierberries(Laurus nobilis). In Keulen assumedly also : Anijs (Pimpinella anisum), Jeneverberries (Juniperus communis) en Karwij (Carvum carvi)

Some refined hars (sticky stuff from trees trunks) is rumored to have been used. Tasted a belgium beer from Brussel solely made with Gruut/ Gruit and it was better tasting then any beer with Hop I tasted. And I tasted a lot.
Btw IPA beers imo taste like shit anyway, don't like that typical liquorice like taste is has. Reminds me of that Guinness beercan that has a ball in it to prevent it from forming a foam layer.

Not for me.

Last edited:
I mean this with all due respect to those who have already posted/created this thread, but as a moderator I'm required to beg that painful question; How exactly does this relate to the concept of Harm Reduction, which, I am also required to say is the objective and philosophical foundation of the sub-forum we find ourselves in.

Hello! For HR purposes, I would like to know if this is a safe combo. I want to feel less anxious on (prescribed) Adderall while I do my work. I take 40-60mg a day and wanted to take a few shots during the Adderall's effects. Also, would I still be able to focus and have a clear mind? Thank you for your time! :p

Last edited:
While there is no obvious dangerous reaction, it?s not a good idea if you might go bezurk and drink a lot or take more addys

oh hell no I remember the first time I drank too much and my room was spinning and I felt so dizzy, it was awful.

You want to take shots while you work? Not advised, adderall and booze is hard to balance, if you take too much booze you might not get the desired adderall clarity and if you take to much adderall you might want more booze to take the edge off.

This will lead to a positive feedback loop of you taking more and more alcohol and adderall to balance out the effects of the other.

Strictly speaking for the health effects, unless you have a heart condition/other health conditions or are at risk for a heart attack or stroke, adderall and alcohol doesn't pose an immediate danger. Over time, in combination, they are brutal on the heart and probably other functions of the circulatory system. Also the comedown is especially bad when mixing the two which will again lead to excessive dosing to balance the effects.

I save this combo for a very rare occasion because of how toxic it feels to the body and even then i'm concerned with what it's doing to my health.

I wouldn't recommend this combination. There is no deadly interaction but it's just not healthy for your body.

It changes the way the drugs are metabolized. I mean i do it all the time, i'm doing it right now, but ive been practicing for a few decades. but i remember a few times in college where that combo led to the worst hangovers of my life. First, the amphetamine makes you think your more sober than you are, so you drink more than you should. combine that with the altered metabolism and you could well be looking at a rather large build up of acetylaldehyde, a metabolite from the alcohol which is actually what causes hangovers. All the -aldehydes are pretty nasty in the human body, except formaldehyde, that's aces...no, but BTW, its not dehydration or any of the random things that people say that causes hangovers, i mean that certainly doesnt help and could contribute, but it's the metabolite between ethanol and acetic acid; acetylaldehyde, that builds up faster than you can process it into acetic acid and piss it out, that causes hangovers, and that build up is potentially far more likely and intense in the presence of adderall.

But like i said, it can absolutely be done and done well, but it takes time, and you might regret a few things along the way. so maybe reevaulate what your looking for, and if oyu choose to go ahead with it, MODERATION on the alcohol side

Last edited:
^^^^

I've never felt closer to death when drinking then on the nights where i had way to much but didn't realize it until the adderall wore off.

Yup, it's damn easy to get carried away, thinking " i could defiinitely handle a couple more drinks"... The next morning is a hard teacher

It is imperative to note that taking prescription stimulants, such as Adderall, in association with alcohol can result in consuming unsafe and potentially dangerous amounts of alcohol. If the drug Adderall is already in your body, which blocks the depressant effects of alcohol, you will miss the warning signs that you have had enough alcohol. This could be possibly to the point where you can develop alcohol poisoning. So, it is better to stay away from alcohol while you are undergoing treatment with Adderall.

Like DrMole said, no obvious dangerous interactions.

I call the mixture of methylphenidate and alcohol truth serum, you?ll say everything that pops in your head.

Never had the same reaction with adderall but I don?t know if I had the doses of either alcohol or addy high enough to find out.

So after years of hard drinking and after yet once again hitting rock bottom I've finally decided to go to detox. I'm not too worried about detox as I was once already there(about four years ago I went there after my then gf attempted suicide because of me-my sobriety however only lasted five days). The withdrawal and the dts will be terrible, especially since I won't take many pills because I don't trust them ever since a nasty pill overdose two years ago(that's also why I'm not considering replacing alcohol with pills) but I think I can manage it. The harder part will be actually staying off the booze. I know I can't handle total sobriety(at least not for the first couple of months) so I thought I'd try replacing it with weed. The only problem is I don't really like weed. I've smoked it maybe 20 or 30 times and not once did I truly enjoy it. But I'm pretty sure I was really drunk every single time I smoked it and that probably gave it a negative effect(it mostly ended in terrible blackouts). So I'm pretty sure it'll be way better if I do it without alcohol? The other thing I was wondering about is how much control will I be in when I smoke it. Last year I had a good spell of about three or four months when I only drank in the morning and at night. I drank 1l of wine in the morning and 2 or 3l at night and I was never really drunk and was able to do a lot of things like reading and playing sports.Of course it all went to hell when I started drinking from blackout to blackout again but that's the type of thing I'd like to have with weed. A little bit in the morning to take the pressure off and a little bit at night to be able to fall asleep. Do you guys thinks I could make that work? Also are there any tips on how to stay in control when smoking weed?(Something like drinking a ton of water with alcohol to be less drunk). I really need this to go well for me, I'm sick of alcohol destroying everything in my life..

It never worked for me, but that doesn't mean it won't for you.

There's only one way to find out. The reason it never worked for me is as my tolerance went up, I woul get bored with it and want something stronger like alcohol.

Weed won't stop withdrawal seizures or other potentially fatal complications.
You need a benzodiazepine for a safe detox (ideally diazepam due to it's long half-life and very strong anticonvulsant properties.
Benzo's and barbiturates are the only safe way to come off alcohol really.

If you're talking about detoxing and THEN smoking weed instead of drinking... it might work, but they're very different drugs. It's true that smoking on top of a heavy alcohol dose will cause the spins and blackouts and such. If you smoke weed not on top of something else it;s better. The thing is, weed is basically a mild hallucinogen (not so mild if you don;t have experience). So unlike alcohol, which dampens everything, reduced anxiety, etc, weed is very situational and can definitely increase anxiety. However it certainly gets you high so if you're just obsessed with altering yourself (like many of us, myself included), it can be good for that. I use weed in this way sometimes, just something to get high on, that is pretty benign. You can smoke daily and then stop and be fine, it's one of the great things about weed. But it's also one of the most anxiety-causing drugs IME.

People react differently to weed. It wasn't a comfortable high for me until recently. Now I can enjoy a toke without freaking out or being bothered too much by the effects.

If you can replace booze with weed and you think that's the best way for you to stay clean off the sauce then have at it.

The morning energy and chill nights are both possible with weed, you just have to choose the right strains and dose for the time of day. It's a matter of personal preference for which dose works best but definitely use a strong sativa strain high in THC for the morning. For the nights you can use either strain but indica will be better for falling asleep. Personally if I smoke a strong sativa at night i'll end up staying up all night studying theoretical physics and historical events.

As for controlling your use, that'll be tough depending on how much you actually enjoy the effects and how strong your addictive tendencies are. But even if you end up smoking more often then you should keep in mind it's still infinitely more healthy than binging on alcohol.

Maybe try only buying a little bit at a time and dividing it up into daily amounts. Like only buying enough for 5-7 days and equally dividing up the doses to set a kind of limit for yourself. If you don't use some of your daily dose then throw it into a separate container for an extra relaxing weekend or vacation.

This will give you some incentive not to smoke your daily supply and thus keep your use lower. ^That kind of system would work for me but you might need to come up with something else to reward yourself for using less weed.

Good luck and good on you for getting off alcohol!

i know its a no no to do benzos and drink, but ive been doing it with 2 mg of clonazepam for about 2 years or so. right now im weaning off of the benzo and the withdrawals are killing me.

would it be that terrible of an idea to drink moderately to help alleviate my problems?

Last edited: